Bars VS. Nightclubs

Which one is best for you?

• Bars

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Nightclubs

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
Definitely bars. Especially rooftop bars. I just love them so much and Tokyo has so many of them.
I do like nightclubs though... but only sometimes. I just don't like staying out all night and missing the last train haha.

Definitely bars. Especially rooftop bars. I just love them so much and Tokyo has so many of them..
XEX in Daikanyama was good but closed. 2 Rooms in Aoyama is nice, but pricey and a bit too snobby

Last edited:
Reactions: monalisaoverdrive
Bar Martha in Ebisu if u wanna chill to some music.. No dancing and cannot be loud they will tell u to be quiet or leave.. Great sound system... Analog tube amps. :woot: Drinks are a bit on the high side.. ¥2,000/ea

Reactions: MissInsomnia
I very much prefer bars. If I'm drinking on my own, dimly lit quiet bars that play old blues.

If I'm drinking with others, something a little more upbeat.

I used to like the places that were basically bars but had dancing. There was a place in Aoyama called Mix, a place in Azabu called 328 and a place in Shinjuku called Milos Garage. All gone I am sure. I am so old. I dont really go to bars so much anymore. I try to get sleep on the weeknights and get away on the weekends.

Bars by far. As touristy of a place Golden Gai is, by far my favorite drinking experiences have been in a tiny bar in Golden Gai with some Japanese people and some foreigners all having fun.

Bars.
But if a good DJ is coming to town or one of my friends are playing I love going to small nightclubs.
I can't stand the big room nightclubs playing top 40 or terrible EDM from 2010.