Best Anime Opening (Song + Animation)

It is funny to see how different we feel about the music. Lots of variety.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
One Punch
Ah good choice:

Surprised no one mentioned this one either, though I wouldn't be surprised if many find it to be overrated:

It's clearly Neon Genesis Evangelion. Seriously the best song ever to drunkenly sing at karaoke!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE fan of Evangelion, but I don't understand why the opening is so highly regarded. The visuals are nice, and though the song is good it's not something I would listen to on its own.

Rurouni Kenshin [obviously I'm a big fan of Kenshin, look at my avatar] opening theme 2. This is the start of the "Kyoto Arc" , probably the best story in the series.

Most openings are quite excited/upbeat, this is probably the outlier, but it fits at least the beginning of the story.

Sheeeeeit... was gonna say Alice won the thread in the second post but then Simonka ups the ante with the trump card to end all trump cards.
Elfen Lied is unbeatable.

This doesn't really count since its not technically an anime OP, but if they ever did an animated version of Sayonara wo Oshiete with the original theme it would win by default...

Also, the animated opening to Daicon IV (anime convention in the 80's) by the guys who would go on to form GAINAX is also pretty stellar

I’d have to go with Parasyte: the Maxim. Serious anime about what it means to be human. The song is lyrically interesting and somehow blends auto tune and screamo, both genres that’s aren’t normally my cup of tea, into something beautiful.