Guest viewing is limited

Condom use in Japan...

wraithfive

Meat Popsicle
Reaction score
I was inspired to spin this thread off from the Why are you Single? thread. The title should probably be something more like, "Condom and Birth Control Pill usage in Japan and the effects on the birth rate" but that sounded both too long and too clinical.

They want re-open baby factory? :LOL:
Japanese girls told me even one night love they don’t use condom. Reason is: with condom you cant feel love.:rolleyes:
:eek: Wow , I never tough could fell love from random D.

Just ignoring the risk of STD/STI for a moment, I find this very odd. My understanding is that most women in Japan don't take the birth control pill, which is very different from my part of the US where most girls were on it by high school. So it was more common, and still is, for high school girls here to not use condoms because they are on the pill. But if Japanese girls aren't on birth control and aren't using condoms, how the hell do they have a birthrate problem?

I’m not sure how true that really is but it seems like abortion in japan is more accepted and available in japan. Obviously I’ve never been in that situation myself but as long as there is the right amount of money it’s like going to the dentist....

But if Japanese girls aren't on birth control and aren't using condoms, how the hell do they have a birthrate problem?

The news kept saying about young people in Japan aren't even really into sex / relationships anymore and prefer to stay singles or whatever, then there's tons of hikkikomori. Since you are visiting TAG I can only assume you are horny as hell, unlike them :p

Reactions: Anna Summer
I’m not sure how true that really is but it seems like abortion in japan is more accepted and available in japan. Obviously I’ve never been in that situation myself but as long as there is the right amount of money it’s like going to the dentist....
Good point. I forgot that abortion may not be as controversial elsewhere as it is in the US.

Here I thought this thread would be full of interesting discussion and speculation and you kill it with one simple reply. Thanks Anna! (Imagine me saying that with obvious sarcasm but also with a smile that clearly indicates I'm joking and appreciate your contribution. I don't know what emoji to use for all that lol)

Reactions: Anna Summer
Since you are visiting TAG I can only assume you are horny as hell, unlike them :p

Actually I kind of have TAG to thank for NOT being horny as hell all the time even though I only visit Japan 1-2 weeks a year usually. Long story but Japan and TAG combined kind of saved my sex life.

Reactions: Lukes and Acid Burn
Good point. I forgot that abortion may not be as controversial elsewhere as it is in the US.

Here I thought this thread would be full of interesting discussion and speculation and you kill it with one simple reply. Thanks Anna! (Imagine me saying that with obvious sarcasm but also with a smile that clearly indicates I'm joking and appreciate your contribution. I don't know what emoji to use for all that lol)

So sorry :oops:
But @AnotherTag is also right that young people aren’t as interested in sex anymore. Likely due to social pressure, too much stress and maybe the availability of other stimulants. Japan offers quite a big range of stimulation even be it just online.

I don't believe at all that Japanese does not have sex that much. There is many option of fuuzoku. Also here is very comum couple have affair with bf/gf.
Abortion here it is common. Girls talk naturally about it. Is not taboo or will end up in jail like some country.
They know the risk get pregnant ( std does not worry that much they. although only condom don’t avoid all std) whoever as many girls I talked, “ If I get pregnant is okay cuz he will marry me “ .:::nailbiting:

Reactions: impish
They know the risk get pregnant ( std does not worry that much they. although only condom don’t avoid all std) whoever as many girls I talked, “ If I get pregnant is okay cuz he will marry me “ .:::nailbiting:
You'd think with that attitude though you'd have birth and marriage rates on the uptick instead of the opposite.

Still, if abortion really is that common then maybe that's the explanation. I just never thought of it due to my own cultural background.

Still, if abortion really is that common then maybe that's the explanation. I just never thought of it due to my own cultural background.

At least back in the day when I was dating younger girls (in teens or very early twenties) several of them told me they have had abortion done. None of them thought it was a big thing.

it seems like abortion in japan is more accepted and available in japan.

If you've ever noticed the small stone statues of "children" wearing a red cap, they're statues of Jizo, the Buddhist saint that protects children, and are part of a rite performed for aborted children (also stillbirths) to assure that their spirit won't come back to haunt the mother.

Condoms are available in just about every drug store so there must be a market for them. Although buying them and using them are two separate things.

Reactions: BB0523
If you've ever noticed the small stone statues of "children" wearing a red cap, they're statues of Jizo, the Buddhist saint that protects children, and are part of a rite performed for aborted children (also stillbirths) to assure that their spirit won't come back to haunt the mother.
I always thought that was just for very late term micarriages, stillborn and very young babies. Didnt know it was abortions too.

Thanks for mentioning that @Sudsy because this thought popped up in my mind too. When I lived in Tokyo, an American friend told me about his sex friend - she had an abortion during a previous relationship and visited Jizo afterwards.

Another point: what is the legal/approval status of birth control pills in Japan?

I think they are "mizuko-jizo" statues, aiming to rest the souls of people who died at their infancy ("mizuko"), including stillborns.

Reactions: Simonka
Another point: what is the legal/approval status of birth control pills in Japan?

Available, but only if you know what to ask. The docs won't recommend them, guess abortions are too lucrative business.

Also the pills are pretty expensive and I believe every time you need to renew your prescription you need to visit the doc again.

I know some working girls are on the pill. But they still insist on condoms too. Bless their hearts, my kind of girls.

A[/QUOTE]
[USER=822 said:
@Sudsy[/USER]
Other forms of birth control such as the morning after pill are available only through visitation of a clinic. Oral contraceptives, which were legalized in 1999, are not covered by Japanese Health Insurance.- Wikipedia

Pills or UID is also to reduce some healthy issue with womb or skin problem etc.
However, majority of people I met they think -you take pills? You are that much sexual active ? ( if is , so what?)

Contraceptives for men : https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/www....78-male-birth-control-pill-tested-safety.html

Reactions: TravellerUK
Also the pills are pretty expensive and I believe every time you need to renew your prescription you need to visit the doc again.
Is this a non-tariff barrier to trade? Or are various other factors impacting the situation? Also, J-Girls might not be thrilled by the concept of hormone manipulation.

Is this a non-tariff barrier to trade? Or are various other factors impacting the situation? Also, J-Girls might not be thrilled by the concept of hormone manipulation.

Pills have been legal just 20 years, let the docs have some time to adjust their mindsets. :D In other words the old ones to die away. :eek:

And as @sugarcatwhite said they are not covered by the insurance so they are expensive. I think the biggest reason still is the docs; they decide what is good for you and they have decided pills are not.

Reactions: DireWolf98
Pills have been legal just 20 years, let the docs have some time to adjust their mindsets. :D In other words the old ones to die away. :eek:

And as @sugarcatwhite said they are not covered by the insurance so they are expensive. I think the biggest reason still is the docs; they decide what is good for you and they have decided pills are not.
Let’s remember that there is many kind contraceptive. But in japan basically is pills or UID.
What is expensive is morning pills, that why there is girls import online.
Morning pill in japan has 2 type and the one has less side effect it’s cost around 15,000~20,000yen.

Available, but only if you know what to ask. The docs won't recommend them, guess abortions are too lucrative business.

I know some working girls are on the pill. But they still insist on condoms too. Bless their hearts, my kind of girls.
It was liked that couple years ago( or maybe only kantou area?). Today they do adv of pills. Pills usually cost around 3,000yen and usually every 3 month need see dr but if have healthy problem there is possibility use insurance.
UID cost 5~7 man but if have healthy problem insurance cover almust everything .

I think they are "mizuko-jizo" statues, aiming to rest the souls of people who died at their infancy ("mizuko"), including stillborns.

The statue is Jizo, the ceremony is mizukokuyo.

Hormonal contraception is also used for non birth control related reasons like dysmenorrhoea, menstrual disorders, endometriosis, acne vulgaris, and hirsutism. Maybe people can, errmm, not make silly assumptions about how sexually active women on birth control are?

An ex friend of mine aborted a baby and she was so light hearted about the whole thing. Along with many other reasons I had to stop seeing her. I just don’t understand why someone can be so careless.. Abortion is not birth control, it’s a last resort..

Last edited:
Status of that is "doesn't kill you, but we don't know if it works". And they say it will be ready for sale in 10 years. That's what they have been saying 50 years already, so one of these days they'll be right.
Basically (after conversion anyway) it’s just DMA and they’re going for shutdown while trying to control the side effects of the drop in T with the synthetic AAS to keep the sex drive up. The article basically reads like a positive spin on what the roid heads try to avoid, shutdown. Being a possible method of BCP would definitely need much much much longer term studies than the month they did in the trial though. Especially if they’re touting shutdown can be reversed when the drug is stopped.

Reactions: MikeH