Beautiful Women do not need exorbitant fashion brands all the time

ceptists

TAG Member
Reaction score
https://www.koreaboo.com/news/seungri-investor-madam-line-scandal-identity-yi-ju-lin/

I just came across the above article of Seungri and his mysterious financial backer, a taiwanese by the name of Madam Lin, who has reputedly made more than 12 Billion USD in 5 years.

Now I am not aiming any arrows at Seungri himself, I couldn't care two hoots about him but I am really grossed out by the pictures of Madam Lin in the above article.

Do any of you think that the fur jackets wore by Madam Lin are just too outlandishly flamboyant for someone her age?

Heck, I can't imagine any seriously Beautiful Woman wearing such ugly fur jackets like those on Madam Lin.

The article also quoted that "Madam Lin is said to be obsessed with anything that is labeled “limited edition” and is a VVVIP of luxury brands."

Seriously, any man or any woman would want to invest in nice clothes, nice shoes, nice cars, some jewellery maybe (not me though as I am allergic to all jewellery), designer watches, designer bags and stuff.

But how much material goods are seriously considered to be overly extravagant? I know the majority of women like to shop for beautiful goods and there is nothing wrong with shopping for beautiful goods but isn't there a line which can't be crossed?

https://financesonline.com/top-10-m...-world-louie-vuitton-diamonds-crocodile-skin/

There are a few handbags which cost a few million USD on the market. According to the article above, the most expensive handbag costs $3.8 Million for the Mouawad 1001 Nights Diamond Purse. I think you can buy a penthouse in tokyo for $3.8 Million dollars.

I like to think that any sane person would take a middle road stance in life, neither attachments nor aversions to anything.

Surely, you can buy expensive fashion goods to look better than your neighbors and colleagues but do you know when expensive crossed the line to become stupidly extravagant?

If you are truly beautiful, you would look beautiful no matter if you are wearing simple T-shirts and shorts or a ten thousand dollars night-gown.

Anyway, just these words for now.

Reactions: Frenchy
https://www.koreaboo.com/news/seungri-investor-madam-line-scandal-identity-yi-ju-lin/

I just came across the above article of Seungri and his mysterious financial backer, a taiwanese by the name of Madam Lin, who has reputedly made more than 12 Billion USD in 5 years.

Now I am not aiming any arrows at Seungri himself, I couldn't care two hoots about him but I am really grossed out by the pictures of Madam Lin in the above article.

Do any of you think that the fur jackets wore by Madam Lin are just too outlandishly flamboyant for someone her age?

Heck, I can't imagine any seriously Beautiful Woman wearing such ugly fur jackets like those on Madam Lin.

The article also quoted that "Madam Lin is said to be obsessed with anything that is labeled “limited edition” and is a VVVIP of luxury brands."

Seriously, any man or any woman would want to invest in nice clothes, nice shoes, nice cars, some jewellery maybe (not me though as I am allergic to all jewellery), designer watches, designer bags and stuff.

But how much material goods are seriously considered to be overly extravagant? I know the majority of women like to shop for beautiful goods and there is nothing wrong with shopping for beautiful goods but isn't there a line which can't be crossed?

https://financesonline.com/top-10-m...-world-louie-vuitton-diamonds-crocodile-skin/

There are a few handbags which cost a few million USD on the market. According to the article above, the most expensive handbag costs $3.8 Million for the Mouawad 1001 Nights Diamond Purse. I think you can buy a penthouse in tokyo for $3.8 Million dollars.

I like to think that any sane person would take a middle road stance in life, neither attachments nor aversions to anything.

Surely, you can buy expensive fashion goods to look better than your neighbors and colleagues but do you know when expensive crossed the line to become stupidly extravagant?

Anyway, just these words for now.

Well, its all relative to your wealth , ego, and need to show off... if the 3 are nearly unlimited then you get to that point.
Would it be better for society that she gives it to charity or cancer research? Absolutely.
Does it make her more attractive? Absolutely not.
Is it still morally wrong? No more no less in my opinion than wasting billions in taxpayers money on nukes for instance.
And she paid for that stuff herself.

Last edited:
In contrast to Madam Lin, let me illustrate the opposite end of the spectrum.

I have an elderly female relative who is running a apparel wholesale business for many years now. She owns three apartments and a shop premise. Her total assets is at least 1 million USD to my estimation and there is strong suspicion that she owns more than that.

This elderly female relative of mine is extremely stingy and she is extremely averse to spending. She is the type to want to save all the time.

She would cry foul when she has to spend 5 cents more on a 1.5 liter bottle of jasmine green tea (well you know grocery prices fluctuate all the time).

I mean, it is just 5 cents more. Why do you spend so much time and energy crying over just spending 5 cents more on a drink which you love?

It is not 50 dollars, 500 dollars, 5000 dollars and god forbid, it is not 5 million dollars right?

All I am saying is, a lot of people do not have the balanced mindset when it comes to life, especially in the arena of spending wisely on the accumulation of goods.

Reactions: Frenchy
In contrast to Madam Lin, let me illustrate the opposite end of the spectrum.

I have an elderly female relative who is running a apparel wholesale business for many years now. She owns three apartments and a shop premise. Her total assets is at least 1 million USD to my estimation and there is strong suspicion that she owns more than that.

This elderly female relative of mine is extremely stingy and she is extremely averse to spending. She is the type to want to save all the time.

She would cry foul when she has to spend 5 cents more on a 1.5 liter bottle of jasmine green tea (well you know grocery prices fluctuate all the time).

I mean, it is just 5 cents more. Why do you spend so much time and energy crying over just spending 5 cents more on a drink which you love?

It is not 50 dollars, 500 dollars, 5000 dollars and god forbid, it is not 5 million dollars right?

All I am saying is, a lot of people do not have the balanced mindset when it comes to life, especially in the arena of spending wisely on the accumulation of goods.

Yes. And what’s your point posting this here? you know you are on a site where many of us spend fortunes on « services » that most men get for free, right? :D

Reactions: Mrmer and Acid Burn
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...hong-kong-china-crouching-tiger-a8697881.html

Chow Yun-fat has announced he will donate his $700m fortune to charity after he dies.

In Hong Kong, however, the star, 63, is famous for his modest lifestyle, having been spotted taking public transport and queueing for tickets to watch his own film, according to The Guardian.

His wife, Jasmine Tan, has said her husband often eats at street stalls and used a Nokia flip-phone for years, only trading it in when it had finally stopped working.

This money isn’t something you possess forever. When you’re gone one day, you have to leave it to others to use it,” Chow told South Korea’s Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation.

You can’t bring the money in your bank account with you after you die.

He added that his wife “strongly supports” his decision. His fortune is currently valued at 5.6 bn Hong Kong dollars ($700m or £542m).

The actor, affectionally called "Brother Fat" in Hong Kong, was praised for acting in opposition to the city's obsession with displays of extreme wealth amongst its mega-rich. Hong Kong's wealth gap was at its widest for nearly half a century last year.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/10/chow-yun-fat-will-give-entire-fortune-to-charity-1202011765/

Chinese movie legend Chow Yun-fat says he plans to give his entire net worth, a whopping $5.6 billion HKD (that’s $714 million USD) to charity.

“My dream is to be a happy and normal person,” Yun-fat recently told Hong Kong movie site Jayne Stars.

The hardest thing in life is not about how much money you earn, but how to keep a peaceful mindset and live the rest of your life in a simple and carefree manner.

The same site reported earlier that the actor claimed to spend only $800 HKD ($102 USD) per month.

Apparently, he stays frugal by taking public transportation as often as possible and doing charity work instead of spending it on himself. He also had a Nokia phone for 17 years (we can only assume it’s a flip phone), and only upgraded to a smart phone recently, when his Nokia one stopped working.

He shops at discount clothing stores, because, he said: I don’t wear clothes for other people. As long as I think it’s comfortable, then it’s good enough for me.

I am not too familiar with the Japanese people but I did hear that the Japanese frown upon ostentatious displays of wealth.

After spending too many years in Chinese territories, I saw too many rich older women who want to splurge all their husbands' hard earned money on overly extravagant foolishly ugly fashion products.

Madam Lin reminds me of a number of older Chinese women who behave in the same way.

I have never thought that clothes maketh the man.

It is Thy Man Who Maketh The Clothes!

Anyone who says clothes don't make a man just has a bad tailor.

Anyways why are you so concerned about what other people do or don't do with their money? I think you missed the part where it says it's their money, not yours.

I have never thought that clothes maketh the man.

It is Thy Man Who Maketh The Clothes!

*gets beamed into Elizabethan era*

There’s no Gucci here :eek:

Some folks just wanna take alll their money with them when they die.............I'm not in that category.

I don’t think she looks gross or anything.

To me, spending 1000s on one piece of cloth is generally a stupid waste (would make an exception if it was absolutely perfect and good quality but i find brand quality an comfort highly disappointing) but i do like some outstanding fashion and will wear what i feel like at any age.

Yes its a bit silly that people need brands to pump up their ego while they could feed children from that money instead but in the end its their money so who am i to say anything?

Putting absolute cost aside since ‘expensive’ is relative to actual income, I would say crossing the line is paying for those extravagant things monthly on a credit card because you can’t afford it otherwise. And I’m not talking about a house or a car, but other “luxury” items that can only be afforded by a monthly plan by some.

Putting absolute cost aside since ‘expensive’ is relative to actual income, I would say crossing the line is paying for those extravagant things monthly on a credit card because you can’t afford it otherwise. And I’m not talking about a house or a car, but other “luxury” items that can only be afforded by a monthly plan by some.
Yes and no. It may not be a burden to her, and if fashion is a way of self expression to her its nice.
But while Gucci may be the same
to her as Forever 21 to the average woman, there is something faintly pathetic about rich people who only shop brand and who buy their 7ths sports car and 5th vacation house that they come only once a year.
I do believe they do that because their circles expect them to show up with new things, not just as their hobby.
And that while other people are starving...

Reactions: Negi77
Everyone labels people (I've never given a rats ass about what others have thought of me ) but there is a stigma to fashion. Like how does a 17 year old high school girl afford a Gucci bag?

Reactions: MikeH
Like how does a 17 year old high school girl afford a Gucci bag?

Well, she just needs to wait a year as she is basically sitting on money.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Reactions: MikeH
Satiety comes of riches and hubris comes of satiety.

Solon, Ancient Greek lawmaker & philosopher

The same topic has been an active source of debate for nearly 3 millenniums :) (and apparently Ancient Greek philosophers loved to b**ch and moan about wealthy people because there are a dozen more quotes I could post here.)

Also boyfriend? SD? Hand me down from mom? Part time job while living at home not having to worry about using her money on rent/mortgage/car/food/bills? Or maybe she can’t afford it and it’s just a knock off. Lol.
Or maybe she just stole it... or Santa gave it to her on a 25 December...

Also boyfriend? SD?

Sugar Daddy of a 17 year old?
:eek:
EDF6BFB8-B8E3-4D6B-AEED-0959B94E0148.jpeg

there is something faintly pathetic about rich people who only shop brand....

And that while other people are starving...

Yes its a bit silly that people need brands to pump up their ego while they could feed children from that money instead but in the end its their money so who am i to say anything?

Hmmm.... How about guys who spend 100,000 yen plus on ‘dates’ with sex workers? That 100,000 yen could feed thousands of people in disaster areas.

I get you are in the PR business. But your dollar shop moralizing doesn’t belong on a mongering board.

Hmmm.... How about guys who spend 100,000 yen plus on ‘dates’ with sex workers? That 100,000 yen could feed thousands of people in disaster areas.

I get you are in the PR business. But your dollar shop moralizing doesn’t belong on a mongering board.
You can't get an onigiri for less than ¥100 so you're not exactly going to feed "thousands" of people.

Reactions: MissInsomnia