Anyone live in Hamamatsu City?

god, you’re dense. Let’s see how the ignore function works here, buh bye.

I'm not dense at all. I actually compose classical music...that is something dense people can't do.

You lost the argument and then you insult me and run away like a little bitch by putting me on ignore. What an evil little soyboy asshole you are.

I’ve always had a great time in Shizuoka - In addition to the warm climate, which I like, I find the people to be relatively informal compared with other regions.
I got on well with the Brazilians that I met when I lived in Inaka many years ago. I’d bump into them at bars and tag along to go to parties. A couple of times I’d jump in a car and learn that the party was a huge warehouse event, a couple of hours away in the next prefecture. And when I got there I was a rare white guy among people who looked Japanese and moved Latin. Good times.
Folks would talk to me in Portuguese at first because they figured that a white guy at a Brazilian party must be Brazilian. You see, the Brazilians that you meet here are mostly ethnically Japanese but back home they’re used to living in a racially diverse country. That’s why I don’t see why they would have a problem with a white or black person. They’ve seen that shit before. I’m not pretending that Brazil has perfect racial harmony - It doesn’t. But I don’t buy that Brazilians here have all become whitey-haters in recent years.

Oh, by no means do I believe that all Brazilians in Japan are "anti-whitey". I was referring to only a small group of Brazilians that came across as super unfriendly toward me in Hamamatsu. That doesn't mean all of them are bad, but of course everyone loses their minds when I make a post on this forum about anything.

Just look at joeking's comments. Thanks for leaving an informative comment that didn't include insults.

I was referring to only a small group of Brazilians that came across as super unfriendly toward me in Hamamatsu.
Not true. In your first post you asked if generalizations (stereotypes) were accurate. Ipso facto you started a discussion relating to Brazilians in general and not just a small group that you met.
As for composing classical music - it may prove that you’re not dense but it leaves open the possibility that you’re as nutty as poop obsessed Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart or triskaidekaphobic Arnold Schoenberg.
Count me as one of the people here who likes you - but that doesn’t mean that you’re not an asshole.
;-)

I’ve always had a great time in Shizuoka - In addition to the warm climate, which I like, I find the people to be relatively informal compared with other regions.
I got on well with the Brazilians that I met when I lived in Inaka many years ago. I’d bump into them at bars and tag along to go to parties. A couple of times I’d jump in a car and learn that the party was a huge warehouse event, a couple of hours away in the next prefecture. And when I got there I was a rare white guy among people who looked Japanese and moved Latin. Good times.
Folks would talk to me in Portuguese at first because they figured that a white guy at a Brazilian party must be Brazilian. You see, the Brazilians that you meet here are mostly ethnically Japanese but back home they’re used to living in a racially diverse country. That’s why I don’t see why they would have a problem with a white or black person. They’ve seen that shit before. I’m not pretending that Brazil has perfect racial harmony - It doesn’t. But I don’t buy that Brazilians here have all become whitey-haters in recent years.
Thanks for the validation - I didn't think there was a big divide or issue getting along with people in that region. Another aspect is the folks that live up in the mountain, super friendly and we've gotten offers for a cup of tea or in some cases get invited in for lunch while we're out on the trails. Lots of small restaurants along the way in some of the small villages, friendly as well. There's a woman that owns a tiny okonomiyaki shop in one the towns, been there for 40-50 years, open when she feels like it... lol. Good conversation...