TAG Member
Reaction score
MFW

Go to classy exclusive major western fashion chain

Go to menswear section

Look for clothing my size :(

Local man enthusiastically tries on coat like he's in a Kanje West video

...As I walk past, not earlier or later

Brushes me with coat as it flails in the air while he does so, arms extended like a rap video

Later am browsing catch his eye

He is holding bag, has purchased something

Walks toward me with children and lemur in tow, smiling like a kid who just got a fucking Xmas present

I can't help but chuckly at this display as I am looking down typing message to friend on phone

Later leave the store

Just as leave the store hear giant laugh behind me

Man with mentality of a 10 year old was waiting for me to leave

Keeps laughing hysterically IN FRONT OF HIS WHOLE FAMILY as he walks by waving shopping bag around like an idiot

He has Won with a capital W (in his mind)

Another day not in Tokyo with posturing fit only for the animal kingdom

Discuss.

meh... materialistic people that burn cash on stupidly priced pieces of clothing or accessories... pure fail. I think it's good to own some nice suits for business and probably some nice casual clothes, but everything doesn't need to be the latest fashion with the highest price tag. I have other hobbies that I sink plenty of cash into... :p

I filtered past some dude in a Ferrari who rear-ended some family mini-van (on the Tomei) last night. All that cash and can't learn how not to follow so close (or the brakes are shit for such an expensive car?)

I filtered past some dude in a Ferrari who rear-ended some family mini-van (on the Tomei) last night. All that cash and can't learn how not to follow so close (or the brakes are shit for such an expensive car?)

One company I used to work for had this flashy executive, was showing off his brand new BMW, and on a wet day the first week he had it he spun out leaving the parking lot, jumped the curb and did some property damage, not to mention what it did to his car. We found that pretty amusing.

One company I used to work for had this flashy executive, was showing off his brand new BMW, and on a wet day the first week he had it he spun out leaving the parking lot, jumped the curb and did some property damage, not to mention what it did to his car. We found that pretty amusing.

'Flashy car' drivers are the worst both in skill and attitude. (while wearing flashy clothes! lol)

Reactions: just4fun
>I think it's good to own some nice suits for business a
Well, if I was some kind of a serious business guy wearing a suit all the time I would not get myself something pricey. Doesn't matter how much money you have, the best ones will get worn out as fast as the usual ones(we aren't talking about dirt cheap category) so for a businessman they'll all go to trash soon. Having a lot of cheap ones - now that's a wise decision.

An empty shell's inner ego is healed and uplifted when she/he has new Easter colors that makes her/him believe they are now special again. (salesman: "next...")

Last edited:
>I think it's good to own some nice suits for business a
Well, if I was some kind of a serious business guy wearing a suit all the time I would not get myself something pricey. Doesn't matter how much money you have, the best ones will get worn out as fast as the usual ones(we aren't talking about dirt cheap category) so for a businessman they'll all go to trash soon. Having a lot of cheap ones - now that's a wise decision.

Yeah, the majority of my suits are about 20-30,000 yen each and I have two that are twice that. I seem to go through shirts quickly...
Other accessories like watch, wallet, belt, cuff-links and business card carrier...are a bit pricey.
I can't walk into a business lunch or meeting with a 2,000 wallet from Donki... people don't take you seriously, lol.
Shoes -- I go for comfort over appearance, considering how much walking I do on a daily basis.

the best ones will get worn out as fast as the usual ones

Patently untrue. A good suit made from high quality wools will last years longer than a medium quality one. If you want to test before you buy, take the sleeve of the jacket and twist it up like a dishrag. When you untwist it, if it's heavily wrinkled and creased the material is of a lower quality and will both wrinkle easily and wear out quickly. If it's lightly creased (or not creased at all) then it's a better material that will give you substantially better wear, and will resist wrinkling.

Moving to Japan next week, so I got myself a few 100$ suits by Absolutex. 30% wool, 50% viscose, 20% silk - everything a true gentleman should need. Well, hope it won't die on me in a few weeks.

Moving to Japan next week, so I got myself a few 100$ suits by Absolutex. 30% wool, 50% viscose, 20% silk - everything a true gentleman should need. Well, hope it won't die on me in a few weeks.

Hope you don't want to wear it daily ;) Depending on what you work, even if you won't notice it, people around you notice that you are wearing cheap stuff and Japanese rather pay attention to that. Not just the ladies.

A smart guy chooses a suit where you can easily replace the trousers or you will likely end up with a wardrobe full of barely worn jackets ;) I particularly like it, if they tell you in the store "yeah, but you can always wear it with a jeans too!"

1) Don't shop for men's clothes in suburban department stores. Period.

But if you're already there...

2) Pick up his wife and/or daughter while he goes to pull the Daihatsu bread box around front.

Know thyself. Play to your strengths.

PS- You gotta go to Isetan Men's in Shinjuku if you wanna drop some serious coin for a fashionable jacket that fits at 250% markup over stateside.