Guest viewing is limited

A few questions about Bliss Out

SweetSummer

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. This seems like a great resource, we're glad we found it, but we have a couple of questions about Bliss Out before we'd have to rearrange our schedule to be there on a decent night.

We're an attractive married couple in our early 40's, we go to swinger clubs and lifestyle clubs all over the world, but have not been to one in Japan yet. Most of what you all have written about Bliss Out seems perfectly in line with most places we've been, so we don't expect any massive surprises... but still have a couple of questions.

1 - Is Bliss Out still a good place for foreigners with no conversational Japanese language skills? Once inside, we understand the general rules of the social areas versus the play areas, the purposes of the velvet ropes and curtains, no phones, about boundaries, consent, negotiating, etc, but the part that seems different in Japan is that many places apparently won't let you in the door unless you speak conversational Japanese. I've read that Bliss Out is just about the only one that is friendly to English speakers, and that the manager is fluent in English. Anyone know if this is still the case? We'd hate to arrange our trip to go there and be turned away for not speaking Japanese.

2 - Our current itinerary will put us in Tokyo on a Sunday and Monday... which is obviously not ideal. The Bliss Out website seems a bit confusing about their hours on Sundays and Mondays. Maybe they're only open Sunday during Cafe Time (10:00-19:00) and only open Mondays during Bar Time (19:00 - ?). Anyone know if we're reading that correctly, and whether either of those times would even be worth going?

3 - We knew years ago that tobacco smoke was very heavy in all the social areas (even if not allowed in the play rooms) but we thought maybe the law has changed about smoking in bars and restaurants. Are clubs like Bliss Out now smoke-free, or what should we expect?

4 - We read on more than one forum that condom use can be considered so mandatory that the staff will even demand to see that you're using one mid-coitus. We agree 100% about safe play with others, but does this mean if I'm playing with my own wife I'll be required to use a condom? I see some clubs have Bukkake nights, so I don't see how that squares with mandatory condom use, especially if it's supposedly mandatory even among partners who arrived together. Any experience with that? Do they provide latex-free ones or should we bring our own (might seem like a dumb question but some clubs insist you use their condoms).

5 - Finally, while it's a minor point, one of our favorite things about lifestyle clubs are all the variations on kinky themes, such as glory hole rooms, or rooms full of specific sex furniture and swings, high tech stuff, sybians, etc. Does anyone know if there are noteworthy things like that in Bliss Out, any particularly cool rooms or amenities, or is it mostly just regular rooms, mats, and couches? (Glory holes are of particular interest, but anything cool and unusual is good.)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Reactions: TAG Manager
just found the thread by @LoveHotelFun about bliss with xxyyzz in the title, it gives a good description of the rooms. The lattice wall sounds like fun, not completely dissimilar to a glory hole wall.

Bliss is not comparable to lifestyle clubs in the U.S. As long as you keep that in mind, it can be fun.

1) You may get turned away at Bliss on Sunday or Monday if there is no other customers inside and you do not speak Japanese.

2) Same answer as #1 but we would not expect a large crowd on those days.

3) Smoking is allowed at Bliss, but there are decent vents there. We are nonsmokers and it has not bothered us.

4) Condoms are required, even with your wife. I would not expect you to be stopped to checked by any staff. Condoms are provided, but are Japanese sized and not latex-free. You can bring your own.

5) There is a collection of dildos and vibrators at Bliss and a few kinky chairs for bondage. Nothing fancy or high-tech.

So we agree with all of b1ngx2 answers except

Condoms. Never ever been asked or warned about condoms. Been several times with my wife and no issues. We even brought a completely trusted friend and not required for either of us as we played with my wife.

We have never played with another guy there other than the trusted friend we brought with.

Also the sex toys are numerous but no Symbian or anything. There is a bondage X outside the playrooms where you could bind your partner wrist and ankles while they stand against the wall. It’s In the middle of the playrooms and just outside the shower area.

Sadly the wife and I aren’t back in Tokyo area together until mid October. Hope you have a great time

Bliss Out is one of the few places you can go with no Japanese language ability, I managed some polite small talk using Google translate but you can take your phone away from the bar so if you end up downstairs you may have problems.

Friday, Saturday and event nights are probably your best bet, I was in there last Wednesday night and there were only six other people there, 3 male 3 female in total the whole evening and no activity took place at all downstairs.