Best ramen

Most recent one we liked was right around the corner from the west exit of Shinjuku Station.
Kitakata Ramen Bannai 1 Chome-2-8 Nishishinjuku, 新宿区 Tokyo 160-0023

Most recent one we liked was right around the corner from the west exit of Shinjuku Station.
Kitakata Ramen Bannai 1 Chome-2-8 Nishishinjuku, 新宿区 Tokyo 160-0023

No offense, but that's a chain shop. Ask any ramen worshipper and they will most likely tell you that's not even the best or most popular chain shop out there, which is 天下一品 (Tenka Ippin) and 一蘭 (Ichiran).

Individually run ramen shops are where you need to go to experiece true ramen.

In Shinjuku: (Look these up on google)

風雲児 (Fuunji) - best chicken broth tsukmen and crazy popular
ラーメン二郎 (Ramen Jiro) - a minor chain but they have crazy portion sizes
麵屋武蔵 (Menya Musashi) - refreshing shoyu ramen
凪 (Nagi) - top grade niiboshi soup ramen

Last edited:
Ya know, I was just funnin' when I made the post below, but upon reflection, I may have been on to something.
rasta-lion-emoji-jpg.6384

Wiktionary英語版での「funnin'」の意味

Who needs Tabelog when you have TAG?

View attachment 6630

or...

Immigration Advice,
Couples Counseling,
Divorce Consultation,
STD Information,
Housing Guidelines,
Home Repair,
Driving Tips,
Career Counseling,
Staring Strange Little Girls Hotline,
and much, much more!!!

TAG:
One Size Fits All!!!

View attachment 6632

Your One-Stop Life Services Shop

View attachment 6631

Reactions: AMcguyver
What about ?
Which is your favorite tonkotsu ramen?

Nagi is good. For tonkotsu go to 博多天神

Yeah, that shop in the back alley does serve up some good Hakata-style tonkotsu ramen.
The only problem is that so many ramen shops sell the same kind of ramen that I keep thinking
it's a nation-wide chain when it's not.

I prefer thick and oily tonkotsu soup over the lighter broths, but that's just my personal preference.

No offense, but that's a chain shop. Ask any ramen worshipper and they will most likely tell you that's not even the best or most popular chain shop out there, which is 天下一品 (Tenka Ippin) and 一蘭 (Ichiran).

Individually run ramen shops are where you need to go to experiece true ramen.

In Shinjuku: (Look these up on google)

風雲児 (Fuunji) - best chicken broth tsukmen and crazy popular
ラーメン二郎 (Ramen Jiro) - a minor chain but they have crazy portion sizes
麵屋武蔵 (Menya Musashi) - refreshing shoyu ramen
凪 (Nagi) - top grade niiboshi soup ramen

Yes I know it’s a chain shop, but when you’re starving and tired of walking around all day (and gone through years of ramen withdrawal), anything in Japan is gonna taste good (compared to the crap we get here in Hawaii) :LOL:

Thanks for these recommendations. Definitely want to try these on our next trip (and experience REAL ramen):)

Yes I know it’s a chain shop, but when you’re starving and tired of walking around all day (and gone through years of ramen withdrawal), anything in Japan is gonna taste good (compared to the crap we get here in Hawaii) :LOL:

Thanks for these recommendations. Definitely want to try these on our next trip (and experience REAL ramen):)

I guess age sometimes distorts reality, but I remember some pretty tasty Saimin.

The entire summer I spent picking pineapples on Lanai, I longed for some local Ewa Beach saimin. After a morning's surfing at Hau Bush, nothing quite hit the spot as a bowl.

Fo

For this years family vacation, I convinced the wife to go to Japan instead of Hawaii. Some parts of me thinks I am nuts... I really love Hawaii. I can demolish musibi there and masaladas...

Reactions: roots reggae
I guess age sometimes distorts reality, but I remember some pretty tasty Saimin.

The entire summer I spent picking pineapples on Lanai, I longed for some local Ewa Beach saimin. After a morning's surfing at Hau Bush, nothing quite hit the spot as a bowl.
I think your memories are in fact distorted. I gave saimin multiple chances. It sucked every time. That is why you never see it in Japan. We do have Spam Omusubi though.

Ippudo for that rich balance of oily/spicy broth ex. Akamaru ramen.

Ichiran spicy ramen is on point but I prefer Ippudo for broth.

Not a huge Tenkaippin fan. It is alright.

The mom and pop ramen shops are the best though.

Last edited:
Ippudo for that rich balance of oily/spicy broth ex. Akamaru ramen.

Ichiran spicy raman is on point but I prefer Ippudo foe broth.

Not a huge Tenkaippin fan. It is alright.

The mom and pop ramen shops are the best though.

Eating at a chain ramen shop is the same as buying instant noodles from the supermarket and making your own bowl. It fills you up but leaves you hollow inside.

Give me Fuunji tsukemen any day of the week.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Eating at a chain ramen shop is the same as buying instant noodles from the supermarket and making your own bowl. It fills you up but leaves you hollow inside.

Yep, pretty much.

Reactions: RIDER 00
Ichiran is delicious enough for me. I'm no ramen snob (or rather maybe that's the best i've ever had :unsure:)

I prefer tsukemen to ramen as well.

This place is in Shizuoka City but originally from Tokyo I think.

I like the Yuzu flavor noodles.

三ツ矢堂製麺の季節限定

Tenkaippin is basically Japanese carbonara

Ramen jiro super heavy but delicious. My favorite in the Shinjuku area is a toss up between Jiro (which even tho is a chain they are all different and do NOT taste the same) and musashi menya

Tenkaippin is basically Japanese carbonara

Ramen jiro super heavy but delicious. My favorite in the Shinjuku area is a toss up between Jiro (which even tho is a chain they are all different and do NOT taste the same) and musashi menya

More like Japanese carbonara on steroids! If you ever have a change to go to Muteppo (無鉄砲), you'll see what true tonkotsu carbonara ramen can be like. (I know, Tenkaippin is chicken based)

Jiro is so overly portioned that all the same kinds of brands taste the same to me now. It's the kind of ramen meant for college students who can only eat one meal a day and don't have to worry about calories.

Menya musashi is good, but I wish they'd have less seaweed sometime. It's collides with the sweet broth and makes it a lot sweeter than it needs to be.

Reactions: Out of action