Guest viewing is limited

Best site/store for buying PC parts

kingaddictx

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So my main PC recently died on me and I'm faced with the issue of finally having to get a new one. Now rather then just go to a store like yodobashi or bic and buy a pre-built desktop, I'm thinking of building a new one from scratch.

Having never really brought electronics from anywhere else other than yodobashi and Bic camera, I was hoping some of the tech savey members of the site could help me.

My questions are:

1) Is there a Japanese equivalent of sites like Newegg? where I can buy all the parts I need and have them shipped to my house.

2) Other then Akihabara, are there any other areas I should be looking for parts stores?

3) Are the mom and pop stores worth it? In the states you can normally get a much better deal going to smaller shops.

4) Any recommend shops for buying parts/cases etc.

Thanks in Advance! apologies if this should have been in the questions section.

I don’t buy parts online since I live damn near next to Akiba. I don’t know the latest online sites for pc parts...

My go-to shop is Ark. I always buy what I need from them... https://www.ark-pc.co.jp/ - they have a warehouse to pull stuff from if it’s a large item or if it’s not on the shelf.

I only go to bigger shops for for appliances and major stuff that Ark doesn’t carry.

kakaku.com - it's am aggregate price comparison site, you can get the lowest prices for nearly anything there.

For PC parts, Amazon is often near the lowest price - their returns policy is worth spending a few yen more.

Window shopping in Akihabara is part of the fun. You might just discover whatever you didn't think you need until you've seen them!

Back in the day I used to spend pretty much all my weekends in Akihabara. Those were the days when you couldn't buy a washing machine there like now, but you could buy all the parts for building yourself a washing machine.

Even now I probably visit once a month for a half day, but nowadays it's normally enough to just window shop, everything I really need I get from Amazon; it arrives latest the next day conveniently at my door.

kakaku.com - it's am aggregate price comparison site, you can get the lowest prices for nearly anything there.

For PC parts, Amazon is often near the lowest price - their returns policy is worth spending a few yen more.

I actually was looking for a TV and a bike a few weeks ago and came across this site. completely forgot about it! Thanks!

Window shopping in Akihabara is part of the fun. You might just discover whatever you didn't think you need until you've seen them!

Thats what im worried about! lol.

hmm water cooled led lined case with LCD display and built in sencha dispenser? Yes i NEED that! :shame::cat:(y)

All jokes aside thanks everyone!

Reactions: Another2011
Old thread but beneficial imho as the folks replying here have a lot more knowledge than me. I want/need to upgrade my motherboard and Graphics card but I'm totally lost as to what I'd doing. This what I currently have and it's got some bugs

Processor
:

AMD.png
AMD A10 Micro-6700T APU
4 threads - 1.2 GHz
Graphics Card
:

AMD.png
AMD Radeon R7 A10-7800
Unknown Specification
Memory
:

8 GB RAM
Random Access Memory

I'm clueless at this. I've had the machine about 6 years and I think this is all I need to do as I'm thinking of used (but high end) upgrades. My question is.......what's really good and where should I get it (worse yet...how do I install it)

Besides the little bugs (shutting down for no apparent reason) RDR2 is coming out next month on PC and my machine as it stands can't handle it. This PC is just for the internet and gaming (I not a PC gamer but .....)

Thanks for any help/advice....please.....keep the scarasm minimal as I'm a pinch serious about this :p

Updating your motherboard will mean also updating, CPU, RAM, as well, and the power supply may not be able to handle the new power requirements, so you're looking at a replacement more than an upgrade.

Reactions: just4fun
Updating your motherboard will mean also updating, CPU, RAM, as well, and the power supply may not be able to handle the new power requirements, so you're looking at a replacement more than an upgrade.
(sigh)

Do people actually still buy PC parts abroad? When I did it in early 90's it was because there were almost nothing locally available and if there was it cost you one kidney and a piece of your liver.

But yeah, six years old PC might be easier to replace than upgrade. I have about the same age machine and it started to have strange shutdowns. Took me while to figure out it was the power unit. Like @psd said the new graphic cards require so many watts the older PCs can't keep up anymore. So now I am limited to three monitors; horrendous! :eek::rolleyes:

Reactions: just4fun