3D Printed Gun Pioneer arrested for sex with a minor he met on a Sugarbaby site.

Wow. In Canada it's been established that if there was a reasonable expectation that the woman was of age, then there was no intent to break the law, and that prosecution could not be concluided for statutory charges. That all stemmed back to a case where a guy picked up a stripper working at a strip bar and took her home, and later found out she was actually fifteen. The courts accepted that he had every right to expect that she was at least 19 because of where and how he met her.

No such precedent in most US states....

Wow. In Canada it's been established that if there was a reasonable expectation that the woman was of age, then there was no intent to break the law, and that prosecution could not be concluded for statutory charges. That all stemmed back to a case where a guy picked up a stripper working at a strip bar and took her home, and later found out she was actually fifteen. The courts accepted that he had every right to expect that she was at least 19 because of where and how he met her.

No such precedent in most US states....

In the situation you described, I think that if this went to a jury trial in the US, I think there would be reasonable doubt that the guy did anything wrong because he would have expected a stripper in a strip club to be of age. To be honest I think there is enough reasonable doubt in the situation with the guy from the link I shared that he would have been able to use the same defense, except that it seems he went to Taiwan after he found out he was being investigated, and that he apparently put a deposit down on an apartment rental there...