Guest viewing is limited

Average salary for IT guys who are under 30?

Seriously guys, don't waste your time with the JLPT.
If you can communicate easily during interviews and you have the required skills/experience you'll get the job. Nobody but the incompetant recruiters will ask you for a JLPT.
In my whole career I never had to provide a JLPT score.

Reactions: Muku1
Seriously guys, don't waste your time with the JLPT.
If you can communicate easily during interviews and you have the required skills/experience you'll get the job. Nobody but the incompetant recruiters will ask you for a JLPT.
In my whole career I never had to provide a JLPT score.

jlpt is not waste of time, not waste of money too,,
if one is already good in japanese, one only has to look at kakomon once before taking the exam
the exam itself is in the weekend, only take 3-4 hours
and it's cheap

Reactions: MossBoss
I say it's a waste of time as it serves no useful purpose during job hunting.
A couple of hours is still a waste of time since it doesn't provide anything usefull before and during job inteviews.

If your japanese is good, it will shine by itself during your interaction with the recruiters and during the interviews.

Basically, you'll be asked your JLPT score only by recruiters who don't speak Japanese or suck at it.
Just avoid them, they are not competant anyway.

jlpt is not waste of time, not waste of money too,,
if one is already good in japanese, one only has to look at kakomon once before taking the exam
the exam itself is in the weekend, only take 3-4 hours
and it's cheap

still think jlpt is not waste of time...
it provides better bang for the buck than almost 70% of P4P services
w

Not for people like me who don't have to pay in order to have regular sex :)

still think jlpt is not waste of time...
w

Do you mean to say the test makes you come? Must be really awkward with all those other people in the same room.

Not for people like me who don't have to pay in order to have regular sex :)

TANSTAAFL, most of the people in this forum just have found out that sometimes it is much easier to pay with cash than with other means like time and commitment.

Listen to career advice based on someone who makes or has made what you achieve to make. Also it should be a related field.

2 years experience is nothing. You're better off putting effort into professional development, eg study Japanese (JLPT N3), get CCNA etc then start job hunting in two or three years time.
Two years is about exactly how long you should stay at your first job. So it should be enough experience to get your second job which should pay alot more. You need to stay at your second job for about 5 years. Then the third job is where you either begin to reel in the big bucks and join the One Percent, OR you resign yourself to a life of mediocrity. So fella, which do you choose? One Percent? Mediocrity? Hurry up and answer. We dont have all day.

Reactions: Beginner and MikeH
My Japanese is not perfect but i think it's good enough for working environment. ~N1
I also hold some international certificates, not CCNA but cloud platform and still try my best to broaden my knowledge.
But as you said, 2 years is nothing. I also believe in "nothing beats experience" principal. That's why i'm asking everyone for their opinions/advices.
My opinion is that certificates dont mean jack shit. Roll em up along with your college degree and use em to swat the mosquitos that get through the torn screen on the window of your 6 mat room in bumfuck 35 stops out on the loser line.

I say it's a waste of time as it serves no useful purpose during job hunting.
A couple of hours is still a waste of time since it doesn't provide anything usefull before and during job inteviews.

If your japanese is good, it will shine by itself during your interaction with the recruiters and during the interviews.

Basically, you'll be asked your JLPT score only by recruiters who don't speak Japanese or suck at it.
Just avoid them, they are not competant anyway.
The top level of JLPT is fairly difficult and indicates a level of reading comprehension that is useful to confirm. Many people who speak fluently, have worked here for years using Japanese at work, still fail the top level. I say, put it on your resume along with your Ivy MBA and PMP. Then at least you can get in line with the rest of the chumps for the 9mil yen slave labor cubicle job at Goldman Oracle Cisco fucking Sachs. Have a nice life!

Reactions: Beginner
Damn, you're right. I think I was japanized more or less :D
Maybe i need to take some courses about negotiation. :p
Anyway, each company has their own "salary ranking" or sth like that. I guess there's no chance to ask for 6m while their 事業部長 only earns 7m :rolleyes:
Your first mistake is to be talking to the jinji bucho. He is the least respected senior manager in any global company. Dont waste your time. Find the guy who you want to work for, find out what he wants to hear, and go and fucking tell him.... what he wants to hear. Is that so difficult?

You are right. 6m a year-unless you are supervisor or something like that.
I don't agree. Although I'm not clear on all details, I believe my brother in law makes between 7 to 9M yet he's not a supervisor. But he had to leave a few companies to get that point and he's good at his coding skills. But my question still remains....are JapAnese really that good at coding and especially security? It's barely a step above Chinese. Maybe Chinese can secure data better.

Last edited:
I don't agree. Although I'm not clear on all details, I believe my brother in law makes between 7 to 9M yet he's not a supervisor. But he had to leave a few companies to get that point and he's good at his coding skills. But my question still remains....are JapAnese really that good at coding and especially security? It's barely a step above Chinese. Maybe Chinese can secure data better.

Your brother in law is so excellent, I think. It is also belong to his experience and his company.
What happen with japanese data security, I am not good in IT.

I don't know. Just look at the terrible website designs of major banks. They can't easily accept roman letters, spacing problems, and then crypto currency hackings alone should tell you how lackluster security is here.

Just look at the terrible website designs of major banks. They can't easily accept roman letters, spacing problems, and then crypto currency hackings alone should tell you how lackluster security is here.

If you are thinking there is some correlation between web design and security please do not get a job in the security field.

There are some very knowledgeable IT security people in Japan, though there are so few that most of the places are still on 90's. If you are good then there are plenty of opportunities for work; don't take a job though but get contracts.

If you are thinking there is some correlation between web design and security please do not get a job in the security field.
He obviously doesn't know anything about character encoding so he shouldn't do any IT in Japan.

Reactions: MikeH
He obviously doesn't know anything about character encoding so he shouldn't do any IT in Japan.

Well, if he's going to work on web sites only then it's fine :p Let the real security pros handle the backend haha. It doesn't matter how secure the front end is if your backend is wide open who needs your front end. Script kiddies can do the jobs just fine.

Reactions: Another2011
The top level of JLPT is fairly difficult and indicates a level of reading comprehension that is useful to confirm. Many people who speak fluently, have worked here for years using Japanese at work, still fail the top level.

To some extent the 1-kyu is also an "are you Chinese" test. The content is so focused on kanji that many Chinese who could not pass 2-kyu if their life depended on it can manage to get by 1-kyu on getting nearly perfect reading scores and just squeaking by on the other parts.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
There is people who don't have to pay, and then there are people awesome enough to get paid.

And when those two kinds of people meet then it's usually awesome. :p

And when those two kinds of people meet then it's usually awesome. :p
"Having to pay" is subjective anyway. You might have a sudden urge and no one is available, or you might be interested in a specific (kind of) girl.
Nobody i get with "has to pay to get laid", but i don't see the fun in getting together with people who have never paid, and they get extra bonus points if they have been paid.