Guest viewing is limited

Anyone "lost" a watch?

Who spends 13 million on a watch anyway?
You can buy a house where I live for that!
And if you've got that much coin, then get a suite at the Hyatt or something.

Reactions: Simonka and Frenchy
The Pateks, Audemars, and Richard Milles always stay locked up in the home safe on pvp dates. Pretty basic sugar 101.

As for myself, I apply even more heightened protection and keep them all under guard at their respective stores. :cautious:

Can't really blame the stupid young thing. There are only a handful of brands that can command that sort of price--and ROLEX, likely being the only brand she would recognize, isn't generally one of them--so your average 19yo certainly would not realize what she had in her possession and would've therefore been stupid enough to think you could hock it at your average pawn shop.

My beater travel watch is a Swiss automatic diver issued by the U.S. Government (that actually says "U.S. GOVERNMENT" on the dial) that I wear once I'm outside of the airport, and the only time I'm naked and forced to remove my watch is at the Korean akasuri so they can properly scrub me. I can't imagine the girl working wants to risk her immigration status to steal an unrecognizable, tactical (ugly) steel watch that only a real watch nerd would recognize and is probably worth next to nothing at a Japanese watch shop.

I'm usually more worried about someone stealing my mini tactical pack while I'm on the table. Inside there's always a tallboy of Kirin or Asahi, hand sanitizer, some generic sildenafil tabs, Trojan condoms and a burner phone. The real important stuff.

Can't really blame the stupid young thing. There are only a handful of brands that can command that sort of price--and ROLEX, likely being the only brand she would recognize, isn't generally one of them--so your average 19yo certainly would not realize what she had in her possession and would've therefore been stupid enough to think you could hock it at your average pawn shop.

My beater travel watch is a Swiss automatic diver issued by the U.S. Government (that actually says "U.S. GOVERNMENT" on the dial) that I wear once I'm outside of the airport, and the only time I'm naked and forced to remove my watch is at the Korean akasuri so they can properly scrub me. I can't imagine the girl working wants to risk her immigration status to steal an unrecognizable, tactical (ugly) steel watch that only a real watch nerd would recognize and is probably worth next to nothing at a Japanese watch shop.

I'm usually more worried about someone stealing my mini tactical pack while I'm on the table. Inside there's always a tallboy of Kirin or Asahi, hand sanitizer, some generic sildenafil tabs, Trojan condoms and a burner phone. The real important stuff.
You carry around a body temperature generic lager at all times? i envy you

Interesting that 10 men reported having their watch stolen. I wonder how many watches she or her "gang" actually stole.

Interesting that 10 men reported having their watch stolen. I wonder how many watches she or her "gang" actually stole.
Well, if you go by the numbers marketing uses to gauge complaints received, for every complaint received, there are likely ten more that said nothing.

She must be pretty fucking hot if she was able to dupe that many (financially) successful guys.
I mean if you are 37 and have a 13 million yen watch, you were either born into money or made a lot of money, and unless you are incredibly fat or ugly, a certain type of lady will gravitate toward you anyway.

Seems like she was stealing & pawning for a host not some “manager”.

You carry around a body temperature generic lager at all times? i envy you

In my defense, I generally visit Japan in colder months so my road beer is room temperature at worst. That said, I'm finally at an age where I value a cold drink more than I fear looking like a total douchebag carrying around a Hydroflask or YETI (I actually have a shoulder strap for my work growler) so I might incorporate that into my post-pandemic travel gear. The Japanese gawking at me guzzling my 64oz Rambler on the train will just figure I'm curiously thirsty.

Wait… there is a love hotel in Minato-ku?!

Reactions: Simonka and Frenchy
thanks! Should have known better, I went to Chantilly once
I've been to Hotel Azabu a few times - pricey, but pretty nice.

Reactions: Frenchy