Casting Couch Crash of 2017

Desktop

TAG Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts about the Weinstein story?

I'm personally not sure if he assaulted all women but I'm sure he didn't expect that the women he tried to pounce on would describe him as this unattractive old guy.
I read there was one actor who warned a female actress friend of his about going to Wensteins hotel. She was already sleeping with Weinstein & told him she was warned by the guy. The guy was blacklisted the next day.

I read there was one actor who warned a female actress friend of his about going to Wensteins hotel. She was already sleeping with Weinstein & told him she was warned by the guy. The guy was blacklisted the next day
Thats really bad, he only wanted to help her. She could have just kept her mouth shut about it.

I'm not following the whole things, but its good people are finally stepping up. But i guess there are many more people who abuse their power in Hollywood, so this is really just the tip of the iceberg.

Hollywood has always been a den of sexual predators. My educated guess is that HW has made one powerful enemy too many and that the Powers-That-Be have decided about his downfall. Rest is circus, without condoning his repulsive behavior by the way. Most of actresses coming out with stories of harassment and what not are venting or letting off all the steam they accumulated.

Don't know why people are so surprised and why this is such a big media story.

This obviously happens out of Hollywood too, especially when bad people are given power and status anywhere in society.

Just waiting for a time when similar details are released about Mr Trump. He did seem to survive those stories before election.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I'm hoping that this will spur a purge of the Japanese idol industry. The rumours have been out there for years about the lower tier AKB48 girls basically being high priced deli girls for executives and other rich folks.

I'm hoping that this will spur a purge of the Japanese idol industry. The rumours have been out there for years about the lower tier AKB48 girls basically being high priced deli girls for executives and other rich folks.
Its not always a bad thing per se.
I would be happy with a shot at minor fame for extra marketing. Would love to reel in some Japanese elite clientele.

But yes, from what i have heard about the idol world, a lot of producers abuse their power (probably more similar to the Kesha situation than to HW). Its common knowledge there are some guys who try sexual harassment tricks on foreign girls who want to become idols, but as far as i know these guys are very minor figures in the industry and cant produce a real star, they are just full of fake promises.

Reactions: rob040188
The rumours have been out there for years about the lower tier AKB48 girls basically being high priced deli girls for executives and other rich folks.

Yuck. Every time someone says "oh, she looks so cute, like one of those idols" the only thing that goes up is the hair in the back of my neck.

Even the ones who are not underage look that to me so it's a no-no-no. I agree they are cute, like kittens. They get my motherly instincts to wake up so I would give food to them but not fuck them. Both idols and kittens, that is.

I think all the media hype is due to who is coming out with accusations... and the number of women coming out over 30 I think... I'm surprised HW was able to last that long 30 years of this type of behavior ? I do like the new term.... don't get Weinsteined.... That one made me chuckle..... He is now a pariah, even his own brother turned against him, but tbh I don't blame Bob if he was being bullied his whole life... HW apparently did make to many enemies.... it will be forgotten in a month as news cycles change....or something else takes more interest... regurgitated drivel...

Its not always a bad thing per se.
I would be happy with a shot at minor fame for extra marketing. Would love to reel in some Japanese elite clientele.

But yes, from what i have heard about the idol world, a lot of producers abuse their power (probably more similar to the Kesha situation than to HW). Its common knowledge there are some guys who try sexual harassment tricks on foreign girls who want to become idols, but as far as i know these guys are very minor figures in the industry and cant produce a real star, they are just full of fake promises.
What kind of extra marketing are you looking for AIW ? ? ? :rolleyes:

Just waiting for a time when similar details are released about Mr Trump. He did seem to survive those stories before election.

Probably no worse than the Clinton stories. 'Bungalow Bill' had plenty downstairs but nothing upstairs. Allegedly.

Reactions: just4fun
MossBoss.... FWIIW, I knew a lady that met slick willy... and she told me that his charm and charisma were off the charts... said she could not keep her eyes off of him.. I'm not sure about what he was packing, but I could never get over Monica... she was an embarrassment... like the chubby girl at the college party - I'm not judging, but someone a bit better looking... I mean he was POTUS afterall LOL

Probably no worse than the Clinton stories. 'Bungalow Bill' had plenty downstairs but nothing upstairs. Allegedly.
I think its quite different; Clinton was a charmer, a playboy. Ill assume he was able to bed women the same way most reasonable men do; by relying on either looks or charm, and of course many women will have been attracted to power as well.
Trump / weinstein on the other hand are bullies and dont have an ounce of charisma between them. They rely only on power and authority to get what they want from women.

Or maybe im wrong and Bill was just a rapist same as the other two c*nts. IDK or care really.

There will always be plenty of attractive women who want to sleep with billionaires and powerful people. Just because you don't like someone's politics doesn't make them a rapist. Unless you have some proof. Thought not.

Yuck. Every time someone says "oh, she looks so cute, like one of those idols" the only thing that goes up is the hair in the back of my neck.

Even the ones who are not underage look that to me so it's a no-no-no. I agree they are cute, like kittens. They get my motherly instincts to wake up so I would give food to them but not fuck them. Both idols and kittens, that is.

Oh come on there must be something about being one of those otakus types in the AKB48 cafe in Akihabara , sipping overpriced coffee served by AKB-look aliked "maids" , wearing your gray raincoat , carrying your plastic bag (those dudes always have big plastic bags), waiting to get the coaster with the face of the AKB48 lady you don't have yet in your collection...
(Seriously I was there once - its enough- with a friend from the US, and that okatu type was fixing my drink with green envy all along, until he dared to ask me in a low voice , as if he tried to sell drugs or something "can I exchange your coaster with mine"... creeeeepy! :confused:)

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeH
Modeling (stylish nude ok), singing, acting (any busted commercial would do). Just anything that can get me in the spotlight a bit that could be used to promote myself, except AV.
So much more than a pretty face I see...:) well, then... will have to see what can be done about that. I'm sure there are avenues to be pursued to get you more exposure (market wise) not necessarily nude... Can send pm to discuss more details ok for you ?

Hollywood has always been a den of sexual predators. My educated guess is that HW has made one powerful enemy too many and that the Powers-That-Be have decided about his downfall. Rest is circus, without condoning his repulsive behavior by the way. Most of actresses coming out with stories of harassment and what not are venting or letting off all the steam they accumulated.

Totally agree, Hollywood is famous for this and I’d be way more impressed if the actors complaining did so before they got rich, famous, and untouchable. I bet most were happy to trade a few sexual favors for career promotions. Is that right in a moral sense? I’d say no, but if there’s ever a chance for people to improve their prospects by trading sexual favors then some will take advantage of it and they deserve at least part of the blame for encouraging such behavior.

Reactions: Kaspar and BB0523
Sure it happens in Hollywood, and has been an open, tolerated secret, but that doesn't mean it should continue to be tolerated. We're starting to see some of the additional blowback on other powerful men. And I think even if Weinstein hadn't allegedly done the things that went beyond the legal pale, telling a 20 year old woman that her career will be ruined if she doesn't fuck him is also the definition of non-consensual sex. It's practically the textbook definition of why work-related sexual harassment law exists.

Regardless of their legitimate complaints, I think insulting Weinstein's looks/weight, etc, as part of tearing him down doesn't serve their cause, as if a HANDSOME, rich, powerful man using his position to fuck young women and ruining the lives of women and men that got in his way is any more of a legitimate work relationship.

It's an open secret in Japan that Johnnies are basically Kitagawa's personal twink harem. If you look like you can't be convinced to bottom you usually don't make the final audition.

Oh come on there must be something about being one of those otakus types in the AKB48 cafe in Akihabara , sipping overpriced coffee served by AKB-look aliked "maids" , wearing your gray raincoat , carrying your plastic bag (those dudes always have big plastic bags), waiting to get the coaster with the face of the AKB48 lady you don't have yet in your collection...
(Seriously I was there once - its enough- with a friend from the US, and that okatu type was fixing my drink with green envy all along, until he dared to ask me in a low voice , as if he tried to sell drugs or something "can I exchange your coaster with mine"... creeeeepy! :confused:)

Went there twice, the expensive but tasty food wasn't what made me never return, rather the strangely dead eyes of all the other guys in there. It felt so strange.

It's an open secret in Japan that Johnnies are basically Kitagawa's personal twink harem. If you look like you can't be convinced to bottom you usually don't make the final audition.

Went there twice, the expensive but tasty food wasn't what made me never return, rather the strangely dead eyes of all the other guys in there. It felt so strange.

Agreed on both counts.

. I bet most were happy to trade a few sexual favors for career promotions. Is that right in a moral sense? I’d say no, but if there’s ever a chance for people to improve their prospects by trading sexual favors then some will take advantage of it and they deserve at least part of the blame for encouraging such behavior.
I'd never hesitate to do that, and i dont see much morally wrong with it, yes, it might mean that some talented people who're not willing to do this miss out, but there are many talented people who dont make it for other reasons, basically not having luck and not having been given a chance in the first place. Also i think the people who get offered this deal in the first place are also usually talented, the sex thing is just an extra bench they have to jump over. That also says something about dedication to me. People who refuse to do sexwork or to have sex when it will help them move forward in other ways think they are so superior, but actually they are just losing out on things they could get if they really wanted.

Reactions: BB0523 and vargas
I'd never hesitate to do that, and i dont see much morally wrong with it, yes, it might mean that some talented people who're not willing to do this miss out, but there are many talented people who dont make it for other reasons, basically not having luck and not having been given a chance in the first place. Also i think the people who get offered this deal in the first place are also usually talented, the sex thing is just an extra bench they have to jump over. That also says something about dedication to me. People who refuse to do sexwork or to have sex when it will help them move forward in other ways think they are so superior, but actually they are just losing out on things they could get if they really wanted.

Well said Alice. However I think most people would find it degrading to have to perform intimate acts with someone they wouldn’t choose otherwise. The immorality is not in the acts themselves but in a culture that forces people to degrade themselves to get ahead. Dedication is good but shouldn’t come at the cost of doing things that you believe are wrong. I think actors should succeed on their acting skills alone, not in willingness to trade sexual favors.

I'd say there are cases where trading favours (doesn't have to sex) for career advancement is unethical - like when it is unfair to or negatively affects other parties. I agree with Vargas, The immorality is definitely not with the sex itself.

Otherwise I'm fine with it - it's like "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine." similar to a business transaction.

It's human nature to give favour to those people who've given you personal benefit over those who haven't. But this can sometimes blur the lines of ethics and morality.

Alice, are you are saying that it is OK for career women (or men) to provide sexual favors in exchange for career advancement? It might be OK for you, but what about all of the people who don't want to prostitute themselves to get ahead? I think we need to keep P4P completely seperated from other careers otherwise we enable preditors like HW and life becomes miserable for those in vulnerble positions.

owner/director of small firm negotiates with secretary; I'll give you a pay rise if you suck my cock = OK.

Large company where many are competing over an internal promotion. Office lady is favoured for the position on the basis of sucking bosses cock = Not OK. Would be unfair to others and probably cost the company money (unless ofcourse she was the best person for the job... But then why suck the cock?)