Guest viewing is limited

“papakatsu”: More And More Girls In Japan Are Turning To Sugar Daddies To Wine And Dine Them

roots reggae

Officially Unverified
Reaction score
The latest from my favorite source of kinky Japanese News, RocketNews24

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/07/...rning-to-sugar-daddies-to-wine-and-dine-them/

An excerpt from the article:

Understandably the concept has been met with a lot of scrutiny, criticism, and backlash, with some sugar babies, like Ms. Yuyuna here, feeling the need to speak out on the matter.

“People against having sugar daddies just don’t have the courage to get one themselves, or they’re not pretty enough to make much if they did so they’re just jealous of cute girls that are investing in themselves. What’s so wrong about having a sugar daddy? We’re just fulfilling a demand and it’s not any of your business.”

5202991675_2d8495ecc1_b.jpg

First of all, i don't think it's anything new in Japan. Come on, the enjou kosai boom in the 90s, anyone?

And the way this girl says it sounds a bit arrogant but i agree with the spirit.
People are quick to call prostitution or sugar dating "easy money".
Hah, if it's so easy why don't you do it yourself???
I have seen newcommers to deai cafe in tears after their first guy, it's not for everyone.

The article contrasts the Western view of the sugardaddy/babe

From an outsider’s view, papakatsu doesn’t seem all that different from enjo-kosai, or compensated dating, where girls (particularly those who are high school-aged) seek out and/or are approached by older men who are more than happy to give them money and gifts for a little bit of their time, or possibly more. But those who currently have a sugar daddy say the concept is completely separate because they aren’t centered around physical desire or love. That is to say, unlike the Western concept of a sugar daddy, these sugar daddies aren’t getting any sugar, and the relationship is closer to one of a hostess and her client.

The article contrasts the Western view of the sugardaddy/babe

From an outsider’s view, papakatsu doesn’t seem all that different from enjo-kosai, or compensated dating, where girls (particularly those who are high school-aged) seek out and/or are approached by older men who are more than happy to give them money and gifts for a little bit of their time, or possibly more. But those who currently have a sugar daddy say the concept is completely separate because they aren’t centered around physical desire or love. That is to say, unlike the Western concept of a sugar daddy, these sugar daddies aren’t getting any sugar, and the relationship is closer to one of a hostess and her client.
I think in the enjou kosai age a lot of the girls would also only do dinners or other non sexual things though.

Reactions: Wwanderer
The article suggests a connection to the new My Number system which is interesting and maybe plausible.

-Ww

Reactions: AliceInWonderland