Guest viewing is limited

Best food in Shinjuku?

RoboReptar

TAG Member
Reaction score
I’ll be in Shinjuku again, but one of the things I found lacking was solid restaurants in the area. I’m not talking high end Michelin starred restaurants, but a place I could sit down and have a good meal for a reasonable price.

Anyone have any suggestions? I’ve been to Kizuna Sushi and the sushi shop under the Gracery, both not spectacular. Rest of my eating has been outside of Shinjuku...

The red Shinjuku Love sculpture at Shinjuku I-Land - Stand in front of the statue, walk across the street to the opposite corner and go downstairs (I think it's the Shinjuku Nomura Building), there a couple of good restaurants right at the bottom of the escalator. Sorry I don't have the restaurant names at the moment, but one was just to the right at the bottom of the escalator and the other one was directly across from it.

BTW, I'm arriving in Shinjuku the same day as @RoboReptar ;)

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I’d also like to hear what you’d recommend. Always on the lookout for good eats :hungry: :)
I'd love to share some places but some I don't want to share easily, because some of these I go to all the time. But, probably not everyone likes the same stuff.

Anyway, I'm giving it some thought.

I already took @RoboReptar to one of my favorite spots in Kabukicho for a drink. :p

It's called Nabezo 鍋ぞう

Nabezo is a typical Japanese shabu shabu all you can eat chained restaurant.
Nothing special about it but nothing bad about it either.
Thanks for the correction.
I am aware that it’s a chain. I wasn’t aware this was only asking for secret joints. I like the fact that you can get a window seat and watch all the busy hustle as you eat awesome food.