Guest viewing is limited

About The Game: What Is It That I'm Missing ?

It's good to have clear boundaries.
But why is the game only as a foreplay ? If the Game is checking for affinity , you can play it even with someone you already know, isn't it ?

There is a whole segment of game sites that focus on using game techniques to maintain attraction with your girlfriend/wife. Marriage is not a place to just give up on being great. A man dropping all the personality and behavior traits that attracted the woman initially, and becoming a needy, passive individual, is pretty much the equivalent to a woman blowing up in weight after the nuptials. You do change some of the techniques used and how they are applied and at what frequency depending on where you are in the process and the needs/desires of the partner you are engaged with.

Well, game is usually about someone you don't know but would like to get to know, or sleep with.

This was cleared up a bit a few posts down, but game for men in a particular stage of life is focused on this. Game for those in different stages or relationship statuses would be well advised to utilize game principles to maintain what they earned.

game is nothing more than a tool which can be used for different goals.

Yes. It is a tool that can help a good man be more successful in gaining the attention he wants. It can help a 'bad' man get the goals he wants. Game is mostly just neutral. It is pretty much learned charisma and applying behaviors that are observed to have success instead of performing behaviors that you believe (or have been told by your mother) should have success.

You're talking about the motivation, but like Sinapse said, it's no different than your love for a sport and trying to explain why you love said sport. Everyone has different motivations for why they get involved. In a lot of ways, you're asking "What is love," a question we've struggled to answer since the dawn of humanity. Here's a few different possibilities, but realize that they all vary from guy to guy:

Pride
When I engage with a girl, it's difficult. Following her for 5 minutes, trying to get her to participate in the conversation, working around her schedule to get to our first date, dealing with 10 flakes all while trying to maintain attraction over Line, addressing her concerns on the actual date, getting her all the way to my front door, only to have her vehemently refuse to come in, rinsing and repeating 5 or 10 times, building comfort when we're in bed together, then finally consummating the act. To some guys, the hunt, the challenge is the reward with the sex just being the trophy.

Emotional Connection
Then you have other guys who enjoy the courtship process. Personally, I fall in this category, as to me sex is just an expression of my feelings towards a girl. I like going on dates with girls and talking for several hours, learning about her and what string of events brought her to sitting at the table with me. Like as an example, when I was in the 11th grade, a good friend of mine showed me an episode of Love Hina, which got me interested in anime, and led me to major in Japanese in college. While in college, I watched Great Teacher Onizuka, and wanted to some day become a teacher in Japan. At the time though, it was just a dream, something I wanted to try one day but didn't have any serious motivations behind it. When I graduated college, I had trouble finding a job because my Japanese wasn't good enough. From there I decided to move to Japan, and being an ALT was the easiest way to get there. I had trouble ALT'ing at a very high level school in Roppongi, which introduced me to a guy that introduced me to my current school, who in turn made me into a high school homeroom teacher, realizing my dream of teaching high school in Japan. Just think, if my friend in the 11th grade had never showed me Love Hina, I never would have moved here and all the connections I've made here, the experiences I've had would not have happened! One seemingly meaningless incident set me on a path that redefined 15 years of my life. When I meet girls on dates, I want to find out those seemingly meaningless events that shaped their life.

True Love
This is a bit of a statistical approach to dating, but think about this. We are literally looking for our one in a million partner. Meaning a partner with the highest compatibility rating. If you consider there are 7 billion in the world, 3.5 billion women, that means you're looking for around 3500 perfect candidates that fit a 100% compatibility rating, then reduce that number even for available girls, in your age range, physically attractive girls, etc, you end up with a size of maybe a couple hundred girls on the face of the earth that have that high of a compatibility! What are the chances that your perfect woman is in your social circle? Higher than average, since you have like-minded people in your social circle, maybe similar hobbies, etc, but the chance is still remote as hell. So from a calculated point of view, you need to increase the size of your sample size to increase your chances of finding the perfect girl for you to spend the rest of your life with. Pick up is a way to accomplish this, by limiting yourself to the woman that are walking around the streets, chancing the bar or club you're going to, etc. Now, of course you don't need your perfectly 100% compatible girl, 90% is good enough, hell, 80% is good enough. However, people who limit their search to their social circle tend to run the risk of only seeing people who are like 50% compatible and end up in unhappy relationships. I'm not satisfied with that, I want the absolutely best I can get, not to mention I'd rather pick my future wife than have my social circle decide it for me.

Thing about these types of guys though, none of them are about the sex. Sex is just a kind of mile marker, so to speak. The journey getting to the sex is what's most important to most guys living in abundance (And of course, the sex is physically pleasing too!)

The thing is, books like "The Game," boot camps, youtube videos, etc all focus on the gamer, not the girl. We don't need help learning how to love women, we already do for a multitude of reasons! The guys on the path to game are learning HOW to get women they love. The easiest ways to do that are to focus on improving ourselves, and learning the basic process from start to finish. Moreover, talking about the why is not what sells. Telling men that if you follow these steps, you'll get better at attracting women is what sells. WHY you want to attract women is entirely up to you!

I think for a woman, the good thing about the Game is that it makes her think about her own motivations when it comes to sex/relationships/romance.

I think for a woman, the good thing about the Game is that it makes her think about her own motivations when it comes to sex/relationships/romance.

Ultimately, I think for both men and women, it's about learning how to get out of our own way and accept the real reasons we're in the game of seduction. Women have a lot of societal pressures when it comes to sex compared to men, and many of the women I've been with all had it in common. Sex is demonized in most of the western world, purity is the prize, and a girl who's been around the block more than a few times is deemed less valuable. That's a hard reality for a number of women to accept, when every guy she sleeps with will judge her if she says she's slept with over a hundred guys. Compare that to men, I get praise when I've slept with that many women. I mean there's a reason in the game that it's referred to the "anti-slut defense." Lots of girls want sex, but they don't want to come off as being "easy" or "slutty" so they put on a facade. "I had sex with him" vs "it just happened." The former is a conscious decision on her part that she has to explain to her friends, and the latter is something that lets her keep her "I'm not a slut" pride. At least, that's the general premise behind it all, from a guy's point of view.

One of my biggest goals when I'm with a woman is to show her that I don't care about any of that crap, and she should feel free to be open and honest about what she wants. It's another reason I think this whole positive affirmation based consent that seems to be popular in America is retarded as hell. Ask most of these guys, and I'm a serial rapist apparently, since I've never asked for consent.

Ultimately, I think for both men and women, it's about learning how to get out of our own way and accept the real reasons we're in the game of seduction. Women have a lot of societal pressures when it comes to sex compared to men, and many of the women I've been with all had it in common. Sex is demonized in most of the western world, purity is the prize, and a girl who's been around the block more than a few times is deemed less valuable. That's a hard reality for a number of women to accept, when every guy she sleeps with will judge her if she says she's slept with over a hundred guys. Compare that to men, I get praise when I've slept with that many women. I mean there's a reason in the game that it's referred to the "anti-slut defense." Lots of girls want sex, but they don't want to come off as being "easy" or "slutty" so they put on a facade. "I had sex with him" vs "it just happened." The former is a conscious decision on her part that she has to explain to her friends, and the latter is something that lets her keep her "I'm not a slut" pride. At least, that's the general premise behind it all, from a guy's point of view.

One of my biggest goals when I'm with a woman is to show her that I don't care about any of that crap, and she should feel free to be open and honest about what she wants. It's another reason I think this whole positive affirmation based consent that seems to be popular in America is retarded as hell. Ask most of these guys, and I'm a serial rapist apparently, since I've never asked for consent.
I also think that people take the "consent" thing a bit too far recently.
Sure, don't have sex with someone who is so drunk they are basically passed out or can't speak clearly, but if the chemistry if there its only distracting to ask approval for everything.

I this the solution is that women should sexually liberate themselves, and society should move up their judgemental asses and give women room to liberate.
If a woman can admit to herself if she wants sex or not and can verbally or non verbally communicate this it solves both the problem of the overly careful consent asking guys, and the pua (a fraction of pua, not all of them) that are extremely pushy and pressure shy girls into sex while they actually don't feel like it.

It took me a long time and it's an ongoing struggle but by accepting my wants and needs and setting myself free and liberating i have come to love myself and my body more, and instead of becomming a "slut" who lays on her back for everyone i don't give in to pushy guys if i don't want sex with them, i value myself and take better emotional and physical care of myself and i can enjoy sex without being ashamed.

Reactions: Sinapse and static
I also think that people take the "consent" thing a bit too far recently.
Sure, don't have sex with someone who is so drunk they are basically passed out or can't speak clearly, but if the chemistry if there its only distracting to ask approval for everything.

I this the solution is that women should sexually liberate themselves, and society should move up their judgemental asses and give women room to liberate.
If a woman can admit to herself if she wants sex or not and can verbally or non verbally communicate this it solves both the problem of the overly careful consent asking guys, and the pua (a fraction of pua, not all of them) that are extremely pushy and pressure shy girls into sex while they actually don't feel like it.

It took me a long time and it's an ongoing struggle but by accepting my wants and needs and setting myself free and liberating i have come to love myself and my body more, and instead of becomming a "slut" who lays on her back for everyone i don't give in to pushy guys if i don't want sex with them, i value myself and take better emotional and physical care of myself and i can enjoy sex without being ashamed.

You're an amazingly awesome woman, I really wish more thought this way because it would be a much more honest and straight forward world. My dream world is one where men and women equally approach each other to increase our chance of actually meeting our ideal partners without any feelings of pressure from anyone else.

I mean, I can understand where the slut shaming culture came from, especially before the advent of very effective methods of birth control and STD protection, though a lot of it still comes out when you've got abortion rates at ridiculous heights (not that I disagree with abortion, but the fact that they're having abortions kinda shows that they aren't practicing safe sex =P).. When everyone starts having sex responsibly and we can prove that there's no consequences to promiscuity, I have a feeling the stereotype will fade away all by itself.

I fear for my children in the future, but oh well, I'm getting married, so happily I don't have to deal with dating back in the states. I hope it's gone in the next 20-25 years....*pray*

Well, thank you...
I just lost the game....once more
YOU SON OF A BITCH!!! I went 6 months without hearing about this thing!!! Take my damn like and I hope you choke on it!!! LOL