Bitcoin / Bitcoin cash

ghoust.lansex

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi was just wondering if many of us are into bitcoin bitcoin cash?

What's your experiences? Any early adopters here?

Using Bitcoin, but got a copy of my bitcoin in bitcoin cash. (after the last split)

So far, so good. I've been using a combination of Blockchain and Bitflyer to handle Bitcoin transactions as well as exchanging Bitcoins for Cash and vice versa.

I'm not really using it for serious transactions, but some money for TAG comes in via our Bitcoin address which is easy to handle... and anonymous for people that want to stay that way.

I've only been doing this within 2017, but so far so good.

(note: bitcoin prices surged again; increasing my bitcoin value quite a bit. I extracted some cash out to be on the safe side.)

I'm new to the game and I play safe ... I HODL!

Haven't touched my BTC and BCC .. waiting for Nov to come and pass. Segwit2x/New York Agreement will probably signal at that time ... which could mean a another "Bit"coin.

I haven't even upgraded my mobile wallet. When the time comes I'll exchange my BCC for Monero (XMR).

My only tip with BTC is make sure you offer up a higher transaction fee or your transaction could get stuck in purgatory. (A stuck, unconfirmed transaction.)

It can be fixed, just an annoyance to get stuck in queue.

Reactions: RoboReptar
The Major Miners are switching to BCC since its more profitable Transaction fees will skyrocket on btc :( :( :(

Myfriend wrote http://www.electroncash.org/
It gets a bad rap on reddit somehow but its really secure I used it to get my bcc from copay works quite well too

https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin/search?q=electron cash

maybe one of the first two threads is the reason.

The Major Miners are switching to BCC since its more profitable Transaction fees will skyrocket on btc :( :( :(

from what I've seen the miners going back and forth so the hash rate fluctuates. miners are mining one coin for a couple of days then switch coins. but the difficulty algorithm of BCash is borked, after half a day BCash difficulty crashes so miners abandon BTC to mine BCash.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/hashrate-btc-bch.html#3m

i HODL at the moment, saving those transaction fees. but I really need to ditch my BCash.

Reactions: TAG Manager
Well eventually all these craziness and forking on btc will lead to its demise
Another hard fork is needed apparently as the number of transactions grow. I recommend buying bch if you are looking 2 3 years down the line.

Otherwise investing in btc is not a bad idea

My only tip with BTC is make sure you offer up a higher transaction fee or your transaction could get stuck in purgatory. (A stuck, unconfirmed transaction.)

The worst case I've encountered so far was a 7-day wait for verification on a single transaction. (This was waiting on receiving from another party...)
Seemed like the sender used the bare minimum for a transaction fee.. .

Otherwise investing in btc is not a bad idea
Certainly wish I had got into this a year or more ago. Just the little time I've spent with BTC, I've cashed out a good chunk of cash and now it's up again. I should have let it ride a bit longer. :mad:

Certainly wish I had got into this a year or more ago. Just the little time I've spent with BTC, I've cashed out a good chunk of cash and now it's up again. I should have let it ride a bit longer. :mad:
Its never too late. It will still grow. Until transactions starts failing and BCH will take over:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I've been doing some trades recently. I started with Ethereum in June and now I have a portfolio of various coins. This last couple days have been pretty good for me with Monaco, lightcoin and lisk getting some good gains.

I hold Bitcoin, Ripple and Etherum (50/10/40%)

I basically throw a few hundred dollars in on big dips and let it grow. I have faith in the technology honestly.

Reactions: Rebeccalee
Very hard to understand what you guys are talking about for a techno-retard like me , but I still can't get it... all the system basically relies on a bunch of "miners" everywhere (mostly China I guess) to solve some kind of riddles to get your transactions accepted ? How sustainable is that ?

Reactions: cabbie
Very hard to understand what you guys are talking about for a techno-retard like me , but I still can't get it... all the system basically relies on a bunch of "miners" everywhere (mostly China I guess) to solve some kind of riddles to get your transactions accepted ? How sustainable is that ?

I think it's better if you go dig up some articles about the various cryptocurrencies in play these days and how they are mined. I don't have any serious investment in any of them, but I made a pretty good chunk of real money since I got into it. It's also a very easy way to receive payments without having to use the traditional banking networks and all the red tape that goes with that.

Reactions: Frenchy
I think it's better if you go dig up some articles about the various cryptocurrencies in play these days and how they are mined. I don't have any serious investment in any of them, but I made a pretty good chunk of real money since I got into it. It's also a very easy way to receive payments without having to use the traditional banking networks and all the red tape that goes with that.
Ok, I'm more and more intrigued by that stuff . Not sure whether it's just a bubble or something more tangible.

Not sure whether it's just a bubble or something more tangible.
Anything is possible... but there are more places accepting bitcoin or being used for transactions which drives the demand up.
There are ones out there that have failed or shutdown.

all the system basically relies on a bunch of "miners" everywhere (mostly China I guess) to solve some kind of riddles to get your transactions accepted ? How sustainable is that ?

if the miners suddenly vanish Bitcoin (and other crypto currencies) will rely on the computing power of the common users ... like in the old days ...

The common user lost out when the miners arrived. The miners had money and they developed custom ASICs that optimized the calculations, the miners used low cost power offsetting the farming costs, and the miners don't just have one machine mining ... they have literally hundreds/thousands.

the miners won't easily walkout though each block they mine / solve is worth ~20k USD nowadays.

if the miners suddenly vanish Bitcoin (and other crypto currencies) will rely on the computing power of the common users ... like in the old days ...

The common user lost out when the miners arrived. The miners had money and they developed custom ASICs that optimized the calculations, the miners used low cost power offsetting the farming costs, and the miners don't just have one machine mining ... they have literally hundreds/thousands.

the miners won't easily walkout though each block they mine / solve is worth ~20k USD nowadays.

Yes... unless the value of the BTC crashes then it won't be that profitable for them and (if I understood well) by then it would be way too complicated for the non-miners to solve each new block. But again I'm probably just rambling about stuff I know nothing about (a bit like at my job in fact :D)

Heads up BTC Reached 510000jpy today

Well during the tulip mania in Amsterdam a few centuries ago a single bulb reached the price of a house or so I read somewhere , so maybe there is still room for further increase on the BTC too...

Reactions: MikeH and Ddddd
Well during the tulip mania in Amsterdam a few centuries ago a single bulb reached the price of a house or so I read somewhere , so maybe there is still room for further increase on the BTC too...
I remember hearing about this from crash course

Reactions: Frenchy
I am EXTREMELY excited about this technology and will probably be investing heavily into this.