About Sumo

statrosa

TAG Member
Reaction score
I have been reading the news lately about the whole Haramafuji-Takanoiwa affair.
Got to say I am very disappointed in Takanohana.

He was my alltime favorite, why has he become such a dick.

I know he and his brother misbehaved often, even on tv, but that was brotherly rivalry.

But this is absurd.
I was actually planning to go to the summer Jungyo just to say hi to him.

But, jezus christ what an asshole.

I have been reading the news lately about the whole Haramafuji-Takanoiwa affair.
Got to say I am very disappointed in Takanohana.

He was my alltime favorite, why has he become such a dick.

I know he and his brother misbehaved often, even on tv, but that was brotherly rivalry.

But this is absurd.
I was actually planning to go to the summer Jungyo just to say hi to him.

But, jezus christ what an asshole.

Sorry to say, but I support Takanohana and he did the right thing. It must be embarrassing for Mongolia to have two yokozunas retire in disgrace. Even Hakuho tried to lie about what happened to try and protect Harumafuj and save his country even more disgrace.

I know that the Mongolian media is trying to make Takanohana the bad guy by saying "If the two wrestlers shook hands and decided to cover up the incident, then why did he still go to the police?"

Did you see the level of injury to Takanoiwa? That can't be ignored as hazing or a deserved punishment. Getting drunk like a bum and fracturing someone else's skull is a criminal offense, and Takanohana is just protecting his student.

Now we have two bad seeds out of the Yokozuna ranks and Hakuho isn't far from retirement. I know it'll be a sad day when Hakuho retires, but Sumo is on the decline anyway. There's no need for it to turn into the WWF.

Certainly, I'm no expert, but perhaps it is time for some reforms to sumo. Changing how the stables are run might be a good place to start.

Reactions: impish