Guest viewing is limited

Closed Block Threads I'm Not Interested In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegger

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.
Big thanks as always for the site, and your efforts.

I wonder if it is possible to add a check box / button to threads I'm not interested in so they don't appear in the New Posts list. (Kind of a "dont follow this thread setting)

I'm finding that if I don't log on for a few days then I get masses of new posts and I wind up clearing them all as i have no time to read them.

No biggie, just and idea.

I wonder if it is possible to add a check box / button to threads I'm not interested in so they don't appear in the New Posts list. (Kind of a "dont follow this thread setting)

It's not hard to do so; will consider it.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Such a feature would have been a godsend during the TJB era! :D

I'd almost certainly use it, but a downside is that a thread which was once uninteresting can sometimes develop into a fascinating discussion, typically via thread drift, but that is not an argument against having the option, obviously.

-Ww

Such a feature would have been a godsend during the TJB era! :D

I'd almost certainly use it, but a downside is that a thread which was once uninteresting can sometimes develop into a fascinating discussion, typically via thread drift, but that is not an argument against having the option, obviously.

-Ww

I'm not particularly interested in having this function - but I see the point in some cases.

Would you be more interested if I told you that it would help me resist writing redundant 3000 word posts critiquing PUA/nampa!? :D

-Ww

All content serves a purpose. It may not be for everyone but do you know that TJB's posts, for example, drew a large mass of people that came back to read his works?

Anyway, there are people out there searching for just about anything and it's helps to hook people in. :)

do you know that TJB's posts, for example, drew a large mass of people that came back to read his works?

Actually I read them and sometimes replied for quite a long time...but eventually drifted away. I was mostly joking re TJB (thus the :D at the end of that line), but anyway, I probably would use it some, mostly just to uncluttered browsing the site in various ways.

-Ww

I would love this! Have to work through so many posts.

I dont usually post in threads i have no interest in anyway so it wouldn't have negative effects.

I would love this! Have to work through so many posts.

I dont usually post in threads i have no interest in anyway so it wouldn't have negative effects.

So, you're okay with having to go in and 'click' ignore thread for every thread that you may not be interested in?

(and for us, lots of posts is both good and bad, but mostly good... )

So, you're okay with having to go in and 'click' ignore thread for every thread that you may not be interested in?

(and for us, lots of posts is both good and bad, but mostly good... )
Yeah sure. Some stuff like the "akihabara techical buys" and "driving in japan" i could check off immediately. Others i might check if i find them getting dull.

Checking is a lot easier than opening them the whole time.

Reactions: just4fun
Yeah sure. Some stuff like the "akihabara techical buys" and "driving in japan" i could check off immediately. Others i might check if i find them getting dull.

Checking is a lot easier than opening them the whole time.
Thanks for your feedback. ;)

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Status
Not open for further replies.