Guest viewing is limited

Boycott the TSA & Air Travel - My Body Belongs to Me!

Karen

Mistress of the Night
Executive Leadership
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I have clearly decided that I will not be traveling to America anytime soon. That also means I won't be spending money on airline tickets and other things I would normally do for a trip to America. (Rental Car, Shopping, Food, etc.)

The TSA has gone too far with their latest molest-a-thon starting with the AIT scanners, being able to see clear details of any man, woman or child. As most of you are aware, if decide to skip the scanner and go for the perverted feel-up, you will get ostracized by the TSA workers because you did not want to submit to the body scan.

Noticed, I said 'submit'? You have a choice to 'submit' yourself to harmful radiation and also expose yourself unwillingly to some stranger in some monitoring room. Regardless if he knows you are or not, it totally disgusts me that I'm freely being stripped so that I may exercise my RIGHT to fly on a commercial aircraft.

It is a RIGHT after all! I do not think anyone young or old should have to endure the radiation or the perverted feel-up that certainly makes you feel like a terrorist if you didn't already feel like one before making it that far.

What is even worse, this molestation of air travelers will breach the walls of the U.S. and find it's way across the ocean to neighboring countries that offer flights to the U.S. I say we reject all flights to and from the U.S. to make a point to the American government that not everyone is a terrorist and those that are, will find a way to do what they wish while the rest of us are still losing our rights and privacy for the 'common' good.

If people begin to boycott air travel as a whole, the Airlines would be forced to put additional pressure on the government to change the way it does things. As someone else wrote, somewhere, the current system is 'terrorist centric' not 'air traveler centric'. Every single living soul is absolutely guilty until you radiate yourself or allow the legalized version of a sexual assault.

The people who will rebut with common sayings such as "If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about!!" - That's not the point! YOU may be okay with giving up basic rights and expectation of some privacy, but I would believe that most of the air traveling public would disagree with you. Anyone that would agree with that statement, is just one of those people standing behind you in along security queue who just wants to get through the line as fast as possible and each time someone 'opts-out', it causes another delay.

Congratulations! You guys have let the terrorists win! We're losing our own basic freedoms because some religious extremists in some cave/tent in the middle-east decided that they did not like how live our lives in the western world. They don't want us to have these freedoms and they are slowly having them eroded, successfully, by our own governments.

Don't forget to put your tinfoil hat on. I'm sure that all of the INFOSEC monitors don't like what I'm posting. (oh, and don't give me sass over the card INFOSEC, it's a generic term.)

I long for the day that we can return to being peaceful with freedoms we used to enjoy some 10-15 years ago. Things really started to go into the crapper in the late 1990's. Things went even further south after 9/11...

Glad I didn't plan on going to America for Christmas shopping. I'll keep all of my spending in Japan.

~K~

Nice write up there Karen. There was a new article floating around today about how the TSA employees feel 'abused' because of the onslaught of public pushback in the form of phyiscal, verbal and mental abuse. Those TSA peopel should place the blame squarely on the shoulders of their employer who is putting them in the position of being a pervert, molester and socio-degenerate.

I agree with the statement about how the system is catered for terrorists and not for real air travelers trying to get somewhere. It is completely backwards...

Very interesting viewpoint from abroad. I must say, I do agreed with you. The scary part of this entire TSA flap, is that a vast majority of the public approve of such security measures in the name of safety.

Very interesting viewpoint from abroad. I must say, I do agreed with you. The scary part of this entire TSA flap, is that a vast majority of the public approve of such security measures in the name of safety.

I am all for 'secure' flying, but things have just gone too far. All these new restrictions just encourage me not to travel. Going on vacation, which requires leaving Japan, is just not an option right now. It's just becoming too much of a hassle.

For now, I'm perfectly happy staying within Japan's borders. At least we can freely travel with much more ease inside this country.

How more years will countries live in fear? Probably the rest of our current lifetimes at the rate things are going.

-Eliah

Nice write up there Karen. There was a new article floating around today about how the TSA employees feel 'abused' because of the onslaught of public pushback in the form of phyiscal, verbal and mental abuse. Those TSA peopel should place the blame squarely on the shoulders of their employer who is putting them in the position of being a pervert, molester and socio-degenerate.

I agree with the statement about how the system is catered for terrorists and not for real air travelers trying to get somewhere. It is completely backwards...

Hello, everyone! My name is Estelle Edwards, and I am a resident of Bohemia, LI, New York. I started a Meetup group to protest the TSA. It is basically a tool to launch an idea and spread the word. Please tell others about it by referring them to the below link. The homepage(s) of this Meetup group has all the details:

http://www.meetup.com/National-Boycott-of-Airline-Travel-2011/

In some respects, the air travel industry is an extension of the hospitality industry: i.e., hotels, motels, restaurants. TSA does not belong. Period. They do not have customer service skills, or even empathy for that matter. These are people who should be working in correctional facilities. Anyway, the Meetup's goal is to organize a massive, cohesive nationwide boycott of all air travel. It will begin before or by the week of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of 2011. SPREAD THE WORD, PLEASE.

On other fronts.....
January 6, 2011 - an Anti-TSA Symposium will be held at the nation's capitol [D.C.] The head of the Libertarian Party, and, I believe, Ralph Nader, will be there. If you live in or around the D.C. area, please go if you can, as they want as many people to show up as possible. For more details on the exact location or venue, contact Kate Hanni of Flyers' Rights: Kate@FlyersRights.org

Mods: I'll let Estelle's message remain. Please don't make any changes to this thread.

Everything looks legit.

-Eliah

Yeah, sorry, the TSA is like the local bully with too much power.

America is no longer a 'free' country in the sense of how it was founded.

It's a shame.

Interesting concept... wonder if it will get off the ground?

I'm not traveling and neither is anyone I know from here or in the states. Maybe bad timing. We'll see, I guess.

~K~