Allergy symptoms early this year?

TokyoJoeblow

TAG Member
Reaction score
Ok, so it is only February and my eyes and throat are super itchy off and on. I have also been getting a runny nose.

Is there anyone else on here that suffer from allergy symptoms this early in the year?

If I'm already getting symptoms now...I might die mid spring lol.

I want to get the laser procedure for the insides of my nasal membranes do stop the runny nose, but there are no procedures to prevent the itchy eyes or throat I assume...damn this sucks.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
You're not imagining it, TJB - we're starting to get complaints from the more sensitive people in the office, and the waitress from my usual lunch spot was so puffy-faced that everyone was asking her if she'd been crying

It has started. My advice: Find a Jibika with a long line of people. These are the doctors who have the good meds and will give you what you need without any BS. It should cost you about 5k per month assuming you are on the national health plan. I alwayts ask for the stuff that doesn't make you sleepy. Then you can also kick it up a notch by spiking whatever doc gives you with some Alegra - which can now be bought over the counter. The masks and glasses help, but first line of defence is the Jibika. Or you can suffer.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
Get the shot, it lasts about a month. I suffered for many years and tried so various medicines, prescription and OTC. Nothing worked particuarly well. The injection worked great for me

Get the shot, it lasts about a month. I suffered for many years and tried so various medicines, prescription and OTC. Nothing worked particuarly well. The injection worked great for me

Since my allergies are so bad I might need more than one shot if each one lasts about a month.

Would it be safe to get 3 injections for each month - March, April and May or would that be overdoing it?

I will ask a doctor about this option, but just wondered if you or anyone on here has had more than one injection in spring.

Reactions: ur19877
Since my allergies are so bad I might need more than one shot if each one lasts about a month.

Would it be safe to get 3 injections for each month - March, April and May or would that be overdoing it?

I will ask a doctor about this option, but just wondered if you or anyone on here has had more than one injection in spring.
Ive had 2 in one season.
No idea if there is a limit

Ok, so it is only February and my eyes and throat are super itchy off and on. I have also been getting a runny nose.

Is there anyone else on here that suffer from allergy symptoms this early in the year?

If I'm already getting symptoms now...I might die mid spring lol.

I want to get the laser procedure for the insides of my nasal membranes do stop the runny nose, but there are no procedures to prevent the itchy eyes or throat I assume...damn this sucks.

It's that roommate again!!!

She's now infecting you through DFK while you are sleeping!

images

Edit:

You might want to read some tips here about how to make your home less allergy toxic. It's a lot to do, but, hey, not as drastic as an operation.

http://www.allergyconsumerreview.com/do-air-purifiers-really-work.html#sthash.bFx0ecwW.dpbs

Last edited:
Yea I dont know about this lazer in the schnoz procedure. I dont hear that much about it. It either doesnt work very well, it hurt like hell, or there must be long term complications. Mucus membranes get inflamed for a reason. My plan is to use the meds for the next five or so years or until the Buta cashes in his chips and then start spending March through June in Bali, Okinawa or Hawaii. Thats a Buta Boss plan bichez.

I thought about living and working online from Southeast Asia while it is springtime here in Japan.

That would be later on down the road maybe... depends on if the shots help me a lot.

Ive had 2 in one season.
No idea if there is a limit

Did you go into the clinic early before spring even started/your symptoms even started up or did you go because your symptoms were driving you crazy?

I read somewhere that if you wait too long and your symptoms are already starting up, the shot is less effective?

Forgot where I read this, but it sounds incorrect lol.

By the way, are there any side effects to this shot?

Did you go into the clinic early before spring even started/your symptoms even started up or did you go because your symptoms were driving you crazy?

I read somewhere that if you wait too long and your symptoms are already starting up, the shot is less effective?

Forgot where I read this, but it sounds incorrect lol.

By the way, are there any side effects to this shot?

yeah I think ideally you have to get the shot before you are into hay fever season. Thats the same with a lot of the medicines too.
I didn't have any side effects. Im sure same with any shot, there are potential side effects but unlikely

yeah I think ideally you have to get the shot before you are into hay fever season. Thats the same with a lot of the medicines too.
I didn't have any side effects. Im sure same with any shot, there are potential side effects but unlikely

Looks to me like you have the most serious side effect...

The uncontrollable urge to perform splits.:smuggrin:

5350.jpg

I thought about living and working online from Southeast Asia while it is springtime here in Japan.

That would be later on down the road maybe... depends on if the shots help me a lot.

Move to Hokkaido or Okinawa. Neither have problems with pollen. No rainy season in Hokkaido either!

I'm allergic to Sugi and Hinoki, which are during different times but is there a type of injection that would help against both these or would I need to have two individual injections?

I will see the doctor next week about getting this done.

Ok, so my eyes are itching like crazy today. I know spring is coming, but had hay fever started already?

I keep reading that it doesn't really start until March...but some sites say mid February?

The air purifier I have helps but I'm definitely going to need the injection early next week.

As for receiving the injection...does it actually help relieve symptoms such as itchy eyes, itchy throat?

I hope you are not implying there is an off season for that?
In summer I prefer basking under a ceiling fan...

Here is an article I came across:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2...-approaches-combating-hay-fever/#.Wohl16CRXqB

"In 2018, sublingual immunotherapy is expected to be produced in a tablet form, which will be easier for allergy sufferers to take. However, Okubo says that patients will be required to get a new prescription every two weeks from a doctor because it’s a new drug."

I'm looking forward to trying this out. I will ask my doctor if this is already available to be prescribed and if not, when it might be.

I will also order one of those spiffy looking high-quality face masks that block PM2.5 particles along with a pair of goggles.

No doubt corticosteroids work very well to alleviate symptoms, but for me, they dried things out too much. So these days I just accept the symptoms and take an antihistamine (which doesn't help much).

has anyone found nasal irrigation things (like Netti-pot) to help much? I'm guessing it's really just for short term relief to complement meds.
When I was in Japan, i bought this to use for this year's allergy season...but didn't end up using it. (instead of having much pollen, we had a few 40+deg heatwaves instead.)

16906796_1848591462023587_5081914929372463104_n.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that antihistamines hardly help. I have had my air purifier running nonstop for about 16 hours and I'm still sneezing.

Composing music, but mostly showering my piano with endless sneezes... I'm literally wiping the keys dry every few minutes lol.

Reactions: jhingy567