Guest viewing is limited

A scary situation in Kabukicho this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

laniersenpai

TAG Member
Reaction score
I wake up this morning and head out to get something for breakfast. I'm walking through Kabukicho on my way to Lumine for some food and as I walk through I hear yelling. Yelling is an understatement. I heard complete screaming.

As I continue walking which was to the screams, I come across a Nigerian dude absolutely going OFF on this girl. She looked terrified. I couldn't tell whether she was Thai or Japanese but that girl needed help. Everyone just sat around and watched it unfold.

I continue walking and he locks eyes on me. I look right back at him in disappointment and keep walking. He stopped yelling at the girl after telling her to "go home".

It's been stuck with me all day. Whatever situation that girl was in, I hope she makes it out of it.

Also leave it to that guy to make us (black people) look like shit. It was a rough thing to watch.

Smart move not getting involved. That just never ends well here.

That's "scary"? I've seen a guy in his 20s beat up and curb stomp another guy in his 20s outside a McDonalds in the Shinuku area with 8 other guys (bystanders) just standing around and watching. No one even threatened to call the police. THAT's scary.

The beat down eventually stomped and the attacker just walked off while the other guy lay writing on the ground and no one walking around him even offered a hand. It was slightly raining, mind you.

Cold, just cold. Japanese people act like they care about others, but they can be so cold sometimes.

I've also seen a drunk group of college students in Shinjuku with one young girl laying on the ground completely passed out. The guys around her were just laughing like hyenas and slapping her face while telling her to wake up and then some of them were coping feels of her boobs and other areas.

RAPE, that's even scarier

Reactions: ur19877
Non-heroic

And this is the part where you tell us you went in and protected the guy even though you took a beating like that Kickass movie? Not really worth talking down others for doing nothing in these situations when nobody does and everyone knows it'll cause you way more problems than being a hero and helping random strangers is worth. Tbh seeing young women drink too much and pass out in the open is common as hell in Tokyo. I poked my nose in exactly one time and asked if a woman passed out on the platform of a JR station was okay and the guy working on the platform said she was fine and to leave her alone. So I did and a bunch of drunk Japanese guys took photos and laughed as they ignored them. Last time I saw a drunk woman head in hands on the train a guy got on and sat down next to her. He just kept looking at her and inching closer then looking around. Got off before they did so god knows how that ended.

Shit happens to people you don't know in Tokyo every day. You can't risk your life to save everyone because you are not Batman. If somebody starts bothering a friend or the young lady I'm with then I'll ask them to go away but I'm not jumping into a fight with random people for random people I never met.

I think if i’d see someone beating up someone else i’d discreet call the alarm number and try to have the police come to the location.
Just shouting? It may be taken as a waste of time for the police if it doesn’t escalate.
There are plenty of drunk people who pass out around kabuki cho. I don’t see this kind of protection for guys who pass out and get poked and slapped by their friends.
I have seen the police come to several passed out drunks though.
I’d also think twice before getting the police involved. The victims may not be thankful to you later in several situations (they may catch a fine themselves if they are shady, or their partner may find out they have been partying and drinking and had to go to the police station, or their friends will make fun of it later).
But if someone is getting beaten up that’s serious of course, if they died i’d feel personally responsible if i could have done anything to prevent it.

Non-heroic

A bit ironic coming from you of all people.

But seriously - you get into it here, and you're going down to the police station with everyone else. At best, you're going to lose a solid ten hours dealing with it. At worst, you cop charges as well, and if you're lucky they only hold you for a week or two. There's a reason why the Japanese people standing around aren't getting involved. Call a cop and move on.

A bit ironic coming from you of all people.

But seriously - you get into it here, and you're going down to the police station with everyone else. At best, you're going to lose a solid ten hours dealing with it. At worst, you cop charges as well, and if you're lucky they only hold you for a week or two. There's a reason why the Japanese people standing around aren't getting involved. Call a cop and move on.

Every heard of save the day and then flee when the fuzz arrives?
Why do you think Batman always leaves the crime scene?

Every heard of save the day and then flee when the fuzz arrives?
Why do you think Batman always leaves the crime scene?

You're honestly attempting to compare yourself to Batman?

Well, thanks for the laugh at least.

Desperately still believing that the reason people think you're a tool is because they're jealous of yours, are we?

Who's desperate? I'm not bored like you are trying to kill time by putting me down.

Have a nice (or bad, whichever your prefer) life.

Who's desperate?

Well.... as you know, girls talk.

And there's been a bit of talk about someone who demands steeply discounted rates in trade for favourable reviews and threatens to trash reputations if he doesn't get them.

Sound familiar?

Perhaps sound... a little financially desperate?

Reactions: MikeH and Hofmeyer
Well.... as you know, girls talk.

And there's been a bit of talk about someone who demands steeply discounted rates in trade for favourable reviews and threatens to trash reputations if he doesn't get them.

Sound familiar?

Perhaps sound... a little financially desperate?

That's a pretty big accusation, but I say "the one who smelled it, dealt it."
If you're talking about such things, you're probably the one who's doing that.
You must be pretty desperate if you're gonna reach into a bag of BS and try to
sell it as perfume.

Sounds more like you're talking about a certain Frenchman, and I'm American in case you couldn't tell. (Remember his first post ever on TAG?)

Anyway, I stand by my reviews. And like I've said to you over 100 times, if you want to challenge me on a particular provider you thought I was not accurate about, list your complaints and I'll gladly review and rebut each one.

I have been one of the few members on this board to give out all the gems I had the pleasure of discovering.

Besides, I would never trash a reputation, and if you're saying I do that, then you must be high or being fed false information.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
That's a pretty big accusation, but I say "the one who smelled it, dealt it."
If you're talking about such things, you're probably the one who's doing that.
You must be pretty desperate if you're gonna reach into a bag of BS and try to
sell it as perfume.

We know who they're talking about, Rider.

You had to know word would get out sooner or later.

And this is the part where you tell us you went in and protected the guy even though you took a beating like that Kickass movie?

I did do something. I didn't want to toot my own horn here, but yelled at the guy to leave the other guy alone and then I called an ambulance. If there were no witnesses around, I might have even jumped into the fight myself, Spiderman-style. But, with too many people around to see my secret identity, I had to play it cool.

We know who they're talking about, Rider.

You had to know word would get out sooner or later.

"Forever blowing bubbles...."

Nuff, said.

But seriously, over 90% of what you wrote about does not apply to me so I can only imagine that someone is playing you like a valichord.

Yes... so very American. You have no idea what that phrase is or means. :)

Nuff, said.

But seriously, over 90% of what you wrote about does not apply to me so I can only imagine that someone is playing you like a valichord.

Keep trying for damage control, Rider.

Not going to do you much good at this stage, but hey, keep on trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.