BDSM Switching

And with being a switch it's really just that there are some parts of you, with certain people, where certain urges will arise, and some parts of you, with other people, where other urges arise. Making yourself go one way or another would be like eating cake everyday, it's great for a while but then you get sick of it, so you crave that variety.
This is very well put into words. I’m quite sure i’m a switch now.

Reactions: Troilist
Useful term which I hadn't heard (or at least not remembered) before. Thanks. In a similar vein, I guess one could talk about "service bottoming".

Some (French?) philosopher from a few centuries ago (18th century?) pointed out and discussed that we can choose what we do ("free will") but not what we want to do (or what we like, enjoy, desire...). I'm blanking on the name. Anyone know? In any case, an interesting point and distinction. In current pop cultural terms, I think this is what people mean when they say "The heart wants what the heart wants", indicating that someone has no control over what they want.

-Ww
Schopenhauer, no?

Reactions: Wwanderer
Yes, and thanks!

German, not French as I thought...but not much difference, right? :D

-Ww

Well, in that neither one of them names their philosophers Bruce, most certainly.