News 5/8/2016 - Post-golden Week Aftermath And Follow-up!

TAG Manager

Executive Leadership
Reaction score
Hello again everyone!

I hope that everyone that was or still in Japan enjoyed the Golden Week activities.

For TAG matters, I've decided to start catching up today on items that need attention here. Things were relatively quiet, so thank you for that!

Aside from TAG, I had a very nasty welcome wagon waiting for me in my mailbox when I returned back to my place.... TAXES. I love how Japan has their golden week holidays, but as soon as you return, you've got these nice tax bills waiting for you.

If you don't own property or vehicles in Japan, then maybe you are lucky enough to avoid these things. (Yes, I know that the tax bills would come, but since they are all due by May 31st, of course they are on-time to deliver them!)

Back to TAG, getting back on track, things that will happen over the next few days:

- Advertising - Fix the last bugs and start collecting payment from those who've planned to purchase space. (Thank you.)

- Low-Profile/Discreet Theme - Planned to be released early during the business week this week.

- HTTPS - Aiming to have this running in the same time frame as the low profile theme.

Apologies in advance for delayed replies to private messages and emails sent to us.

Thank you for your understanding!

(PS: I'll be on business trips during the summer, but I'll post about that separately once we get closer to those dates.)

- Advertising - Fix the last bugs and start collecting payment from those who've planned to purchase space. (Thank you.)

- Low-Profile/Discreet Theme - Planned to be released early during the business week this week.

- HTTPS - Aiming to have this running in the same time frame as the low profile theme.

Updates as of 5/16/2016:

- Low Profile Theme > Use the style chooser at the bottom left of the page (next to language) and use the TAG Default Style as written.
- HTTPS = Done and everything has been working almost zero complaints.
- Advertising...... it's killing me. Still working on it.

Thanks.

Reactions: scorpioni6ths
- Low Profile Theme > Use the style chooser at the bottom left of the page (next to language) and use the TAG Default Style as written.

Note: This is a work-in-progress -- it will change a bit, but not significantly, I don't think...