An Orgy Of Likes...

Way too much time.....

I originally signed up as a long time lurker who could no longer view certain areas of the site. I guess the rules changed at some point last fall for some reason.

Well, the tactic worked... didn't it?
Well, actually, we found that our reviews were getting hijacked via automated tools and we changed things to combat some of the problems we were having.
But, the goal was to get people to join and actually interact together instead of just sitting on the sidelines all the time.
Admittedly, it did impact our ladies a little, but we've since resolved those issues and I think we've found a happy medium for everyone.
We want people to participate and share, that's what keeps things lively and if your like count is skyrocketing, then you're doing something right. ;)

The lurkers.
They're out there.
Must catch them all.

:cool:

I was not much concerned with "likes", until recently, when I noticed that I was getting more likes than before.. Then I realized that there was that "someone" who seems to like all my posts.. And that made me, well, sillingly proud.. until a bit of research showed that that "someone" was basically liking almost everyone else's posts as well..

I am sure this person will recognize his/herself, and I would like to genuinely thank him/her, because it is nice to be nice with others, and because I like people who see positive whenever they can, rather than the opposite.

I "like" TAG because 99 % of the community is friendly with each other, which is quite unusual in this kind of forum.
I am not a politician, but I am happy to scream: "I love you all!"

I "like" TAG because 99 % of the community is friendly with each other, which is quite unusual in this kind of forum.
I am not a politician, but I am happy to scream: "I love you all!"

As a result of past negativity on the part of the 1%, I believe quite a few members responded with posts designed to bring out the best in all of us, also leading to an increase in "likes" -something akin to positive reinforcement. I have made a humble attempt to follow their lead.

In an effort to pass a bit more time without doing any productive work this afternoon, I checked out the likes-to-posts ratios for those with the most total likes from this list:

http://www.tokyoadultguide.com/members/?type=likes

@MissInsomnia has an impressive lead with a ratio of 3.78 likes per posts...and thus clearly makes TAG's most widely appreciated posts (to date). Congrats!

@Manami TMK is not too far back in second place with a ration of 3.44. Also congrats!

The rest of us are somewhere below 3.00, many of us far below. I am well below 2.00 for example.

-Ww
Ww, it can also mean that a person is saying whatever people want to hear, sticking only to the more common and popular opinions, and avoiding comments which are controversial or could be perceived as negative.

What is the reward for being the "most liked"?

Ww, it can also mean that a person is saying whatever people want to hear, sticking only to the more common and popular opinions, and avoiding comments which are controversial or could be perceived as negative.

I always love your "can" arguments/claims ("it can happen", "it can mean" etc). But you are right it could be that a person gets a lot of likes because they intentionally say things that they know will be popular and avoid saying unpopular things simply to have a lot of likes. However, don't you agree that it also could be that they post honestly and sincerely and that a lot of people agree with them and *like* what they have to say? Surely that can happen also. To me, the latter seems more probable, but it doesn't matter what I think; the person receiving a like for a particular post (or for all of their posts etc) knows themselves whether they were just trying to collect likes or were expressing themselves honestly. If it is the former case, the likes should mean little or nothing to them.

What is the reward for being the "most liked"?

Well, you once suggested that @User#16452 offered discounts on the basis of likes, causing her fits of hysterical laughter.

But the only significant actual reward is to feel appreciated, popular and...uh...well...liked! Are you familiar with the way knowing that those around you hold you in high regard is a satisfying and happy feeling? If not, I don't think I can explain the "reward" to you.

-Ww

This is my 3000th TAG post, and I am the first person to have that many, although @TAG Manager is very close behind.

I am putting the post in this thread because it hardly seems worth starting a new thread for the purpose, and this one at least concerns TAG posting stats and other such arcana.

I couldn't think of anything of appropriate significance to give this post some non-recursive content though.

Maybe it would be a good place to finally confess that I am actually a sock account operated jointly by @John Chavers and @TokyoJoeblow !

:D

-Ww

@TokyoJoeblow makes more terrible life choices in a week than I have in my entire life. Why I would team up with him for anything is beyond me.

Now @johnnyboy84? Sure, that could be possible. ;)

Reactions: roots reggae
A milestone of sorts.

-Ww

IMG_4380_UP.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to bet a huge amount of those likes are from Alice as she covers over 31% of all my likes received.
I'm sometimes a bit worried about her, she must plow a good solid 10 hours a week just hitting like buttons.

I'm selling my Likes if some people are interested to improve their ranking .
Fresh and high quality Likes. Fast delivery. Bulk discount possible . :D

I'm going to bet a huge amount of those likes are from Alice as she covers over 31% of all my likes received.
I'm sometimes a bit worried about her, she must plow a good solid 10 hours a week just hitting like buttons.
What can i say, smartphone addict here!
And especially addicted to TAG because its a forum dedicated to two of my favorite things: Tokyo and sex! :D

@User#8628 is responsible for 1550 of my now 10,011 likes, but I have liked her even more often, 1745 times at the moment.

She is the second most liked TAGer currently and definitely gaining on me rapidly. Unless something changes, she will surely pass my total likes before long. :eek::D

-Ww