Chain izakaya with private booths - how risky?

Tabanico

TAG Member
Reaction score
How risky do you think it might be to get a handjob under the table at an izakaya that has private booths? Presumably they don't have CCTV in those things, right? I'm thinking of chains like Wan etc.

I think they are not allowed to conceal it ... and are required? to up a sign about the 防犯カメラ

They are not legally required to do so - though most places do post signage in order to bring attention to them as a deterrent.

Heck, a lot of places post signs without actually installing cameras....

They are not legally required to do so - though most places do post signage in order to bring attention to them as a deterrent.

Heck, a lot of places post signs without actually installing cameras....
It isn't uncommon to have a camera installed that isn't even operating.

Also chances are slim its a feed camera, and nobody is reviewing footage unless they suspect a problem.

Cameras are only a deterrent if you plan on getting caught.

It isn't uncommon to have a camera installed that isn't even operating.

In a company I used to work at with a high security environment, we actually had dummy cameras in visible locations to distract from the real (hidden) ones.

In a company I used to work at with a high security environment, we actually had dummy cameras in visible locations to distract from the real (hidden) ones.
I have a lot of secondhand experience around security systems. My father has been installing them for nearly my whole life.

Duds exist without hidden cams. Just a visible "camera" with a little red LED light running off a battery is enough to deter many opportunist thieves. But many places forget or don't bother changing out the battery when it dies.

Hidden cams are easy to spot if you know where and what to look for. Mostly being able to reason what angles they want to be watching. My dad and I make it a game to try and spot any whenever we go places.

Reactions: MikeH and Sudsy
Be careful, Pee Wee Herman may have some alternative insight on the safety of having the tube steak tenderized in public, by others or self

True, but he didn't even end up needing a lawyer - he got himself off.