Business traveler 2 Tokyo, semi-regular

That is actually pretty accurate but not necessary because they are pussies, in other words afraid of their lives. But studies in military had showed similar numbers of combat soldiers not aiming to the enemy as they cannot stand the idea of killing anyone.

I guess those weren't Marines, because whatever the USMC does to those kids, they come out of basics just itching to kill something, someone, anything. A good friend of mine is a retired Master Sergeant and he summed it up pretty well for me: "Marines, we fucked up. We ain't good for nothing but killing folks. And if we ain't got nobody to kill, some baaaaaad shit gonna happen."

All these years later, I often wonder what would've happened if I'd taken my uncle's advice and gone down the path of Army OCS, rather than run off to Japan for a different kind of adventure. That means I would've been a 2LT likely deployed to either Afghanistan or Iraq in 2003 and probably again in the years that followed. Being a violent little shit I would've requested infantry. And guys my age (I call us the "9/11 Generation") were so hungry for blood and payback, I honestly don't think I would've had a problem pulling the trigger on someone I could paint as an enemy. Of course, like a lot of my friends that ended up enlisting and doing multiple tours, a lot of that shit follows you home and you're never really the same person you were before you deployed.

Then again, in four years I would've been a retired O-5 with a very generous pension and I could've relocated to the P.I. where my benefits would've provided me with a very comfortable lifestyle and enough money to have two or three 19yo "therapists" at my condo every night to help me work out those emotional issues.

Reactions: MikeH