Guest viewing is limited

Can men and women be just friends?

jhingy567

TAG Member
Reaction score
Was just going through my Youtube watch history from years ago and came across this video.
the answers were likely cherry picked to make their point, but i've heard similar things when discussing with people. (males say no , females say yes)

so I'm curious what TAGers think:
Can a young 20-something man and woman simply remain 'friends' (without sexual tension or either one wanting/thinking of anything further) ?

personally, I'd say it's possible if the girl was physically repulsive, but otherwise it's a 'no' for over 95% of cases.

I personally do not want to have sex with every woman. There are some women that I know that are beautiful but I just like drinking with them. I must admit one of them do wonder why I treat her like a dude but that makes the friendship last longer.
Nothing like having a few female friends with no drama to hang out with.
If you can not introduce them to someone you are really dating then it is suspicious.

Was just going through my Youtube watch history from years ago and came across this video.
the answers were likely cherry picked to make their point, but i've heard similar things when discussing with people. (males say no , females say yes)

so I'm curious what TAGers think:
Can a young 20-something man and woman simply remain 'friends' (without sexual tension or either one wanting/thinking of anything further) ?

personally, I'd say it's possible if the girl was physically repulsive, but otherwise it's a 'no' for over 95% of cases.

Absolutely positively yes. All my closest friends are women that I know from my college days. Couple of them are really attractive too. We’d hang out all the time and the topic of sex never once came up. We consider each other as family.

I've had many good friends over the years that were women. I won't lie, I invariably thought about fucking each and every one of them. Single, married, smokin' hot or plain Jane. Doesn't matter. It's like Pokemon - gotta bang 'em all.

The one's I didn't get involved with somehow are still friends. Not sure what that says about me.

I've had many good friends over the years that were women. I won't lie, I invariably thought about fucking each and every one of them. Single, married, smokin' hot or plain Jane. Doesn't matter.
Yeah that's my view on things too. Sure, the relationship might not progress further than 'friends', but imo it's rare to find one where thoughts of a sexual nature don't crop up at some stage. Human nature I suppose. And it's impossible to control thoughts.

My cousin is the only female 'friend' I have where those thoughts have never come up.
I only say this because there are people out there who fuck their cousins.

And it's impossible to control thoughts.

But it is way easier to control your actions. So yeah, you can stay "just" friends with people you find sexually attractive, male or female. And the just is in quotes because often friends are more rare and valuable than the people you hook up; even regularly.

I have a bunch of friends that are women. All but one, there has been no sex or even discussed except as a topic of discussion.
The one that I’ve been intimate with, I consider her to be a soulmate and we can spend hours together just talking and doing stuff together. I think we could still be initimate and not really change our connection... and I don’t rule out a future with her, but the timing isn’t ideal to move things forward right now. :)

My cousin is the only female 'friend' I have where those thoughts have never come up.
My two female cousins are the most beautiful women I know, although age has caught up with them. The younger also happens to be the worst person I know.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I've managed to un-friendzone myself several times, so it's not a bad idea to maintain friendships with attractive women. If for some reason one of you isn't available, play the long game and keep them as friends.

My two female cousins are the most beautiful women I know, although age has caught up with them. The younger also happens to be the worst person I know.

Oddly enough, I can say this exact thing too. The younger one tried to steal the wake donations that were meant for her mother's burial.

(and she like Nickelback)

Yeah that's my view on things too. Sure, the relationship might not progress further than 'friends', but imo it's rare to find one where thoughts of a sexual nature don't crop up at some stage. Human nature I suppose. And it's impossible to control thoughts.

Some very disciplined individuals could probably suppress such thoughts even though it goes against nature. But I choose to let them run wild. It makes life more entertaining.

A biological cousin I would most certainly not consider fucking. But my cousins-in-law (i.e. my wife's cousins) and sisters in law are all fair game for an imaginary fucking.

I read that as basically you do want to have sex with her.
Already have. We just didn't move further because of our own circumstances at this timing. :) We're just very close friends currently, we can spend a day together without a sxual thought.

Unfortunately, I’ve never had a male friend that I didn’t find at least somewhat attractive. They’re handsome, smart, funny.. it’s disgusting.

With that being said, I’ve tried to keep most of my friendships 100% platonic, but it’s certainly difficult and I’ve failed a few times.

Of course... well some naughty thoughts may erupt from time to time but that doesn't necessarily mean I would jump on them and (probably even less so) them on me.

My best friend is a female, in all honesty I do not know where I would be if it was not for her pushing me to do certain things outside of my comfort zone. So I would say yes. She is literally like a sister to me.