Anybody interested in Holland ?

rednose72

TAG Member
Reaction score
I lived in Tokyo for 6 years. Unfortunately I returned to my homecountry Holland in April. But I would love to move back to Japan. But in the meantime if anybody is interested in Holland or plans a visit over here let me know. We can hook up and have some fun in whatever form or shape.

flower1.jpg flower2.jpg beach3.jpg beach1.jpg

It's one of those places on my 'to-go' list.

I also have friends in neighboring countries so I thought it might be a fun trip to country hop by train or car depending what's more reasonable. A buddy from the UK tours all over europe on a motorcycle, that's something I want to do eventually as well.

Hi Chris, you are very welcome. Holland is pretty small and easy to reach by car, train or plane. I only wish there were more Japanese people living here. Apparently it is very easy to get a visa for Japanese. Due to the old ties between Japan and Oranda the Dutch government treats Japanse citizens as 'most favoured nation' on equal footing with Swiss citizens. And everybody speaks english here.

Hmmm, sounds like an ad from the Dutch Tourist Bureau :)

I adore Holland, and travel there semi-frequently for business. You're all so damn tall and, in business circles anyways, always so formally dressed!

I think what I like about Dutch culture is the quiet pride/confidence and the "sensible" nature of the law. The world is slowly catching up on weed and P4P (maybe) but so far ahead of its time. The canals in the 'Dam are lovely to stroll around, love the keizersgracht and "the 9 streets", architecture in Eindhoven and Rotterdam is fascinating.. Have not had a chance to head north and see the beaches in the summer yet, it looks lovely there too!

I have been to holland myself when I went to junior high-school. We were on a ship and going from island to island for around one week. That was the best time ever and I really enjoyed holland. Will definitely visit it someday again :)

Hi Chris, you are very welcome. Holland is pretty small and easy to reach by car, train or plane. I only wish there were more Japanese people living here. Apparently it is very easy to get a visa for Japanese. Due to the old ties between Japan and Oranda the Dutch government treats Japanse citizens as 'most favoured nation' on equal footing with Swiss citizens. And everybody speaks english here.

Hmmm, sounds like an ad from the Dutch Tourist Bureau :)
Japanese people don't need visa to go to Europe do they ?

I wish I went to Holland when I was living in France, I've only Amsterdam's airport on a travel to Japan but I had a positive impression on people there.

That aside the only thing I know about Holland is Eredivisie :LOL:

Reactions: Wwanderer
Japanese people don't need visa to go to Europe do they ?

I wish I went to Holland when I was living in France, I've only Amsterdam's airport on a travel to Japan but I had a positive impression on people there.

That aside the only thing I know about Holland is Eredivisie :LOL:

Japanese get a 3 month tourist visa on arrival. And it is very easy to get a working permit.
http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/expatcenter/latest-news/no-work-permits-required-for-japanese-nationals

Reactions: Wwanderer and Yuma
I adore Holland, and travel there semi-frequently for business. You're all so damn tall and, in business circles anyways, always so formally dressed!

I think what I like about Dutch culture is the quiet pride/confidence and the "sensible" nature of the law. The world is slowly catching up on weed and P4P (maybe) but so far ahead of its time. The canals in the 'Dam are lovely to stroll around, love the keizersgracht and "the 9 streets", architecture in Eindhoven and Rotterdam is fascinating.. Have not had a chance to head north and see the beaches in the summer yet, it looks lovely there too!

We always try to be 'normal', sometimes a bit too much !
Go to Bloemendaal beach in summer, very nice beach clubs and restaurants. Dutch beaches are totally different from elsewhere.

We always try to be 'normal', sometimes a bit too much !
Go to Bloemendaal beach in summer, very nice beach clubs and restaurants. Dutch beaches are totally different from elsewhere.

That is exactly it. I've strolled through all the canals in Amsterdam, taken a train through South Holland, walked around Eindhoven and Rotterdam, visited offices in Utrecht..
But I have never gotten a chance to go to Bloemendaal. I'm a huge fan of food, and while some people pick on the Dutch for their cuisine, I luckily do like pickled herring and broodje bal!
I've found very good ethnic food in the Netherlands too, likely due to Colonial roots.

I do have a trip planned for business in July next year so maybe I'll see if I can find some time to go. The sun doesn't set until like 10PM during the peak summer months.. it's amazing!

so yeah as I thought they don't need to ask for visa before going there.
I didn't know about the exemption of work permit though (but that's only for those who have residence there right ?)

It is other way around. Working visa is easy to get. And once you have working visa the residence visa is automatic.

Reactions: e-smile
After chatting up a female from Holland at Narita Airport, I am very i terested in going their.

That is bad news. We need more Japanese here.

I was so upset about knowing this :( Some of my JP friends who already moved there this year has to relocate to another countries in Europe like Germany as well...
But I'll definitely visit Holland next year for sure :)
I was almost there in Amsterdam in my current trip as I wanted to see the Christmas market though!

Funny to see this post:) I am actually from Holland and do live in Tokyo. Back for Christmas soon, time to explore the p4p places I used to visit again. Looking forward to it

Reactions: Yuma
I was so upset about knowing this :( Some of my JP friends who already moved there this year has to relocate to another countries in Europe like Germany as well...
But I'll definitely visit Holland next year for sure :)
I was almost there in Amsterdam in my current trip as I wanted to see the Christmas market though!
I bet there is not much money to earn in that part of Europe though.