Business traveler 2 Tokyo, semi-regular

Sunriser

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Just another US business guy who's here in Japan a few times a year. The site has been really helpful and it has already led to some great encounters. Hope to share my experiences because that's all I have to offer. I'm not much of a chatter otherwise.
JABT (Just Another Business Traveler)

Can't wait for some reviews. Lately the amount of reviews in this forum had been poor to say the least.

Can't wait for some reviews. Lately the amount of reviews in this forum had been poor to say the least.
That’s funny, I don’t seem to recall you posting any yourself.

It's up for review. It takes 2 to 3 weeks nowadays for a review To go up. Chill out review police. Am I under arrest?
Might want to wait until you have a few under your belt before moaning about people not posting enough of them.

Hi Everyone,
Just another US business guy who's here in Japan a few times a year. The site has been really helpful and it has already led to some great encounters. Hope to share my experiences because that's all I have to offer. I'm not much of a chatter otherwise.
Hi Everyone,

You're so fortunate! American accents are waaaay more attractive than Aussie-speak, which has a kind of inelegant 'twang'...

Reactions: Majestyk
You're so fortunate! American accents are waaaay more attractive than Aussie-speak, which has a kind of inelegant 'twang'...
Some of us like that twang. :)

Personally, I think it varies according to gender. Half my old drinking buddies were Australian so that accent is just normal to me, but I absolutely can't stand the accents of most Australian women. Conversely, I had a bunch of Irish friends and while I find the accent especially sexy with Irish women, the men (particularly after the 37th Guiness pint, especially if they're from up north) sound like brain-damaged degenerates and I only ever understand about 35% of what they say, anyway.

Same thing stateside, and I say this as an American. I find the accent of a female from the deep south adorable, but her brother sounds to me like an inbred fucking retard. Head east to the nasally accents of Chicago, or NYC or even better South Boston, and while the men sound cool as fuck the women sound like shrill, obnoxious, intolerable morons. I'm partial to the accents, of both men and women, in the four corners region--Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico. That's what real Americans should sound like. You just have to weed out all the fucking Californians invading those states who weren't happy with just ruining their own state and have to import their bullshit to good red states that still have good economies and low crime. But that's just my opinion.

Now my inner redneck is creeping out. Feeling an urge to pour a triple vodka, pretend it's some genuine 'shine and oil the .45 I keep under my desk for zombies, horny aliens and looting minorities.

Reactions: Mischa Maxwell
Mischa,
I learned the language in such a way that I have an almost completely neutral accent. :( However, I do confess, that on cold mornings and before my first cup of French press, to having a little George Clooney throatiness ;)

Reactions: Mischa Maxwell
...and oil the .45 I keep under my desk
Interesting. I've always thought the 454 Casull to be quite the intimidator. Although proficiency with a 9mm and the right +P round can get it done with great efficiency as well.
My heart, however, will always pine for the blacked Colt Python with 6" barrel. Sweet, sweet piece.

Reactions: Keihan Chikan
Interesting. I've always thought the 454 Casull to be quite the intimidator. Although proficiency with a 9mm and the right +P round can get it done with great efficiency as well.
My heart, however, will always pine for the blacked Colt Python with 6" barrel. Sweet, sweet piece.

Those are pieces that men with small dicks drool over.

Just kidding. I always wanted both, particularly the Python, but prices were too high and supply too low when I was younger and in that market. Granted, the only reason I was looking at those pieces was I was still living in an area of the states with black and brown bear and I was also planning to spend some time up in Alaska and didn't want to lug around my Mossy 590 with 3-inch slugs or a .45-70 lever gun. I almost dropped the cash on a short-barreled S&W 629 but figured I could better spend $800 elsewhere.

These days, I'm more concerned with the kinds of predators who walk on two legs rather than four. To that end, I have twenty rounds of +P .45acp next to my bed but out in the streets, my preferred load is hot +P 9mm lower grain in a lower bore-axis pistol for faster follow-up shots. We always trained for failure-to-stop drills and the law here generally limits us to three rounds in self-defense situation, so best to make sure the 2-COM, 1-FACE shots are as well-placed as possible.

Reactions: Sunriser
Those are pieces that men with small dicks drool over.

Just kidding. I always wanted both, particularly the Python, but prices were too high and supply too low when I was younger and in that market. Granted, the only reason I was looking at those pieces was I was still living in an area of the states with black and brown bear and I was also planning to spend some time up in Alaska and didn't want to lug around my Mossy 590 with 3-inch slugs or a .45-70 lever gun. I almost dropped the cash on a short-barreled S&W 629 but figured I could better spend $800 elsewhere.

These days, I'm more concerned with the kinds of predators who walk on two legs rather than four. To that end, I have twenty rounds of +P .45acp next to my bed but out in the streets, my preferred load is hot +P 9mm lower grain in a lower bore-axis pistol for faster follow-up shots. We always trained for failure-to-stop drills and the law here generally limits us to three rounds in self-defense situation, so best to make sure the 2-COM, 1-FACE shots are as well-placed as possible.
So... you’re one of them « good guys with a gun »? (Who always fail to prevent mass shootings by the bad guys with a gun, apparently)

So... you’re one of them « good guys with a gun »? (Who always fail to prevent mass shootings by the bad guys with a gun, apparently)

Not to start a war (you know I am a kind spirit) but those cases do exist. But they don't do good headlines, especially when the major media is against guns.

Reactions: Keihan Chikan

Well, technically..."good guys with guns" couldn't have legally prevented any of the majority of the recent mass-shootings as they were all in schools and if those good guys were to abide by the law, obviously, firearms are illegal on school campuses. That's the basis for the movement to arm teachers, which I don't necessarily agree with as I don't trust 99% of public teachers I know with anything more dangerous than a pencil.

That said, a story that none of the international media bothered picking up on was in Texas a couple years ago, where some racist nutjob decided to shoot up a black church, and a white NRA instructor living across the street used his AR-15 to intervene and prevent the asshole from killing even more people. Nobody wanted to run with that story as it didn't fit the narrative.

But me? Nah...I'd be more along the lines of the "pussy with a gun." Once the shooting started I'd hide somewhere safe, then come out after the dust settled with my gun drawn and help folks to safety and look like a hero so I could get interviewed on TV and maybe nail one of the reporter girls.

Not to start a war (you know I am a kind spirit) but those cases do exist. But they don't do good headlines, especially when the major media is against guns.
Yes, Being for or against has nothing to do with it though... disasters make headlines, avoiding them doesnt ... sad rule of any media anywhere

Well, technically..."good guys with guns" couldn't have legally prevented any of the majority of the recent mass-shootings as they were all in schools and if those good guys were to abide by the law, obviously, firearms are illegal on school campuses. That's the basis for the movement to arm teachers, which I don't necessarily agree with as I don't trust 99% of public teachers I know with anything more dangerous than a pencil.

That said, a story that none of the international media bothered picking up on was in Texas a couple years ago, where some racist nutjob decided to shoot up a black church, and a white NRA instructor living across the street used his AR-15 to intervene and prevent the asshole from killing even more people. Nobody wanted to run with that story as it didn't fit the narrative.

But me? Nah...I'd be more along the lines of the "pussy with a gun." Once the shooting started I'd hide somewhere safe, then come out after the dust settled with my gun drawn and help folks to safety and look like a hero so I could get interviewed on TV and maybe nail one of the reporter girls.

lol, not wanting to start a war either but that’s exactly why the « good guys with a gun » thing doesn’t work imo : its all about the machismo and talking about it and looking cool in a shooting range. Put 95% of those guys in a real danger zone , they would become pussies with a gun

Put 95% of those guys in a real danger zone , they would become pussies with a gun

That is actually pretty accurate but not necessary because they are pussies, in other words afraid of their lives. But studies in military had showed similar numbers of combat soldiers not aiming to the enemy as they cannot stand the idea of killing anyone.

This with the first action though. It is possible to learn out of that and most people do. Veterans I have talked with often say it becomes like a video game after couple of fire fights.

Or then like one guy who was interviewed and asked how does it feel to shoot people; "I have never shot at people, just the enemy". :D

That is actually pretty accurate but not necessary because they are pussies, in other words afraid of their lives. But studies in military had showed similar numbers of combat soldiers not aiming to the enemy as they cannot stand the idea of killing anyone.

This with the first action though. It is possible to learn out of that and most people do. Veterans I have talked with often say it becomes like a video game after couple of fire fights.

Or then like one guy who was interviewed and asked how does it feel to shoot people; "I have never shot at people, just the enemy". :D
Totally felt the same when I was shooting at tin cans with my grand-dad’s rifle. I thought they were not tin cans, just the enemy. I wasnt bad at it, for a 7 year old

I've only ever shot target/range and yes, I do have a small dick...and? :D
But seriously, the Python for me is an aesthetic choice. Purity in design and execution.
I can use a semiauto, but I feel I can only truly love a revolver.
I don't CC so there's no limitation on where I can be a pussy. :whistle:

Btw, I bought and sold my Python back in the early 90's when prices were reasonable. Still regret that decision. Sometimes you don't appreciate what you had till it's gone.

Nowadays, I gotta say nothing is as consistently enjoyable to shoot over an extended session as a Ruger .22 LR. And so cheap to do so!