Guest viewing is limited

Bliss Out, Shinjuku Happening Bar

My gf and I are greenhorns in this, and we are planning to visit Bliss Out out of curiosity. As we are not warmed up to the idea of having sex with strangers, my question would be what are the fun things I can do with her as a couple at Bliss Out? Or is it just a join the crowd or just sit back kind of place? If yes, what would be a better recommended place? TIA

At BO there is a "couples only" room to which you can retire for some horizontal (or whatever) fun. Others are not allowed to try to join or otherwise interact with you in that room. There may be other amorous couples sharing the room with you and other customers may be watching you through little windows provided for the purpose, but otherwise it is as private as doing it at home.

Other HBs typiclly have similar set- ups for couples.

In the common room you can expect lots of single guys to be nosing around your gf hoping to get something going with her, but it tends to be low pressure, friendly and polite (you are still in Japan after all.

-Ww

Reactions: Solong
Questions for you who have been to 9259, BO and other places -

I have a lady friend in her late 40s/early 50s who is keen to go to one of these places in Tokyo. She is familiar with Japanese-only places, but not ones for gaijin, and she wants to go to one. She has experience of some of these places in Yokohama but doesn't live there any more.

Have you seen slightly older women where she would not be uncomfortable at her age? She is pretty sexy just a little older.

Another question - I have not been to these places - does everyone walk around naked, or can one wear clothes, and ladies, high heels, etc.?

I have been to HBs in Tokyo, but I need to know about Yokohama ones now - so maybe your lady and I could exchange information.
Maybe I should start a thread asking about Yokohama.

I went to Silk and Sleeping beauty a number of times as a single woman about 5 years ago , although I went briefly to Bliss Out with another woman a couple of years ago.

I remember the set up better for Silk /bliss Out than SB. I remember wearing street clothes in the bar area with shoes - although a couple if times I changed into Cosplay outfits that were there.
When we went down to the playroom, that when you took off your shoes - and had a shower, put on a robe etc.

I never found it was a hassle - even though the guys did start circling like sharks at some points. There is pretty strong etiquette, and the regulars were pretty protective of that... And I'm pretty dominant and can look after myself even if I look more innocent.

I remember when I was playing with a group of people and a random guy decided that he could just jump in without asking. I just stopped things and told him off and the other guys thought I was great.

Sleeping beauty - I don't remember the set up so well... But I am thinking that I might go back there with my FWB because it's so big.
Of course - it's a lot more expensive than others, which wasn't something I had to worry about as a single woman.

Oh and I have been figuring out prices/ discounts of some of the HB, so I'll post that up here if it would help folks:)

SB seems to have a number of possible discounts. I just wonder if they let you use them all together:D

I have been to HBs in Tokyo, but I need to know about Yokohama ones now - so maybe your lady and I could exchange information.
Maybe I should start a thread asking about Yokohama.

I went to Silk and Sleeping beauty a number of times as a single woman about 5 years ago , although I went briefly to Bliss Out with another woman a couple of years ago.

I remember the set up better for Silk /bliss Out than SB. I remember wearing street clothes in the bar area with shoes - although a couple if times I changed into Cosplay outfits that were there.
When we went down to the playroom, that when you took off your shoes - and had a shower, put on a robe etc.

I never found it was a hassle - even though the guys did start circling like sharks at some points. There is pretty strong etiquette, and the regulars were pretty protective of that... And I'm pretty dominant and can look after myself even if I look more innocent.

I remember when I was playing with a group of people and a random guy decided that he could just jump in without asking. I just stopped things and told him off and the other guys thought I was great.

Sleeping beauty - I don't remember the set up so well... But I am thinking that I might go back there with my FWB because it's so big.
Of course - it's a lot more expensive than others, which wasn't something I had to worry about as a single woman.

You must take your shoes off, before entering Bliss Out. It's been a while, but I think Silk (previous bar at the same location) had the same rule. I like this, and it's more hygienic than in the West. But oddly, I can't be sure about the old Silk. Maybe my memory is mixing the old and new place, at the same location. However, there were 2 Silks, and that's going way back. The much older Silk, that was also in Shinjuku, but different location than Bliss Out/Silk, I think you could walk in with your shoes. It's when you went upstairs in the play area, that you had to take your shoes off and shower.

At the older Silk, different location and where the play room was upstairs, I do remember their tended to be circles. It was some type of accepted club practice and habit, but polite and safe. It was quite interesting. They would make a circle and watch. It had an almost Zen like surreal quality to it, as if monks studying a performance. The Silk, which was located in the same place as Bliss Out, would occasionally have circles but not as much. At Bliss Out now, this is quite rare.

Anyway, members at the HBs, abide by the rules or get banned. There is no being aggressive with women, causing trouble, arguing, or fighting. People are usually very polite. Because it's expensive for men to get in, they are usually of a higher or gentler quality. A man might ask to join a couple or woman, before entering a play room, but it's up to the couple or woman if they will allow him to join.

Last edited:
Yes... The shoes thing is a bit hazy.

I was thinking of the not so old Silk, where the playrooms were down stairs, and I had a memory of taking shoes off at the bottom of the spiral staircase down to the playroom area - but I could very well be mistaken.

I don't particularly like high heels, and am very happy to be barefoot - and very much like the shoes off part of Japan so I really wouldn't have thought much one way or another.

Last edited:
Reactions: VenusHoshii
Yes I did like the guys at the happening bar - very polite, very courteous.
As they said - women here are queens.

And seeing I was a single woman - and a blond westerner - and was fun and enjoying myself they certainly weren't going to let some random arsehole scare me off:D

Last edited:
At BO there is a "couples only" room to which you can retire for some horizontal (or whatever) fun. Others are not allowed to try to join or otherwise interact with you in that room. There may be other amorous couples sharing the room with you and other customers may be watching you through little windows provided for the purpose, but otherwise it is as private as doing it at home.

Other HBs typiclly have similar set- ups for couples.

In the common room you can expect lots of single guys to be nosing around your gf hoping to get something going with her, but it tends to be low pressure, friendly and polite (you are still in Japan after all.

-Ww

Thanks for your input. This couples room you speak off, is it a 1 pair of couple only kind of room, or many couples and no singles kind of room?

At the risk of sounding kinky, she likes doing it with heels on all the time, and I like doing it with her that way. Hope we can find a place for that, and her age.

And it's not kinky.

I think her age should be fine. I remember seeing older women.

The heels one is trickier. I don't know if you'll get that. After all you are supposed to take your shoes off in houses and love hotels too.

How about she buys a new pair of heels to wear inside the HB - and bring them in their box to change into there.
Maybe high heel slippers would work.

And it's not kinky;)

I'm currently thinking about figuring out some leather armbands/gauntlets for my FWB to wear at a HB to cover up his tattoos.
That's kinky. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: VenusHoshii
So much useful information here. Thanks a ton! Wife and I are in Japan, wrapping up a 6 week trip with 5 nights in Tokyo next week. We're hoping to either hit up a CK or HB, figuring we'd head to whichever we had the best shot of getting. We speak minimal Japanese unfortunately (though I know my hiragana, go figure!).

Oh, and by the way, if any one was thinking of going to Bliss Out or Olive 21 on Saturday the 25th (or that Friday), and want to maybe get together and see if we click, let us know. We're both 39, fit, attractive, and easy going. She's bi-friendly.

Anybody tried the afternoon happening bar scene? Any recommendations?
I have only visited HB's at night. Customer traffic seems pretty random - You can get a crazy Monday night and dead quiet Saturday night. I wondering if the afternoon trade is working and worth a visit.

@Venus - plenty of 40 -50 year olds in this scene. No age barrier in my experience. Maybe your friend needs to bring some indoor high heels -- clean and fresh out of the box.

Had our first Bliss Out experience last Friday, thanks to all the info here! The owner was very kind and informative, my husband speaks Japanese so they chatted a bit (we are Southeast Asian couple).

I was a bit disappointed because there were not many people, only a young man and a woman chatting to each other (the owner said they were not a couple). Husband wasn't very interested with the woman so we decided to head to the playroom just the two of us.

Turned out that the young man followed us downstairs, probably wanted to watch us. My husband asked him to join in and the three of us had good time together. In the end, my husband and I were quite happy with the experience.

The owner said that for afternoon time, the best time to visit is on Wednesday or weekends. My husband and I can't really visit at night so hopefully there will be more people in our next afternoon visit.

Reactions: Wwanderer and namae
Maybe this summer heat is deterring customers...??? It is taking the edge of my sex drive :)
This summer is getting too hot! I really hope that more people will come in the day time though. The man that spent the time with us was a bit too young for my taste, but he was polite and really great :p

Reactions: Wwanderer and namae
As I just mentioned in a post in another thread, on both of my two afternoon visits to BO, I have found the "crowd" to be smaller but more active...spending a much larger fraction of their time in the play rooms.

-Ww

Reactions: uluvmeiluvu
Speaking of the topic, Bliss Out is hosting an afternoon event this Saturday - food and shibari. My wife and I will be attending, give us a shout if anyone else plans to be there!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am embarrassed to admit that I was not able to locate Bliss Out today despite walking for approximately 3 hours in the vicinity. Near the end of my walk, there were a few touts who began to suspiciously look at me.

Is there anyone who plans to visit Bliss Out in the afternoon- tomorrow or the day after that? Another friend (M) and I (M) are interested in visiting BO and it will be awesome if someone could join us on that day or atleast point in the correct direction.

To find BO, go to the front entrance of the Robot Restaurant and call BO (03-6457-6169) for terminal guidance; it is very nearby to the RR. If you have too much trouble following their directions, a member of the staff may even come out on the street to help you find the place. Alternatively, consult their website access info (http://www.bliss-out.jp/access_english.html).

-Ww

<edited per request - Meiji>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: a_gaijin
Alternatively, consult their website access info (http://www.bliss-out.jp/access_english.html). There is no sign or other indication of the place at street level. You have to go down an unmarked staircase off the street and ring a doorbell on the B1 level.

Both the English language and the Japanese language site just refer to Kabukicho 1-chome, and says to call when you get to the Kabukicho district.

Both the English language and the Japanese language site just refer to Kabukicho 1-chome, and says to call when you get to the Kabukicho district.

When you do, they tell you to go to the Robot Restaurant and call back! At least that was my experience. So I was shorting out step #1 in their access process.

-Ww