Solong

TAG Member
Reaction score
Rating: 4 stars out of 5

Good points:

1) Lots of lingerie and costumes

2) Allows foreigners

3) Nice decor and looks nice inside

4) Less expensive than other happening bars in Shinjuku.

5) Does NOT harrass women brought by members for excessive identification like phone number or home address, only just verification of legal age.

6) Good for inviting your friends for swinger parties.

7) Nice area

Bad points:

1) Sometimes has Japanese that have an anti-foreigner vibe. Particularly, a certain group of older Japanese women that come by sometimes.

2) Foreigners need to speak some Japanese to gain membership

3) Manager speaks no English, however he is very polite and professional

4) Single guys, especially foreigners that don't speak Japanese, will have a difficult time getting any action.

Don't usually expect action there, as a single, unless you are bringing it or you get lucky. Better as a place for couples than as a place for single guys.

PS- Much better between Sunday and Thursday, than Friday or Saturday. On Friday and Saturday, regulars that are anti-foreigner, tend to come.

Website

http://arabesque.jpn.com/sp/

http://goo.gl/maps/Q6cuh

In Shinjuku-San Chome. Next to Hotel ATM. Turkish restaurant downstairs and Arabesque is upstairs.

Last edited:
Looks like they got a membership campaign on 5500 instead of 11,000

Is there another fee on top of this or do u just pay for drinx? How much is say a beer? How old r these older women?

Thanx

Looks like they got a membership campaign on 5500 instead of 11,000

Is there another fee on top of this or do u just pay for drinx? How much is say a beer? How old r these older women?

Thanx

They have a free drink list, which your entrance fee covers. Drinks that you order outside of that list, would be 500 yen. I think beer is on the free drink list.

Age of women entering the place is random. Young and old.

What I'm referring to is sometimes a particular group of older Japanese women come in the joint and kill the vibe. They seem to know each other, and it can be 3 or 4 of them.

They seem to be old cougars trying to get younger guys and tend to talk people's ear off in Japanese. They get angry if people speak English and have an excessive negative attitude towards foreigners.

It's NOT all the older women doing this, but just a particular group. And it's not the bar or management, but just this group of women.

Of course the younger Japanese guys usually don't want anything to do with the older/chubby women, so makes the scene awkward and tense.

When just the younger women are there, or older women outside that group, it has been really good because they have fun.

Last edited:
@Solong

Re your good point #5, what is the legal age for admission to an HB anyway?

I occasionally see a 19yo (non-J) SB whom I suspect would enjoy a good HB scene, but there is no point in pitching it to her if she is going to be denied entrance and disappointed/embarrassed (to state the obvious).

-Ww

@Solong

Re your good point #5, what is the legal age for admission to an HB anyway?

I always was under the impression it had been 18 years of age. Am I wrong?

Edit: This one says age 20 for sure: "二十歳未満の方のご入店を固くお断り致します。" Hmm.

Reactions: Wwanderer
Since 20 is the age of majority here I'd be very surprised if it was anything less, especially for a place that serves alcohol.

Ah yes, very good point. Totally overlooked that point about alcohol. The DH services have all 18+ plastered all over the place, so that's why I was stuck on the age of 18.

Typical though; in the U.S. (in most parts) Voting/Smoking @ Age 18+, can't drink alcohol until 21+.

Yeah, the HBs mostly include nomihoudai with entrance, so that's probably the issue. I've always been carded when I joined a new one, otherwise I'd say to WW to risk it.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I will talk to her at the next opportunity to see if she has any interest. It occurs to me that I don't know that she is 19yo for sure. I have heard rumors that some women have been known to claim to be younger than their actual ages occasionally, and I have not seen her ID or anything to verify age. And, even if she is 19, she will be 20 before too long...maybe a treat for her next birthday.

In general I am not to averse to taking risks on HB experiences...as some here know. :D

-Ww

I give up prof HB has gotta b more than a leaded pencil

so what duz it stand for?

Since 20 is the age of majority here I'd be very surprised if it was anything less, especially for a place that serves alcohol.
Correct. Women need to be 20 in order to enter an establishment that serves alcohol in Japan. This includes discos, clubs, regular bars, etc...

However, for sex, 18 is the legal age. It's legal to have sexual fun with her, but you can't bring her into the clubs that check IDs.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I will talk to her at the next opportunity to see if she has any interest. It occurs to me that I don't know that she is 19yo for sure. I have heard rumors that some women have been known to claim to be younger than their actual ages occasionally, and I have not seen her ID or anything to verify age. And, even if she is 19, she will be 20 before too long...maybe a treat for her next birthday.

In general I am not to averse to taking risks on HB experiences...as some here know. :D

-Ww
You might get away with that IF you are already a member and the manager trusts you. Otherwise, ID check, and she is barred from entering. If she looks very young or you are a new member, odds are very strong for an ID check.

Had a 21 year old that looked unusually young and would spook the other FEMALES in the bar. Lolita looking type female. 1st time they didn't bother me, as knew me. But 2nd time I brought her, they checked her IDs real hard, after mumblings from other members. No problems though, as she was legal. But it is to say that good managers don't want trouble so will check.

If you are an unknown to a club, a customer can also be in danger of being forever banned by a manager for trying to bring an under 20 female, depending on mood and hap bar.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I'm a foreigner, can't speak Japanese but Asian look. Is that possible to get it? Btw, it says direction would be given on the phone but I can't speak Japanese... Anyway to get in the doors?

Hi, new guy here.
What exactly is a happening bar ? what happens in it ? :notworthy:

Check my first post, have put the Google map location.

http://goo.gl/maps/Q6cuh

Next to Hotel ATM. Turkish restaurant downstairs and Arabesque is upstairs.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I'm a foreigner, can't speak Japanese but Asian look. Is that possible to get it? Btw, it says direction would be given on the phone but I can't speak Japanese... Anyway to get in the doors?
You can try to bluff your way, by saying "Hai" and nodding yes. BUT, no guarantees. Some people bluff better than others.

1) You must take your shoes off when entering. 2) Your bags and mobile phones must be put in a locker inside. 3) No playing with mobile phones inside the seating area. 4) NO arguing or fights, as your membership will be revoked 5) NO harrassing women and no excessive aggression, if women complain about you, your membership can be revoked. 6) NO asking women or other members for personal contact information. If you are caught by staff trying or if other members complains about your attempt, your membership can be revoked. Yes, you might see people break this rule, but they get away with it when women LIKE the guy or she asks first. 7) If you want to play with a COUPLE, usually better to ask the man's approval or permission first. Many women defer approval to their husband/boyfriend in these situations, even if she is interested in you. Same for women wanting to play with a guy who came as a couple. Ask the woman for her permission first and things usually go much more smoothly.

The Japanese language requirement is low there, so only intermediate Japanese needed. But, remember that the manager speaks NO English, so can't answer your English questions. Most other customers speak NO English, so communication can be difficult. Always good to speak English very, very slowly or STUDY Japanese.

Free Basic Japanese Lessons (Nihongomori Ekubo):

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLINFE8v4DOhu_3LutLwJWetAhdcCrBF4X

Last edited:
I will have to unfortunately downgrade my rating and opinion of Arabesque.

1) Hostesses & Fakes At The Bar

They have implemented a more hostess type system, with fake single hostess type girls at the bar. Worse, many are the anti-foreigner Japanese racist type (as reported by other foreign friends), who also spend a lot of time eating at the bar too.

This scam is such single girls dress in lingerie and waste your time with bullshit talk, pretending, and lying.

This style is very un-swinger. And the bar girls are controlled by the staff.

2) Staff harassing non-member female guests of male members.

They have become very odd strict, asking for picture ID, address, and phone numbers.

Reports of them trying to recruit girlfriends or lady friends to come work at their bar, by using their info. This is extremely insulting, rude, and low-level tactics.

3) Action Level Too Low

A happening bar, where action was already low, to now almost non-existent. Used to be a spot to get your lady in the mood or for "something different" fun, but has LOST that vibe, particularly with harassing real female guests.

If any action, more likely to be some couple associated with the staff or one of the staff doing a "shibari show"(Japanese S&M rope and "tie up the girl" play) on their paid bar girl/hostess who is there for that purpose. It's done in a boring, for the 10,000th time, type of way.

Couple would likely be better off going elsewhere, then to a nearby hotel.

Hostess Bar Is Not A Happening Bar

Sad to see a bar slip into "buy me drinky" hostess level scamming. Will not be worth it for many swingers.

Last edited:
Reactions: marty
Me and ma girl are staying in tokyo for 3 weeks and we are open minded.. looking for a girl or a couple to join us or an orgy.she is chinese and im a kiwi..i can speak japanese and both of us can speak english.. us this place good for us?
And is there any fees to go inside?

Me and ma girl are staying in tokyo for 3 weeks and we are open minded.. looking for a girl or a couple to join us or an orgy.she is chinese and im a kiwi..i can speak japanese and both of us can speak english.. us this place good for us?
Bliss-out or Olive-21 would probably be the best spots for you. Olive-21, especially, since you speak Japanese. If on Friday or the weekend, you can find lots of couples. If a single lady, Bliss-out might work out, but it's hit or miss. The manager, Tomo, might can help.

Another route would be AdultFriendFinder, where some bisexual ladies may want to hookup.

Reactions: mj0520
Bliss-out or Olive-21 would probably be the best spots for you. Olive-21, especially, since you speak Japanese. If on Friday or the weekend, you can find lots of couples. If a single lady, Bliss-out might work out, but it's hit or miss. The manager, Tomo, might can help.

Another route would be AdultFriendFinder, where some bisexual ladies may want to hookup.
Thank you so much.. will go to all the places.. hope to see ya

Wow we almost wanted to go to arabesque, thanks for the insight.
So you say bliss and olive are the best couple kisas?
Do you know until what time they are opened?

Also, any news on the action level of these two?

Wow we almost wanted to go to arabesque, thanks for the insight.
So you say bliss and olive are the best couple kisas?
Do you know until what time they are opened?

Also, any news on the action level of these two?
Both can be good in their own ways. Olive, if come on the right day, will have lots of couple swapping. Bliss, however, is more likely to have something unusual and different from the vanilla basics happen. Like a guy bringing a suitcase full of dildos, lingerie or cosplay fashion show, fetish players, 2 ladies with 1 guy or 2 guys with 1 lady, etc...

Reactions: Wwanderer

Hi there. I'm European and my girl is Japanese. We're not much into bars and stuff but enjoy meeting singles and couples for fun. I've tried to PM you but had no luck in doing so, it looks like you blocked this option in your profile settings. Please send me a PM if you're interested in getting to know us / possibly meeting us.
Thanks,
marty

I Googled Bliss Out after reading your post. Did this place used to be called Silk? I was a member there many years ago. Does it have the same open-minded vibe - sometimes people are doing a some bondage and S&M, they have rooms downstairs but also people sometimes play right in the lounge area? I have a female friend who's not necessarily into swinging but likes being fondled by other women and polite guys and likes to be watched during sex.
Silk used to take all your belongings and clothes and put them in a paper bag and issue you a robe. Is Bliss Out the same?