Web Form/Email

Appointment Length & Costs:
2-45 minute sessions 12,000JPY x 2

Type/Location:
Photo Studio in Shimbashi

Language Notes:
Japanese only

Details of the Encounter:
Class-A is a photo studio where you can meet and photograph and/or video nude models and JAV actresses for personal use only (you are not allowed to post the photos online). There is no touching or sexual contact of any kind allowed. Specific details of the studio itself and booking info can be found in my previous review with Kobayakawa Reiko.

I had originally wanted to shoot with retired JAV performer Kirioka Satsuki this year, but her booking page filled up super quick before I could apply.:( So I decided to schedule two back to back sessions with model Nozomi. (Sorry, I have no link to her page because Class-A takes them down immediately after the shooting day is done.)

I arrived with my usual heavy roller bag full of lighting and camera gear (I really need to get that brain scan done, I swear). Paid the session fees at the front desk and was asked if I wanted to pay an additional fee to add on the video option. I passed on this (more on that later).

So we go upstairs to I think it was the 4th or 5th floor. The staff member that led me up to the room offered to carry my gear bag up for me but I told him it was ok as it was too heavy for him.
Bad idea. By the time we got up to the room, I was completely out of breath and about ready to pass out.
(Mental note to self for next time - when the staff offers to carry your bags upstairs for you, you say yes!) :banghead:

If you had read my previous review with Ryuu, you’ll remember I mentioned how small the room was that we shot in last year. This time the room was less than half the size of that one. Seriously - I’ve seen walk-in closets that were bigger.:eek:

There was a window, but because it was so late in the day around this time of year, there was practically no usable light coming in at all. :dead:
So I went to my basic CYA (Cover Your Ass) lighting setup which was two speedlights in opposite corners of the room bounced into the ceiling.

Like last time, I was informed that since I had booked two sessions back to back, we could either shoot it as two separate sessions with a 15 minute break in between or just shoot straight through to the end of the second session. Previously I thought that meant that if you shoot straight through, you’d get that extra 15 minutes in the middle as sort of bonus additional time to your shoot, but it turns out that’s not the case. If you shoot back to back, say you have a 2:30-3:15pm and a 3:30-4:15pm, you don’t get to shoot 2:30-4:15pm - your shoot ends at 4:00pm. The staff will knock on your door to give you a 5 minute warning near the end of each session.

While I'm still recovering from hauling all that crap upstairs, Nozomi enters - she’s a bit different from her photos on the webpage (different hairstyle) and she’s much shorter than I had imagined. Very attractive though - I guess @MikeH would say she’s a “spinner”? ;)

So I go over my usual schtick with her- I only photograph what the model is comfortable with, and that if she is not ok with a certain pose, to please let me know right away so we can move on to something else. She tells me she is ok with pretty much anything. Ok, cool.:)

I have her undress down to her lingerie and put on a white men’s shirt we had grabbed from downstairs (Next to the front desk are several racks of different costumes your model can use). Nozomi was so tiny she literally disappeared in the shirt.:LOL:

We started shooting various poses (I mainly wanted to use this session to practice for my upcoming session with Ryuu as I still need to work on posing skills) and it was a bit challenging for her at first as she was not expecting someone to actually give a rats ass about lighting and posing. She quickly warmed up though and got into the flow of things, and even made several suggestions which I found very helpful. (I do need to learn how to direct certain facial expressions in Japanese though, as some directions I give models in English don’t really translate well)

During the shoot I also asked her about what is and isn't allowed when customers choose the video option (I had never tried it and was curious). She said you can film pretty much anything except live sex acts or masturbation. It can be implied, but not actually done on camera. According to her, most guys just like to shoot closeups of spread pussies or have the girls talk dirty to the camera.

When she came back for the second half of our session, she brought along a smaller shirt and also a hair dryer so we could add motion to her hair. (We had tried it in the first session by putting the camera on a tripod and me fanning her with a reflector, but we couldn’t get the timing right and plus the room was so small I kept almost bumping her nose with the reflector);)
She also brought along a book of erotic poses that they have available at the front desk to show me what other guys usually like to shoot and we had a quick laugh looking through it together. And she mentioned that the staff is available to come in to assist if guys want to take a two shot with the model.

Both sessions went by pretty quickly, as I unfortunately wasted a lot of time maneuvering around this tiny room trying to get decent angles to shoot. On the whole, it wasn’t one of my better outings, but we still got one or two good shots out of it. And we still had fun doing it.:)

While chatting at the end of our session, I also found out that she is actually a JAV performer (she's only done one title so far - she told me the name of it but sorry, I forgot which one) and that she also currently works at a soapland in Kawasaki, (a lot of performers do, she tells me.) I asked if gaijin were ok at that soapland, and she said yes as long as the girl is ok with the customer’s level of Japanese ability. She even showed me the website which has a video tour of the place and rooms look pretty nice. I might want to squeeze in a side trip to Kawasaki on my next visit to Tokyo. (Now if only I could remember the URL...) :oldman:;)

Final Thoughts:
Recommended.

Closing Comments:
Overall, it was a fun quick little photoshoot that helped me get in some practice for my upcoming session with Ryuu. Learned more info about the video option at Class-A and also found an excuse to visit Kawasaki now.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much house lighting gear is provided at these places and how usable is it? The thing that's always.held me back from booking one of these places has always been lighting. I have the pro bodies (D3, Df) and glass but only 1 good speedlight and one that has less functionality on my bodies.

Reactions: Bill1837
How much house lighting gear is provided at these places and how usable is it? The thing that's always.held me back from booking one of these places has always been lighting. I have the pro bodies (D3, Df) and glass but only 1 good speedlight and one that has less functionality on my bodies.

The rooms usually come equipped with two lightstands with medium softboxes (no grids) and daylight balanced CFLs.
In all the years I've been there, never used them. Always just brought my own lighting kit with me (3 speedlights/1 AD200/ 2 stands, 2 Justin clamps, Magmod gels/grids, white shoot-thru & a 26" softbox) and that usually covers me for most of the shots I want to do.