Bastille Day / Fête Nationale / パリ祭

Because the Legion are amazing badass soldiers is why. Seriously if you were part of an enemy of the French and all of a sudden you encounter a detachment of bearded maniacs with axes, wouldn't you think twice? Probably the aprons are bulletproof as well.

I didnt say they were, just that their music is very popular amongst the French gay community.

Yes, those dudes are usually sent first to get killed in the shittiest missions and they know it. Usually no families, often shoddy pasts, and by definition most of them were not even born French. Huge respect for the legionnaires.

Regarding Daft Punk I suppose they were chosen cause they did stuff with American singers (Pherell, Kanye) and they are probably the only French band Americans know anyway. With the Gipsy Kings (who pretend to be Spanish ) . Come to think of it Trump certainly know the Gipsy Kings better :D

Reactions: TheScientist
Lol! I love the face of Trump when the military band played "Get Lucky" (Daft Punk) in front of him. He clearly has no clue and Macron has his fun.

That is the face of paranoia. Thinking to himself, "I know these fuckers are taking the piss, but I am not sure how they doing it."

It's today , but many Frogs like yours truely will celebrate it tomorrow at the French Institute in Iidabashi, you're welcome if you're in the mood for dancing on accordeon music , wines, cheese, crêpes, and meeting insufferable snobs of both genders (actually there are many French ladies in Tokyo recently), who will make no effort whatsoever to speak to you in English ! :D Vive la France!

http://www.institutfrancais.jp/tokyo/fr/events-manager/paris-sai2017/
Sorry I just now saw this thread and don't have time to read it all ATM so if this question was already asked please forgive me. OK with the disclaimer out of the way....

I wonder if it's a coincidence that International Nude Day and Bastille Day are on the same date? Give us the real scoop @Frenchy!

Sorry I just now saw this thread and don't have time to read it all ATM so if this question was already asked please forgive me. OK with the disclaimer out of the way....

I wonder if it's a coincidence that International Nude Day and Bastille Day are on the same date? Give us the real scoop @Frenchy!

Good question, and as a History buff I can tell you in full confidence that no, it's not a coicidence: the untold story of the Bastille storming is that some liberal Parisians wanted to celebrate International Nude Day just in front of the famous jail house, and some stupid guardman told them as a joke that if they get inside they would find all inmates, male and female, nude, horny and waiting for them. That's how it happened, but just a few people know about it. Personnally I have no problem with that but most French people would be shocked to know we are actually celebrating every year the first jaihouse orgy in history.

Reactions: TheScientist
Good question, and as a History buff I can tell you in full confidence that no, it's not a coicidence: the untold story of the Bastille storming is that some liberal Parisians wanted to celebrate International Nude Day just in front of the famous jail house, and some stupid guardman told them as a joke that if they get inside they would find all inmates, male and female, nude, horny and waiting for them. That's how it happened, but just a few people know about it. Personnally I have no problem with that but most French people would be shocked to know we are actually celebrating every year the first jaihouse orgy in history.

It all make sense now! The things they leave out of history books in American Schools.

Reactions: Frenchy
It all make sense now! The things they leave out of history books in American Schools.

Well it's more important to learn about modern days' animals kingdom, like this interesting vid done also during the recent Bastille day parade...:)