Guest viewing is limited

Bullying Cultures in Japan vs South Korea vs China/Taiwan/HongKong vs USA vs Europe

SEXGOD

D.EVILGOD V-ORIGIN VHC V-CORES V-RPGS V-SEXGODS
Reaction score
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...uees-face-menace-school-bullies/#.WQCcTVN95E5

Just read an article where it says Fukushima child evacuees are being bullied in schools.

I have been a fan of J-dramas and K-dramas for many years. Take the case of the most famous J-drama Hanzawa Naoki which showcases the bullying cultures in Japan working environment for adults.

I also watched many US Hollywood High School Movies about High School Teenagers bullying each others and especially the weak ones all the time.

How's the bullying cultures in Japan like compared to South Korea?

How are the bullying cultures in USA/Europe like compared to China/Taiwan/HongKong?

Let's have a most sensible, most detached observations diss-cuss-ions here.

Reactions: Yuriko
Bullying happens in every country.

I think in Japan many teachers encourage it (at least people claim that some teachers encourage it here to make the rest of the class feel more united if they can shut out and bully one person) and that was certainly not the case in my country, but the teachers attempts certainly didn't stop the bullies and some weaker teachers kind of ignored the bullying because they knew if they tried to stop it, THEY would be the ones to get bullied instead.

I dont know about Japan vs Korea but people in Korea seem more uptight and desperate to fit in than here.

Bullying happens in every country.

I think in Japan many teachers encourage it (at least people claim that some teachers encourage it here to make the rest of the class feel more united if they can shut out and bully one person) and that was certainly not the case in my country, but the teachers attempts certainly didn't stop the bullies and some weaker teachers kind of ignored the bullying because they knew if they tried to stop it, THEY would be the ones to get bullied instead.

I dont know about Japan vs Korea but people in Korea seem more uptight and desperate to fit in than here.
fighting in schools are common things but I've never seen bullying in my home country. the concept has always been strange and disgusting to me. uniting against one classmate is cowardice.
the only times I've seen the class unite in school it was against the teacher or the system. and that's a thing I can't imagine in Japan.

Indeed it is...and even worse things.

-Ww
especially as the target is usually one of those who don't react and fight back.

my wife has always been afraid of the ijime risk for my son in Japan and uses it as a reason not to move back there as many of the half children experience it. but I'm sure he'll be OK as he grew up in my country where even the weakest would react the best way he can. that may be one of the reasons the ijime phenomenon doesn't exist here.

my wife has always been afraid of the ijime risk for my son in Japan and uses it as a reason not to move back there as many of the half children experience it.

There are definitely bullying in Japan. If we are not kidding ourselves we acknowledge there are bullying in every country in the world as kids are cruel if you don't raise them up not to be.

So also inside every country there are areas and/or schools that are better than the others. And in the end it comes down to the parents, how do they react if someone tells them their kid has been bullying.

Of course your wife can have the bullying as a reason not to move back if she doesn't like the idea as even in Japan there are schools were kids get pushed around at recess and have their cell phones stolen. And then there are schools were any disturbance is nipped at bud by the teachers and parents. And it doesn't even matter what is your skin colour as the first example was from all local kids school and the second one from a school with bunch of white and half kids thrown in the mix.

There are definitely bullying in Japan. If we are not kidding ourselves we acknowledge there are bullying in every country in the world as kids are cruel if you don't raise them up not to be.

So also inside every country there are areas and/or schools that are better than the others. And in the end it comes down to the parents, how do they react if someone tells them their kid has been bullying.

Of course your wife can have the bullying as a reason not to move back if she doesn't like the idea as even in Japan there are schools were kids get pushed around at recess and have their cell phones stolen. And then there are schools were any disturbance is nipped at bud by the teachers and parents. And it doesn't even matter what is your skin colour as the first example was from all local kids school and the second one from a school with bunch of white and half kids thrown in the mix.
I'm sure it doesn't exist in many countries. the way it is in Japan is very cultural. I wouldn't even know how to translate the word "ijime" in my native language.

To Sexgod: Are you the same person? I mean, you make sense now...
I'm sure it doesn't exist in many countries. the way it is in Japan is very cultural. I wouldn't even know how to translate the word "ijime" in my native language.
Then maybe you dont know enough your native language... I would be surprised if there is even one country where it doesnt happen, in whatever shape or form

Then I think you should make a scientific research paper about that as the whole other world thinks it exists in every country and is worried about that fact.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2747624/
this article isn't the world and the world contains a lot more than 40 countries. all the countries mentioned in the article are developed or western countries. so may be it's a modern world disease ?

this article isn't the world and the world contains a lot more than 40 countries. all the countries mentioned in the article are developed or western countries. so may be it's a modern world disease ?

Yeah, it must be so much better in the developing countries. The noble savage lives strong.

Please feel free to submit your own research paper or anything you can find in the Big Old Internet that shows there is one country in the world that has no bullying.

Yeah, it must be so much better in the developing countries. The noble savage lives strong.

Please feel free to submit your own research paper or anything you can find in the Big Old Internet that shows there is one country in the world that has no bullying.
ok then let's all discuss this subject seriously when we'll have researched about the whole word.

meanwhile I'm just saying the concept of ijime as it is in Japan isn't something I've seen of heard about in my home country.

in the Vatican state maybe it doesnt happen. But They produce few kids there :)

ok then let's all discuss this subject seriously when we'll have researched about the whole word.

meanwhile I'm just saying the concept of ijime as it is in Japan isn't something I've seen of heard about in my home country.

I am still not sure if you are trolling or being serious here. If you are not willing to disclose your home country then please go and google yourself "bullying statistics in myhomecountry" and let us know you found a research paper saying it is 0% and we leave it there.

in the Vatican state maybe it doesnt happen. But They produce few kids there :)
maybe we don't have the same definition of ijime. I'm not talking about one kid being mean to one kid, I'm talking about a big group or class uniting against a kid because he's weak or introvert.
did you experience that in France ? how was it ?

I am still not sure if you are trolling or being serious here. If you are not willing to disclose your home country then please go and google yourself "bullying statistics in myhomecountry" and let us know you found a research paper saying it is 0% and we leave it there.
I've decided to change my mind and agree with you so I won't be called a troll.

That is frightening and sad to even contemplate! :(

-Ww

Try eating kimchi every day and see what it does. Then make a korean go cold turkey without it for a day. I am told its ww3. I've shot some koreans for AV...always a challenge. Of course they were korean americans.

maybe we don't have the same definition of ijime. I'm not talking about one kid being mean to one kid, I'm talking about a big group or class uniting against a kid because he's weak or introvert.

yes, i was the boss of the bullying group and we were bullying innocent girls during the "recreation" which Im too lazy to find the equivalent in english right now . It was cool! :wacky:

Reactions: MikeH
yes, i was the boss of the bullying group and we were bullying innocent girls during the "recreation" which Im too lazy to find the equivalent in english right now . It was cool! :wacky:
Ok, seriously, i was bullied cause I had good grades. And i was too ashamed because...
anyway, It wasnt fun at all.

You are talking about group exclusion/peer isolation which is just one form of ijime or bullying. That might be more prevalent in Japan than in other countries although in most of the bullying cases studies in not the whole world research I presented other students were either taking part or watching.

I've decided to change my mind and agree with you so I won't be called a troll.

But if you were a troll you would be tall enough not to drown on all those research papers telling there is no bullying in your home country.

Reactions: DocMcStuffins
You are talking about group exclusion/peer isolation which is just one form of ijime or bullying. That might be more prevalent in Japan than in other countries although in most of the bullying cases studies in not the whole world research I presented other students were either taking part or watching.
yeah I was talking about that and you started talking about me which saddened me. I'm feeling exclusion now :(

seriously please believe me when I say I'm not trying to troll or say my home country is better (it's really far from being better than those listed in the study), I just mentioned my home country because it's the only country I've been in until high school and from reading manga, watching movies and talking to Japanese people I really felt that ijime concept was a thing there and I have never witnessed nor heard of anything similar. may be it exists now in my home country as it really changed from how it was in my time and became more like developed countries.