Guest viewing is limited

A review of RGC

SugoiBoy

TAG Member
Reaction score
RGC is a strip club on Okinawa. The establishment seems relatively new. At least, I don’t recall seeing RGC when I was previously on the island.

The full name is Revolucion Gentlemen’s Club. Yes, they use the Spanish word for “Revolution” in the name, but they omit the acute accent mark on the last vowel. Frankly, there didn’t seem to be anything particularly Hispanic about RGC. One of the dancers might have been a Latina, but that is about it.

Most of the customers appear to be Americans connected with the nearby U.S. military bases. Indeed, all prices in the bar are quoted in dollars rather than yen. That practice is somewhat unusual even for Okinawa. If you happen to only have yen on you, the staff will convert currency, but at an exchange rate that is very unfavorable to the customer.

Be that as it may, the cover charge on the particular night that I visited was $20. Drink prices started at $5. A private dance was said to be $20, but I didn’t bother with that.

The bar is relatively small. There were perhaps four or five dancers on duty. Most of the dancers were Asians. One gal had a big dragon tattoo on her back.

The place has a single stage. There is a private dance area off to the side separated by a curtain.

Expect to have your ID checked regardless of age. Your name will be recorded. So, if you are the paranoid type, then you had better go elsewhere.

For me, as a non-smoker, the main drawback was all the secondhand smoke. The building has very little in the way of ventilation. If RGC had been smoke-free, then I would have stayed longer and spent more money.

RGC is located on Route 58 in Chatan. It is about a block from an older strip club called Chi Chis. As far as I can tell, the businesses have different owners.

Here is a little update.

Revolucion Gentlemen’s Club is still open, but it doesn't have the full signage that it once had. At first, I thought RGC was closed, but it's still in business. This American-style strip club is as smoky as ever. RGC opens around 6:30 p.m. If you arrive before 9 p.m., then you can be exempt from paying the $20 entrance fee.

The club is located upstairs from a place called Bullseye, which is a combination bar and cafe.

What is the exact address of this place? Very interested in visiting when I go down south this summer.

Reactions: SugoiBoy
Nice. I totally missed this thread so I'm glad you updated it. Okinawa is one of my favorite places but not necessarily to P4P. Since I'm American but not military, it does sometimes get a bit weird visiting those clubs. Thanks for that though. Maybe I'll stop in if I have US currency to burn.

Reactions: Negi77 and SugoiBoy