Bitcoin / Bitcoin cash

Hello fellow TAG user I want to start investing into Bitcoin, anyone here that can give me good advise on what needs to be done like any good app to use in able to buy (or sell) Bitcoin ? I tried Wirex but seems like their service was temporarily suspended. I am particularly interested in buying ethereum and BTC and hope that my hard earned money will earn after 1 or 2 years .I plan to invest for this Ethereum/BTC crypto currency for at least 1 year and hope the rate will skyrocketed by that time. Appreciate your reply in advance . Thank you

Coinbase is what I’m going to use. I’m just waiting on the last few steps of verification and I can start buying and selling. Coinbase works for me since all my accounts are in the USA. You will need to have your VPN on for it to recognize that you’re in the USA though. Otherwise, you will not be able to buy. You may not have that issue if you use a Japanese bank. It just varies and it takes time to get verified so it’s not quick and easy.

I did have the same idea at first, but I took a deeper dive before I started getting into it. I started around the $3,800 USD mark, it's turned out quite well so far.
Ofc, wish I had put a little more into at that time... but certainly not complaining. Now, to watch and see what happens and be ready to pull some out if it does drop.
And when it will shut down, it will go so fast, it will be awesome to see that, like a tsunami or something, sure that a lot will lost very hard, i saw that already, could be divise by 10 in one night.

Sincerely, i even wish you to become multi-billionaire in 2018 bro :)

And same for Eveyone here also Ladies, and Gents.. If that you are really miss in your life..

Coinbase is what I’m going to use. I’m just waiting on the last few steps of verification and I can start buying and selling. Coinbase works for me since all my accounts are in the USA. You will need to have your VPN on for it to recognize that you’re in the USA though. Otherwise, you will not be able to buy. You may not have that issue if you use a Japanese bank. It just varies and it takes time to get verified so it’s not quick and easy.

Hi ,

I'm located in Japan and if possible I prefer not to use VPN .I actually installed Coinbase app but as you said it detected that I am not in the US so if you can suggest a good platform to use in Japan that supports English language will be very much appreciated

Thanks , very much for you advise

I got Coinbase here in April. I live in Japan but I still have a California Drivers License. I had to send them a picture of my I.D and they activated my account a few minutes later.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you myself included hate themselves for not buying bitcoin when it was around 0.65-1.00 USD?

If that's how you feel for any of your investments you have a long road ahead of you. :eek::D

Reactions: JaquesAfrog
Hi ,

I'm located in Japan and if possible I prefer not to use VPN .I actually installed Coinbase app but as you said it detected that I am not in the US so if you can suggest a good platform to use in Japan that supports English language will be very much appreciated

Thanks , very much for you advise

You can use bitflyer, but I think you also need a Japanese address and maybe bank as well. I knew it wouldn't work for me so I had to search other options.

Reactions: Mysteryman
Also, the whole process takes really long. I'm still waiting on my deposit to show up so I can place a buy. Granted, my account was processed and approved on Thursday so Friday I added the deposit. I guess tomorrow, it won't be pending. Since then, it's moved about $3000 from the lowest during that time. So still losing out. :cry:

With Bitflyer the lowest amount to buy is .01%. This puts the entry point for investment at 120,000 yen. I predict they will lower this next year but it may give a few months at the price gradually increasing.

You can use bitflyer, but I think you also need a Japanese address and maybe bank as well. I knew it wouldn't work for me so I had to search other options.

Let me check bitflyer and coincheck. Thank you very much

With Bitflyer the lowest amount to buy is .01%. This puts the entry point for investment at 120,000 yen. I predict they will lower this next year but it may give a few months at the price gradually increasing.

Sorry, just to double check what you said here. Do you actually mean 0.01% or 0.01 BTC?

0.01 BTC is actually about 13,000 yen at the time of this post.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you myself included hate themselves for not buying bitcoin when it was around 0.65-1.00 USD?
I bought at 280 USD :)

Big dip and swing back up the last 24 hours had me sweating, gotta love this market!

Bitcoin was never meant to be an investment. It was started to be an alternative to the fiat currencies, to avoid the banking industry and government regulation. It has turned into exactly what it wasn't supposed to be. Now that it has everyone's attention... people are going to lose. Good luck to those that are holding on to it.

Bitcoin was never meant to be an investment. It was started to be an alternative to the fiat currencies, to avoid the banking industry and government regulation. It has turned into exactly what it wasn't supposed to be. Now that it has everyone's attention... people are going to lose. Good luck to those that are holding on to it.

You’re right, that’s why Monero & Bitcoin cash exist, to be currencies with low fees and in the case of Monero, anonymous transactions. Bitcoin itself is a old shitty tech as of now but all the alternate coins using block chain technology are the future of cloud computing, currency exchange, proof of work, proof of stake and gaming transactions. Golem, RenderToken, EOS, Ripple, Stellar, Enjin, Civic, all of these are coins with extremely practical use, and as long as Bitcoin is the store of value of choice it will be stable and possible grow in price.

A lot of people don’t understand the tech behind these coins but it doesn’t mean it’s some random bubble that’s going to pop. BlockchIn tech will continue to grow and make strides.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I don't see much economic value in Bitcoin. It's a technologically interesting achievement ensuring transparent anonymity, but at best artificial gold. The XRP ledger might eliminate the wholesale banking in the future, but Ripple is a bridge currency that won't be used for retail payments. Buying Ripple seems to me buying a stock without dividends. At the end of the day, a large chunk of "money" is liquidity arranged on credit against whatever assets you hold, not cash.....

Honestly though I feel I miss the opportunity :yawn:

Reactions: AliceInWonderland