Guest viewing is limited

Being Black In Japan And Finding Women

So I have been in Japan for about 7 months now and I have only gotten about 3 dates. It seems like Japanese girls are not willing to give me any time of time because I am Black. I speak fairly good Japanese so it is not an issue. I see my white guy friends who speak no Japanese constantly having dates lined up, constant hook ups, and women begging to sleep with them, even though they are not even as good looking as me or speak anywhere the amount of Japanese I can. They often ask how it is possibly that I haven't meet more girls then them. Then only thing I can come to is that in this area(Kobe/Osaka) Japanese women are not warm to Black people at all. I have been to Bars and clubs, where women will actually ignore me if I approach them. I have been on multiple dating apps/sites such as Pairs, Tinder (500 swipes=no match), Gyaruru, PCmax, Skout, JapanCupid, AdultFriendFinder, etc. I have tried them all. At this point I ready to give up, Are Japanese really this cold towards non white foreigners? I have even played with the idea of just buying sex, but that is even a challenge! Once anyone figures out that I am Black the conversation is over. I am out of Ideas, what does everyone think? No it is not my looks, I am a fairly attractive black guy, who takes very good care of himself.
many of my friends in Japan are black and 3 of them are serial "daters". the others are average "daters". also the most unsuccessful guys I know in Japan are either Japanese or white french, some of them didn't have 3 dates in 7 years, so don't rush into conclusions and don't define yourself only as a kokujin.

in general if you compare to France Japanese people (not only girls) are less approachable. they are shyer and less communicative. so you have to accept that.

also you know your type but you have also to know whose type you're, that applies to anyone no matter the ethnic origin.

ps : Japanese language is not really an asset. I can speak Japanese and i sound fluent but I don't use that for nampa. speaking English is better :D

Last edited:
Reactions: AliceInWonderland
This is probably a reason why black guys are often not accepted in p4p places as well. Africa has quite a reputation for sexual diseases and while an African American guy would be not a big risk, it's hard to sort out for walk in places and more easy to just refuse on skin color.
I Japan they often assume that a black guy is American and many African guys say they are American on purpose.

I Japan they often assume that a black guy is American and many African guys say they are American on purpose.
Oh god. I remember going to a club once and dancing with this cute black guy. When I asked him where he was from, he said "I'm from New York" with a very obvious African accent.

I was just like.. suuuuure.. :ROFLMAO:

I assume that in general but of course there are the street touts and bar owners from Africa, people you don't want to hang out with in general (because they empty your wallet) and they seem to quite love sex, according to all the filth they say to the girls passing them on street, so not unthinkable that they would try to use sex services.

I assume that in general but of course there are the street touts and bar owners from Africa, people you don't want to hang out with in general (because they empty your wallet) and they seem to quite love sex, according to all the filth they say to the girls passing them on street, so not unthinkable that they would try to use sex services.
everyone love sex, them touts just lack manners and they don't represent Africa, at most they represent the kind of Africans who can only do this kind of jobs.

I've always had good experiences at Nigerian owned bars here. Took my daughter to one in ropponggi one night. She loved it.

They are helpful.....especially when you are trying to find a certain place.....And sometimes they are a pain in the ass!

Okay broseph you are able to see this and go from there so lemme help you out here. From what I have seen especially in the largest city closets to me is that many Japanese women will date Black men. It boils down to your confidence and how you present yourself. If you walk around like you are a bum, then let's face it if you were back in the states do you honestly think that you are going to attract the attention of any girl? I am a geek, I have LOADS of geek clothing items and what not, however when I have gone to clubs I will not wear any of those items. Instead I will wear Polo, Lacoste, BR, etc...not to mention cologne, my shoes are always on point and I present myself always as if I am a catch. Second part of this is confidence, how you walk and how you stand are other key things, if you walk slumped over or stand sheepishly you are not showing any confidence in the matter. Now I can not tell you to much as far as approach is concerned because I fail remarkably believe it or not in this area. Mainly because I get to chicken shit to actually go up and talk to the female or I end up getting to know them to well and friendzone. One thing that amazingly worked well for one of my friends was when he worked at Best Buy was that he used their selling method to pick up women. Which is CARE Plus.

C=Contact (Introduce yourself and get their name)
A= Ask (Ask what brings them into the store, what are they looking for, and any other needs they may or may not have)
R= Recommend (Recommend items that they were looking for, then recommend services and other accessories they might need)
E= Encourage (Encourage the sale)
Plus= Make it your own.

I saw him do this many times, back and forth on questioning, almost always asking open ended questions to make sure he would get her to talk about herself and show interest. At the end of the conversation he would either get them to give him their phone number, go in for a kiss, or convince them to go home with him. He always said, based off the conversation and body language you will either know or not know if the woman you are talking to is interested in you. Though this method tends to work if you have a full grasp on the language.

As far as from what I can tell, Japanese women do date black men. It is all in how you present yourself and how you sell yourself. If you can not do any of those two, then you will be single for some time here in Japan.