Chinese clients at soapland

Yeah, tell me about it. :) But, at least LA shares Mediterranean weather.
Yeah but overall I don't like going to LA even I can get awesome Persian & Mizrachi food there. Really wish there was direct flights from Narita to Tel Aviv. Hopefully Abe can get that accomplished during this term.

Reactions: Ken1988 and Simonka
Honestly, my thought goes to all Iranian Jews whose identity really torn apart due to geopolitics. Tel Aviv is the place outside Iran where you can get the best and authentic Persian cuisine.

Oh.. the saffron rice and the giant nuclear pistachios! I was adopted by my Persian friend’s family in college and they had this mission to make me gain weight :D

Im sure anyone you meet on TAG by default knows a bit of of the English language and it is a far cry from those bad mannered, uneducated, inaka bafoons mentioned in the article.

Is sad but these people will be making it harder for other foreigners to get into places in Yoshiwara :(

Reactions: SugoiBoy
Yeah and still we are among the top touristic destinations, can’t understand it. People worldwide are all masochists. :D
I don’t understand your last criticism though, usually we are accused of wanting them to speak French, not English. You seem to imply the contrary

Montréal is a lot more tolerant than the rest of Québéc. You'll have fun.

Reactions: Frenchy
That's Québécois.

And that's Europe.

:)

I've been to Quebec a few times (Gatineau, Montreal and Quebec City, as well stopping in a few smaller towns passing through to/from the Maritimes), and have never had any negative reactions when I've tried to speak French. Now, it probably helps that my French is OK-ish (I took it from Grade 4 through 11, although we learned Parisian French), but it's pretty rusty.

I've never been to France (though it's on the list of places I want to go), or any other French-speaking country, so I can't speak for the situation there.

Yeah, like, they can go to Cuba and Iran and you can’t? :D

I am not sure about Iran, but Cuba is more flexible about foreigners.

Almost all nationalities are accepted in Cuba (including Japanese citizens). Only that at customs in Cuba, they will not put a stamp in your passport, you get a Tourist Card instead.

I've been to Quebec a few times (Gatineau, Montreal and Quebec City, as well stopping in a few smaller towns passing through to/from the Maritimes), and have never had any negative reactions when I've tried to speak French. Now, it probably helps that my French is OK-ish (I took it from Grade 4 through 11, although we learned Parisian French), but it's pretty rusty.

Yeah, if your French is passable they're usually fine, it's beginners who cop it. And being fair, it's only the occasional jerk with an axe to grind against les anglais that acts like that. The majority of people are perfectly courteous (like most places), and Montréallers are just nice in general. :)

Still have a few stinging memories of being fifteen my first time in Québéc and having my attempts to deal with things like buying a coke at a gas station in French met with being called a "fucking anglais" and told to go home. It was a lot different when I was there again in my 20s with a reasonable command of the language.

Yeah, if your French is passable they're usually fine, it's beginners who cop it. And being fair, it's only the occasional jerk with an axe to grind against les anglais that acts like that. The majority of people are perfectly courteous (like most places), and Montréallers are just nice in general. :)

Still have a few stinging memories of being fifteen my first time in Québéc and having my attempts to deal with things like buying a coke at a gas station in French met with being called a "fucking anglais" and told to go home. It was a lot different when I was there again in my 20s with a reasonable command of the language.

Sorry that happened to you mon ami...
Oh wait , you meant it happened in your country , not mine... ah ah not sorry then! :D

Sorry that happened to you mon ami...
Oh wait , you meant it happened in your country , not mine... ah ah not sorry then! :D

Hahaha.. par for the course with certain people (les séparatistes) in la belle province!