Remove banners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiji

TAG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been here much as of late but a notification arrived to my mail box and just noticed the banner ads...can you please remove those? Aren't they supposed to be used to attract internet users from other sites? Rather promoting TAG withinTAG itself?

I haven't been here much as of late but a notification arrived to my mail box and just noticed the banner ads...can you please remove those? Aren't they supposed to be used to attract internet users from other sites? Rather promoting TAG withinTAG itself?
TAG isn't allowed to make a buck? If you want to cut a monthly check to fund all this, I'm sure they'd be happy to remove the ads.

If you surf mobile they are barely visible. If it helps...
Same case w/ tapatalk (actually no ads)

I guess the ads will valuable to the newbies or one time/short time visitor (not even posting a self intro). The elder statesmen of the forums will probably only click on the ads if it tickles their interest.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I see no problem with them. As Goiter said, if you don't like them, I'm sure management would be happy to remove them if you were to prepare a suitable monthly stipend.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Yes, if you're willing to provide a monthly budget for supporting everything that is done here, by all means, please do.

Otherwise, this is the path we must take.

Same case w/ tapatalk (actually no ads)

I guess the ads will valuable to the newbies or one time/short time visitor (not even posting a self intro). The elder statesmen of the forums will probably only click on the ads if it tickles their interest.

Tapatalk will begin to start showing you ads that we cannot control. We don't really support that app anymore because of the lack of support (even if we bought into the branded app) and the shoddy quality of the server-side software that fills our logs with errors. We let it remain here for now because of few people that rely on it. The actual usage is quite low.

Oh, one additional point: we're not selling clicks. We're simply renting the space to paying clients on a monthly basis. It won't matter to our bottom line if you click or don't click. (Unless the client decides it's not worth it later on, haha)

The test ad has garnered 30,000 impressions since it was enabled for all viewers yesterday afternoon.

We've found a few bugs that need to be fixed.

I've only been stopping by here a brief time, but I'm happy to lazily support you guys by scrolling past ads. ;)

There plans to offer some tie-up deals, such a small discount for mentioning the ad seen at TAG. (Work in progress, but it's something that I think would work well.) So, it may be worth a look at one or two ads when the time comes. (y) (Don't expect freebies or huge discounts, that's not happening... lol)

There plans to offer some tie-up deals, such a small discount for mentioning the ad seen at TAG. (Work in progress, but it's something that I think would work well.) So, it may be worth a look at one or two ads when the time comes. (y) (Don't expect freebies or huge discounts, that's not happening... lol)
Cool. I'll scroll past, but I didn't say ignore. :rolleyes:

How do the banner ads generate revenue for TAG?

We sell them to people who want to advertise their [relative] business here. What you see right now are just testing units. (We're working out the kinks and preparing our business material on the back-end for those who've already planned to buy the spaces.)

Edit: For a frame of reference, we've been testing our self-hosted ads on a offline system for about 4 weeks. We just released a public version to stress test it - which resulted in a few bugs being flushed out.

Last edited:
Those are prototypes. Like a simulation of the ads itself. I think potential advertisers can rent it long term/short time. For now, it is on testing stage.
Damn Ches, beat me to the punch. Ha!
She's right though! :)

Terms are monthly or quarterly, for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.