Guest viewing is limited

An exceptionally bad sugaring experience

Ahhh Vancouver... one of my favorite cities in the world to visit. .. hmmm.... Sugar daddies getting shot by teens... maybe i should avoid that city for now hahaha

Ahhh Vancouver... one of my favorite cities in the world to visit. .. hmmm.... Sugar daddies getting shot by teens... maybe i should avoid that city for now hahaha

Vancouver, Washington - not Vancouver, British Columbia.

Vancouver, Washington - not Vancouver, British Columbia.
So this is in the US? I wonder if they’re gonna go after SA because of this. Definitely no good publicity and SA could get rolled up sooner or later with the new laws.

Reactions: Wwanderer
People have been expecting/predicting legal trouble for SA for years, pretty much since it started but especially once it became very high profile with lots of scandalous/sensationalistic/expose’-type articles and TV reports (now quite a few years ago). But so far nothing, not clear why. One speculation is that too many DAs and judges are SDs!

-Ww

People have been expecting/predicting legal trouble for SA for years, pretty much since it started but especially once it became very high profile with lots of scandalous/sensationalistic/expose’-type articles and TV reports (now quite a few years ago). But so far nothing, not clear why. One speculation is that too many DAs and judges are SDs!

-Ww
But too many of those guys are mongers as well so that doesn’t really fly, lol.

I feel like most of the sensational articles are written by SA themselves as a publicity stunt.

Girl, 15

:eek:

Did she grow up on Cheerios supplemented with steroids?

Why do teenagers think eyebrows are supposed to fade in the middle?

Last edited:
Girl, 15
Weirdest Canadian thing I’ve heard after Caledon Local 21

This happened in Vancouver City, Washington USA not in Vancouver Canada.

The 15 year old threw me for a loop as well when I saw her picture she easily looks in her early 20s

But too many of those guys are mongers as well so that doesn’t really fly, lol.

An important difference *might* be that law enforcement can take down some agencies, some independents, some brothels, some streetwalkers etc without depriving any mongers (including themselves) from access to p4p because each agency, Indie, brothel operates on its own, soother are always others left (unless it is an incredibly serious and effective crack down). However, taking SA down, that one company and website, would make SBs far less available in just that one action.

Also SA could afford to mount a serious legal defense (i.e., hire top level attorneys), unlike the individual SWs and small businesses that the authorities normally target.

Anyway, I guess we will see.

-Ww

An important difference *might* be that law enforcement can take down some agencies, some independents, some brothels, some streetwalkers etc without depriving any mongers (including themselves) from access to p4p because each agency, Indie, brothel operates on its own, soother are always others left (unless it is an incredibly serious and effective crack down). However, taking SA down, that one company and website, would make SBs far less available in just that one action.

Also SA could afford to mount a serious legal defense (i.e., hire top level attorneys), unlike the individual SWs and small businesses that the authorities normally target.

Anyway, I guess we will see.

-Ww
How about the SESTA thing then? That pretty much eliminates online presence for many p4p services.

How about the SESTA thing then? That pretty much eliminates online presence for many p4p services.

It could happen *if* LE (law enforcement) decides to go after SA and *if* SA fails to mount a successful legal defense, but in my (non-expert) opinion it would not be a simple prosecution with a certain outcome. I guess we will find out.

My basic point is that if sugaring is considered prostitution (legally), then there have been lots of laws on the books in the US that could have shut down SA since it began operations (roughly a dozen years ago I think), but it hasn't happened despite many predictions that it would. I haven't even heard of attempts to do it. And if sugaring isn't considered to be prostitution legally, then the new laws don't affect it. Afaik (maybe not very far), the only implication of the new laws for SA is that it would allow LE to go after the internet service provider companies that host it etc instead of going after SA itself directly.

-Ww

Last edited:

There was a panic, which affected me tbh, but it's been dying down. I agree with Wwanderer's observation. Besides, no matter what the reality would be, SA is still understood as a dating site, and a (probably small but certain) number of users seriously take SA more or less the same as OK Cupid.
https://nypost.com/2018/05/15/i-tried-a-sugar-baby-dating-site-and-you-wouldnt-believe-my-stories/

SA is still understood as a dating site, and a (probably small but certain) number of users seriously take SA more or less the same as OK Cupid.

In my experience (11+ years on the site), a large fraction (a majority) of the SBs on SA are doing something quite distinguishable from conventional prostitution in that they will not have sex with many/most of the guys who are willing to meet their financial goals/requirements. They instead will only be intimate with a smallish number of SDs (often no more than one) who also meet other criteria that are set by and important to the individual SBs. For the most part it really looks nothing at all like sex trafficking, which is one of its attractions of course.

-Ww