Guest viewing is limited

Beginner Advice Please

I'd rather be 1/100 for girls who are 100% my type certified stunners than 9/10 for some basic ass chicks

And I'd rather get cruelly rejected by a "10" than pull home a "3" and hook up with her.

I hear ya.... respect that comment 100%.... but lets keep in mind what this is. Im not talking about GF hunting here. Im assuming we're talking about picking up girls for the purpose of messing around.
Personally. Id be more selective and make moves on 10 knock out perfect girls and succeed with 8 of them...rather than hit on 100 super hot girls and hook up with 11.

Regardless of how many girls you approach, all you know about them when you make your move is that shes hot.
Your replys above make it seem like you somehow get higher quality girls when you hit on 10000000 of them. That isnt true.
What i meant is that id prefer to pick and choose my spots so that id have a higher success rate cuz it saves time and saves face :p
Girl hotness is a constant, not a variable here :)

I hear ya.... respect that comment 100%.... but lets keep in mind what this is. Im not talking about GF hunting here. Im assuming we're talking about picking up girls for the purpose of messing around.
Personally. Id be more selective and make moves on 10 knock out perfect girls and succeed with 8 of them...rather than hit on 100 super hot girls and hook up with 11.

Regardless of how many girls you approach, all you know about them when you make your move is that shes hot.
Your replys above make it seem like you somehow get higher quality girls when you hit on 10000000 of them. That isnt true.
What i meant is that id prefer to pick and choose my spots so that id have a higher success rate cuz it saves time and saves face :p
Girl hotness is a constant, not a variable here :)

In my experience, trying to avoid failure and trying to be a "Sniper" doesnt actually work. And trying to "save face" and avoid shame or whatever just makes you sound fragile. There's no shame in pursuing what you want, regardless of the outcome. We win or we learn. We succeed or we grow. Not taking a shot gains you nothing. Not getting the experience doesn't help you whatsoever.

In my experience, this is true about women / dating as it is about business and life in general. You can't try to be perfect every time, you just take a lot of action and get better through determination and experience. There's no room for excuses or worrying about how you look or anything like that because it's all in your head. the only thing that matters is consistent action towards the things you desire

Reactions: Jbagz
In my experience, this is true about women / dating as it is about business and life in general. You can't try to be perfect every time, you just take a lot of action and get better through determination and experience. There's no room for excuses or worrying about how you look or anything like that because it's all in your head. the only thing that matters is consistent action towards the things you desire

This is reasonably good advice imo, but there are other approaches/strategies that can work well too. When people, especially young people, find a way to accomplish something challenging, they often make the (very understandable) error of mistaking ***A*** good way of doing it for ***THE*** good way of doing it. In most cases there are a variety of techniques for reaching any given goal, and which one works best often depends on various devilish details of the situation and on who is pursuing the goal.

I've had a lot of success in general and with women in particular by being alert to opportunities as I wwander along in life and by reacting to said opportunities in whatever way feels intuitive and natural to me at the time. I also try not to "over learn" from past experiences or from those of other people; if you keep doing the same thing over and over again, you are likely to get the same outcome over and over again, which isn't all that interesting or fun after a while, even if it is a good outcome.

-Ww

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
This is reasonably good advice imo, but there are other approaches/strategies that can work well too. When people, especially young people, find a way to accomplish something challenging, they often make the (very understandable) error of mistaking ***A*** good way of doing it for ***THE*** good way of doing it. In most cases there are a variety of techniques for reaching any given goal, and which one works best often depends on various devilish details of the situation and on who is pursuing the goal.

I've had a lot of success in general and with women in particular by being alert to opportunities as I wwander along in life and by reacting to said opportunities in whatever way feels intuitive and natural to me at the time. I also try not to "over learn" from past experiences or from those of other people; if you keep doing the same thing over and over again, you are likely to get the same outcome over and over again, which isn't all that interesting or fun after a while, even if it is a good outcome.

-Ww

Tl;dr, talk to women you like wherever they are and whatever the probability

Reactions: owlet
In my experience, trying to avoid failure and trying to be a "Sniper" doesnt actually work. And trying to "save face" and avoid shame or whatever just makes you sound fragile. There's no shame in pursuing what you want, regardless of the outcome. We win or we learn. We succeed or we grow. Not taking a shot gains you nothing. Not getting the experience doesn't help you whatsoever.

You for sure have an interesting outlook on life! I am partially envious of your ability to not care when people see u miss.

You have obviously never been in a sales position in a company. Missing is the default but if you enjoy the process then you actually never lose.
Yea i actually did sales for 2 years. I was really good at it but haaaated it with a passion. After i got my mba i moved into a risk management role....which i guess explains my stance on this topic!

mba i moved into a risk management role

Risk management at best is middle office type of role or maybe even back office type of work.
At the end of the day, what Sinapse is saying is, better aim for Front office type of job. Aim for the "9/10" instead of succeeding at "3/10"

Reactions: Sinapse
Risk management at best is middle office type of role or maybe even back office type of work.
At the end of the day, what Sinapse is saying is, better aim for Front office type of job. Aim for the "9/10" instead of succeeding at "3/10"
No no. Director level in Risk management at a Financial institution is right behind VP level. The only thing higher is a chief

Tl;dr, talk to women you like wherever they are and whatever the probability
I agree with that and with all you said earlier.
the problem is that women I really like and think are stunners are super rare, I don't overrate girls and make up has almost no effect on me, can't get fooled by FX.

Maybe I'm jaded because I used to work for a production company and directed many castings for CM but in my whole life I've seen maybe only 1 girl I'd rate as a 9, and a few I'd rate as 8 (worldwide super star level). In Japan the top of the top would be a 7 and a local 6 are standing out because most are 5 at best.

so if I had to go your way and think "And I'd rather get cruelly rejected by a "10" than pull home a "3" and hook up with her" that would mean I'll try anything with any girl cause 10 don't exist.

The 1-10 scale of rating women's appearances must be about the most meaningless and useless 1-10 scale ever devised. Imo a guy might as well babble in baby talk to communicate his opinion of a woman as use it. Some, like @e-smile, *maybe* see a 10 once in their life while others see a 10 on most days they are out and about. Worse still, they mostly all believe that their idea of what the scale means is obviously and clearly the correct one and expect everyone else to agree. Moreover, as any guy who talks about women with other men knows, there is not even general agreement on the order or ranking of hotties. Is ScarJo or Angelina Jolie or JLo or ... better looking? Guys will argue about it all day and into the night. Are blondes, redheads or brunettes hotter? Same story. What sort of figure is best? Blah blah blah. But if there is no agreement even on the order of sexiness and beauty, of what use can a numerical scale possibly be?

It is a mystery me why anyone even tries to use it.

-Ww

Last edited:
But if there is no agreement even on the order of sexiness and beauty, of what use can a numerical scale possibly be?

Actually quite useful. The caveats is you have to add "my" before or "to me" after. Much like adding "in my experience" lends clarity and credibility to most statements.

"That girl is my 9" tells you quite a bit precisely because its subjective. She might be the other guy's 4.

So IMO the only time it's useless is if people try to assert the scale is universal and objective, which at least among my friends and most reasonably intelligent guys nobody seems to try to do

The 1-10 scale of rating women's appearances must be about the most meaningless and useless 1-10 scale ever devised. Imo a guy might as well babble in baby talk to communicate his opinion of a woman as use it. Some, like @e-smile, *maybe* see a 10 once in their life while others see a 10 on most days they are out and about. Worse still, they mostly all believe that their idea of what the scale means is obviously and clearly the correct one and expect everyone else to agree. Moreover, as any guy who talks about women with other men knows, there is not even general agreement on the order or ranking of hotties. Is ScarJo or Angelina Jolie or JLo or ... better looking? Guys will argue about it all day and into the night. Are blondes, redheads or brunettes hotter? Same story. What sort of figure is best? Blah blah blah. But if there is no agreement even on the order of sexiness and beauty, of what use can a numerical scale possibly be?

It is a mystery me why anyone even tries to use it.

-Ww
it's a 0 - 1 0 scale not a 1 - 10.
0 and 10 are fantasies so it's actually a 1 - 9 scale IMO.

Reactions: Sinapse
I agree with this 100%

My scale:
5 is totally average
6 is a bit cute
7 is generally attractive or very cute
8 is HOT
9 is like a model... or a gorgeous..
10... is ideal.. it doenst exist in a general sense.....or its whoever u love etc

Reactions: e-smile
Actually quite useful.

For what?

I guess there are some possible answers:

The caveats is you have to add "my" before or "to me" after.

I suppose if I know the woman in question or have at least seen pictures of her, you numerical rating tells me something about your taste/preferences in women.

"That girl is my 9" tells you quite a bit precisely because its subjective. She might be the other guy's 4.

Isn't that exactly why it tells me nothing at all about her appearance unless I know something about your tastes in women or the other guy's? And even if I do know about one of your or his tastes, it still doesn't tell me much unless I know how strictly you or he grade. Some guys see a ten most days and some never in their lives.

So IMO the only time it's useless is if people try to assert the scale is universal and objective, which at least among my friends and most reasonably intelligent guys nobody seems to try to do

I think it is useless in the way it is most often used (especially online), namely as an attempt to communicate something about how a woman looks by giving a number alone with no other information.

-Ww

Reactions: AliceInWonderland

Interesting and also a version of the scale I don't ever recall hearing before, reinforcing my point that just giving a number without any further explanation is not really meaningful, at least no better than just using vague words like hot, sexy, beautiful plus mabe an adverb or two.

-Ww

Reactions: e-smile
Putting real women on an unrealistic scale just doesnt make sense to me.(anymore) If 10 is un attainable then you dont have a real scale. (Mind you i used to feel the same myself)
do you think there is any human being than can be a 0 ?
must be a frightening ghost, and 10 would be a unimaginable goddess :D

do you think there is any human being than can be a 0 ?
must be a frightening ghost, and 10 would be a unimaginable goddess :D
Thats stupid to put real people on the same plane as goddess and zombie creatures. Like oh youre the best looking person ive ever seen but i cant give you a 10 because only wonder woman is deserving of such grace.

Thats stupid to put real people on the same plane as goddess and zombie creatures. Like oh youre the best looking person ive ever seen but i cant give you a 10 because only wonder woman is deserving of such grace.
let me reformulate : 0 is null and 10 is perfect. nobody is null and nobody is perfect.

that's all, no need to dramatize. I'm not giving any grade to anyone, no one need me to :D

I dont respect a man whos impervious to feeling shame upon failing.
The problem with that perspective is that implies people should quit after the first try..."Oh, you just plain suck at that and you should never do that again." None of us would get anywhere in anything we did in life if we adhered to that rule.
You can own up to your failure and not let it impede you from trying again, but to imply you should feel shame for every failure doesn't make sense. Your failures are just failures. Whether you decided to see them as embarrassments or challenges is up to you. If you see them as worthy challenges, why be ashamed of that?