Guest viewing is limited

Any day traders (US stocks) here in Japan?

shammykun

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Not sure if this goes here but let's try. Once Covid hit, I left the Tokyo workforce and became a US stock trader. Swing trading but stock trading nonetheless.

Would be keen to connect with others who are doing the night trading thing here. I am on a few really good stock discords and am willing to help and share info.

Thanks in advance!

I invest for a living. Long term. Not short term. Mostly ASX, US markets as well as real estate in multiple countries.. Feel free to PM me.

I invest for a living. Long term. Not short term. Mostly ASX, US markets as well as real estate in multiple countries.. Feel free to PM me.

Thank you for the reply. I am not a long term investor, even though I banked on NVDA and APPL recently. As well as AMZN but that was a fluke lotto play.

I am mainly in mid to small cap stocks. Did you rake in cash on NEGG last night? Oh my, when it rains it pours. On another note to balance the force, my swing plays took me down yesterday, maybe in the $50Ks range. I am looking for someone or some group that puts up their own hard earned cash to trade. Esp. if you did the Softbank Son-san Tesla calls last years and made serious BANK!

Smallcaps can certainly pay off if one does the work. On my part I like to look at what insiders are doing, then drill down further. It's pretty basic ...none of it is rocket science.

I'm not into short term momentum plays or stuff like that. Once in awhile I dabble in options. No crypto or futures or anything spec.

Investing is a full time job for me these days. If I had better IT skills I'd automate most of my work but that's another story.

Always happy to socialize with traders who have serious skin & time in the game. When I was in LA I'd hangout with like-minded people. But in Japan and Australia it's hard to find people who do what I do full time. I planned to set up a meetup in Kansai but Covid got in the way. Attended a few meetups in Tokyo. Always happy to socialize. But no I'm not into joint ventures or highly spec stuff (just saying).

Successful investing can be hard work. I've been doing this most of my adult life. It's not for everyone, most folks crash & burn after a few months. Some last a few years. It's always nice to share a few drinks and share war stories. My own stories are about my more interesting failures, not my successes.

All that said I run a mile when folks ask for money or stock tips - been there, not worth the angst.

I echo the OP. Serious investors can benefit by meeting So let's hook up for drinks (without ulterior motives).

When people say that they are investing full time and long term, I assume they have already reached or close to reaching financial independence. Otherwise, it can be difficult to consistently generate enough income to cover expenses imo. I am glad to hear that there are some investors/daytrades in Japan. As for me, I’ve lived in Japan over a decade ago (only for a year) and are now in New York. Been full time daytrading/ investing for the past couple of years now and are thinking of moving to Osaka to reduce my expense pretty soon. Not sure how the time zone will work out tho and Im still looking to see if I can save by moving to Japan.

Interesting conversation, It reminded me of the happening bar times when after playing, at the end of the night there were conversations like this. I have found that many Japanese play on the US stock.

It reminded me of the happening bar times when after playing, at the end of the night there were conversations like this. I have found that many Japanese play on the US stock.
d
Another damn good reason to visit Bliss Out.

Reactions: Joe2017
I'm not into short term momentum plays or stuff like that. Once in awhile I dabble in options. No crypto or futures or anything spec.

I am mainly a swing trader but will hop on the occasional fomo train to make a monthly or yearly salary in a few flips.$Carv $Mtsl $Sqbg and others last week. Sang was called earlier this March and last week. So no excuse to miss it. $TPST was a merger and or rocketed to what amount?

i am not charging anything. I want to find other real traders here in Tokyo. If not, I will keep making money

I stay way from options too like the plague. I was looking for similar minded traders who wanted to collaborate and share ideas on how to make some money. If this is not the right place sorry.

I am mainly a swing trader but will hop on the occasional fomo train to make a monthly or yearly salary in a few flips.$Carv $Mtsl $Sqbg and others last week. Sang was called earlier this March and last week. So no excuse to miss it. $TPST was a merger and or rocketed to what amount?

i am not charging anything. I want to find other real traders here in Tokyo. If not, I will keep making money

I stay way from options too like the plague. I was looking for similar minded traders who wanted to collaborate and share ideas on how to make some money. If this is not the right place sorry.
If you like swinging this is the right website just like Bliss Out. :D As long as you don't ask us for money, bank accounts or those things that the tireless scammers ask for.

The big worry about people offering "help" is they rarely disclose their own positions in a transparent manner. I'm sure the OP is different but time & time again I've seen folks promote/pump stocks for personal gain ....be wary of people who tell us to buy XYZ when they bought it for a fraction of it's current price and are trying to sell it. You'd get better advice at BO.

Anyone going to mention GME? No? I’ll see myself out

It's a meme stock. A few people got rich. Most didn't. Michael Burry recommended it over a year ago, well before all the fuss. That was the time to buy, not when the sheeple started piling in.

It's a meme stock. A few people got rich. Most didn't. Michael Burry recommended it over a year ago, well before all the fuss. That was the time to buy, not when the sheeple started piling in.
I shorted it twice. First time for a nice gain, second time (position still on) not so much , but I am patient. No way this company can be sustainably worth more than $10bn. Makes zero sense

I shorted it twice. First time for a nice gain, second time (position still on) not so much , but I am patient. No way this company can be sustainably worth more than $10bn. Makes zero sense

Wise move Frenchie. Mike Burry is a workaholic and is no fool, he sold out after a year or so after getting in. The stock kept rising insanely & I guess that was surely the top.

There are bulls and bears, but the pigs always get slaughtered.

One of my friends in Australia - a really nice, decent guy - just blew his life savings and inheritance on meme stocks. Mostly all gone & just $10k left. Now he is on the silver wagon & is on Twitter many times everyday trying to persuade the world of his wisdom. He is 40 years old & has a wife and 2 kids to support. He he insists this is a sure thing because someone on the internet told him so. . As Mark Twain once said ...it's easier to scam a man than to persuade him he is being scammed.

Last edited: