Guest viewing is limited

Osaka Area Adventure Continues To Tobita Shinchi - Osaka

Anyway, I don't know if this is helpful or not, but it's here for those who want or need it.
We've learned that any information, big or small, is helpful to someone out there. It also helps to expose people to new options that they may not known have existed before.

Thanks for sharing!

Gojô Rakuen (or Shichijô-Shinchi) in Kyoto has been out of business after a raid by the local police in 2010 because they violated the anti-prostitution law (suprise surprise, and because of it's connections to the local yakuza organization, the Aizu-Kotetsu-Kai). Some of the teahouses are already torn down, but a few remain.

Reactions: SugoiBoy and bbuy
I was in Osaka in June and based on this thread decided that I needed to at least wander through the area for the experience. I went at around 7 PM local time, just before sunset. There were a number of people walking around, and it looked like just about every "restaurant" was open for business.

The map up a couple of posts was very helpful, and I can absolutely confirm that the northern end of the area has the youngest looking girls.

I speak virtually no Japanese (greetings and thank yous is about it) and am clearly foreign, but I was getting nods and waves from at least 75% of the places I walked by.

Was not planning to partake, but there was this long haired young beauty in a soccer outfit waving at me with a big smile and I was hooked. Mama-san gave me a long up and down look, but apparently the girl's enthusiasm convinced her and I was in. A very enjoyable 20 minutes later I was on my way.

This particular establishment appears to have 4 rooms upstairs and they rotate the window girl while the others are busy because when I came back down a different girl was sitting on display.

I would highly recommend at least walking through the area just for the experience, it's like nothing else left in the world today.

I would highly recommend at least walking through the area just for the experience, it's like nothing else left in the world today.

Went there recently to teach to a friend couple who just arrived in Osaka how it's interesting. They were expecting like "Amsterdam" and enjoyed a lot the atmosphere. As my friend was with his wife, girls were not really smiling or sometimes hiding their face, but globally, Tobita is really a gread place with its own charm and "evil" temptation!

Yeah, the old and trusted "I'm not gonna partake, just take a look". I guess we're all been there and done that. Works every time, less than 30 minutes later you are on it like a Duracell Bunny. :p