Guest viewing is limited

Best things to buy in Japan

Tora no Ana must be living in your head rent free, haha.
Well, no.

As MrDuBois correctly mentioned it is/was THE chain for hard core manga fans.
Hard core meaning ink smudged fanzines with very small font type and obscure characters 😂

It's in my head for various reasons, too many to list here 🙇

Reactions: Alice
Tokyo Banana
There's a lot of great skincare items, especially sunscreen
Washi (stationary), I like Haibara in Nihombashi
JDM watches will be cheaper than trying to buy overseas. Tax free over 5000 yen

That Biore sunscreen really is great. Expensive as all hell, but far nicer than regular sunscreen.

That Biore sunscreen really is great. Expensive as all hell, but far nicer than regular sunscreen.
I don’t find it that expensive (women get into all kinds of expensive sunscreen like la Roche Posay) but if you consider the size of the bottles then maybe, yes. Still cheaper than other Japanese drugstore brand Anessa.

I also like skin aqua.

Oh I should probably add, if you are looking for anything skincare-related, the Miyamoto Kiyoshi stores have a pretty broad range of brands and depending on the store, you can buy duty-free.

Oh I should probably add, if you are looking for anything skincare-related, the Miyamoto Kiyoshi stores have a pretty broad range of brands and depending on the store, you can buy duty-free.
I second that store. Although, I’m guessing you are referring to Matsumoto Kiyoshi. I looked up that name on Google and got a urologist from a National hospital system here in the US (and seeing what people put in their reviews, a visit with Dr. Miyamoto could be quite helpful for some of the people here).

• Haha
Reactions: Alice and maikeru
Yea, Matsumoto Kiyoshi, I typed that when I was tired and don't think I double checked before posting.

Thread is now more relevant to me. I normally don't bring anything back but this time someone asked me to buy them a bottle of bourbon. I decided why not buy a cardboard box and bring some stuff home since I have a nice direct flight this time. Shoutout to daiso for selling a good amount of bubble wrap at 100 yen a pop.

Turns out theres bourbon that is only sold in Japan/Asia (in this case - wild turkey 12 year). Meanwhile the popular Japanese whiskies are generally cheaper to buy/find in the US. So to reiterate: I am bringing back American bourbon from Japan, and buying Japanese whiskey from the US... go figure.

Then I bought some umeshu and sake for the sake of having it. Then I filled the rest of the box with a shit load of random snacks from donki/daiso/konbini where the plan is to just hand out to anyone who wants some.

• Haha
Reactions: Alice and maikeru
Thread is now more relevant to me. I normally don't bring anything back but this time someone asked me to buy them a bottle of bourbon. I decided why not buy a cardboard box and bring some stuff home since I have a nice direct flight this time. Shoutout to daiso for selling a good amount of bubble wrap at 100 yen a pop.

Turns out theres bourbon that is only sold in Japan/Asia (in this case - wild turkey 12 year). Meanwhile the popular Japanese whiskies are generally cheaper to buy/find in the US. So to reiterate: I am bringing back American bourbon from Japan, and buying Japanese whiskey from the US... go figure.

Then I bought some umeshu and sake for the sake of having it. Then I filled the rest of the box with a shit load of random snacks from donki/daiso/konbini where the plan is to just hand out to anyone who wants some.
You can buy Kavalan whisky at Donki for JPY 5,000.7,000 if they still have it

Market price is double
You can resell it too 😂

Reactions: qcryp and Alice
Has anyone purchase duty free and brought it out recently. They give it in sealed bags but used to not check at the airport.

I heard they are starting to check now. I planned to buy and put it all in checked luggage. 7kg carry on there's nothing left given you already have a laptop etc.

Has anyone purchase duty free and brought it out recently. They give it in sealed bags but used to not check at the airport.

I heard they are starting to check now. I planned to buy and put it all in checked luggage. 7kg carry on there's nothing left given you already have a laptop etc.
Checked a big box a little over a week ago, full of tax free bags of foods and alcohol, never mentioned anything or was asked about anything

Sorry how does that work? Duty free is AFTER you’ve checked your luggage…?

Duty free is AFTER you’ve checked your luggage…?
There's been offsite duty free for years... dozens around the city. Lotte has a big duty free shop in Ginza, Laox has one in Akihabara, I think a few DonKis have duty free sections too .

Reactions: DireWolf98
Buy another suitcase at Muji (lots of local dominatrixes love their suitcases- light, made to last, and easy to handle… great for when you have to carry a lot of “luggage”) to fill it up.

Kuroneko Yamato has cheap international shipping deals, mail back anything you can’t fit in your luggage.

And find yourself a waifu.

There's been offsite duty free for years... dozens around the city. Lotte has a big duty free shop in Ginza, Laox has one in Akihabara, I think a few DonKis have duty free sections too .
Oh yes of course lol. I was thinking IN the airport.

Buy another suitcase at Muji (lots of local dominatrixes love their suitcases- light, made to last, and easy to handle… great for when you have to carry a lot of “luggage”) to fill it up.

Kuroneko Yamato has cheap international shipping deals, mail back anything you can’t fit in your luggage.

And find yourself a waifu.
I didn't know you could ship overseas with them, do you have any ideas of the pricing