Guest viewing is limited

Buying a house in Tokyo - how much can you borrow?

Well, there's the woman who tried to kill her entire neighbourhood, motive unkown....

Ahh, forgot the curry woman already. But at least she didn't limit herself to those neighbouring her house, she was more free with the killings.

Another thing to ponder for those who might want to know if the stories about the insurance sales women are true.

Ahh, forgot the curry woman already. But at least she didn't limit herself to those neighbouring her house, she was more free with the killings.

Another thing to ponder for those who might want to know if the stories about the insurance sales women are true.

Huh?

A couple of them stopped by our house in December-twice!!

The second time my wife was gone, so they left a calendar with me.

Do I need to be afraid?:eek:

The sales/purchase of land is not a taxable transaction. You don't have to pay 8% on that part. Afterwards, however, you have to pay the property tax to your municipality, mostly 1.4%, annually on their official valuation estimate of your property.
You do on the building I believe.

Reactions: Ken1988
Huh?

A couple of them stopped by our house in December-twice!!

The second time my wife was gone, so they left a calendar with me.

Do I need to be afraid?:eek:

You need to be careful about your (totally admirable) vows of fidelity :D

Reactions: Sudsy
Although this is almost one year old thread, I found the information here quite interesting so I thought I should give it a try.

Thing is that I already bought an apartment 5 years ago but I'm thinking in selling it and buy a bigger one, and I don't really know the steps to do this. I mean: is there any agency or some service where they manage this for you? I bought the home using Suumo, but they seem not to take care of selling operations.

I'm wondering if this is mission impossible. I guess you have to sell your home, get that money to pay the remaining loan amount and get a new one for the new house trying to have the best timing possible so you don't have to temporary move somewhere else in between?

Because you can not "extend" one loan for another home or something like that, right?

I honestly have no idea, if you guys knows how this is managed in Japan, any help will be appreciated!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
You need to talk with a real estate agent..... no commitment needed, but they will be interested to handle the sale of your current place, and can provide you with answers to most of your questions I am sure.....after all there's a sale comission potential for them, so helping you out is a given....