Best Anime Opening (Song + Animation)

RIDER 00

TAG Member
Reaction score
Post your favorite anime opening for all to enjoy!
I have a lot, but I'll share Basilisk. The manga is great,
the anime is pretty good (with a lot of sexy ninjas), and
the title song fit perfectly with the epic story.

And if you enjoy the song, here's the full version of "Kouga Ninpouchyou"

Hmmmm, so many to choose from for various reasons.

I don't know what it is, but there's just something I love about Z Gundam's second opening:

Even if it wasn't digitally remastered, the animation of the opening was amazing for its time.

For something more modern, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure's 3rd opening has the entire package. Great visuals and a testosterone pumping song to go with it:

Surprised Ikki Tousen hasn't popped up yet....

Reactions: Lukes and statrosa
I know this is an outro but my favorite is
Wands-世界が終わるまでは

Cool thread. This one is from a creepy anime I saw about ten years ago. I liked the opening a lot.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni:

Nipaaa!
Omochi kaeriiiii!

But seriously, this anime does so much fan service because the only main male character is surrounded by cute/hot girls who have crushes on him.
I loved it when they did the swimsuit episode.

Reactions: Lukes
This one has a special place in my memories because it's the earliest anime I can remember watching

and technically an ED but

Nipaaa!
Omochi kaeriiiii!

But seriously, this anime does so much fan service because the only main male character is surrounded by cute/hot girls who have crushes on him.
I loved it when they did the swimsuit episode.
Haha yeah! That was a great episode. The series is a mixture of cute fun stuff like that and some pretty graphic violence. I didn't think I would like it at first but then I got hooked.

Really difficult to pick a favourite. Probably this?

Really difficult to pick a favourite. Probably this?

Oh man! Cobra is right up there with Kenshiro and Goku as the manliest men in anime history.
This anime series really ended way too early despite it's popularity and they made the OVAs way too late.
I was really sad when the voice actor passed away.

Cobra vs. Crystal Bowie is one of the greatest rivalries in anime. (He deserved series final boss status, not first arc ending boss)

Some of the anime available in the 80's ... where I lived. No cable back then. Everything was over the air via VHF TV. Our TV was B&W.

I usually played outside w/ friends. When the cartoons went on everyone went home to watch.

I watched Thundersub (宇宙空母ブルーノア). I really liked the beat here. 2052 yeah sure.

Robotech (超時空要塞マクロス)

Astroboy (鉄腕アトム)

Diamos (闘将ダイモス)
Ending theme

Voltes V (超電磁マシーン ボルテスV)
Ending theme (I like ending themes more)

I've always enjoyed Full Metal Panic and still think its one of the best animes I've ever watched. Plus the theme song is sang by the adorable Shimokawa Mikuni.

The OP focuses in the high-school arc and is essentially one of the funniest animes I ever watched. Theme also provided by the same seiyu.

Plus I have to mention the first seaon of School Rumble which is absolutely hilarious if understand the various Japanese pop culture references. Not to mention Scramble is a seriously awesome song.

Reactions: Lukes
nice song

childhood memories

the version we had was the same but in arabic :D

Reactions: Ken1988