Cutting Edge

It's working well so far, we're not living trapped in the Japanese way of being a couple although she's still a strict mother and an overworking housewife. but at least she's a good Japanese girlfriend to me and I think we have a decent couple relation for a 13 years marriage.

Wow, how did the dynamic change after being separated? Are you legally divorced as well?

Wow, how did the dynamic change after being separated? Are you legally divorced as well?
we're not divorced and we're still living together.

maybe you got confused with another message in which I talked about a friend who divorced and restarted dating his ex-wife ?

we're not divorced and we're still living together.

maybe you got confused with another message in which I talked about a friend who divorced and restarted dating his ex-wife ?

You are right. Apologies for that.
How did it work for your friend then? Same people but different relationship. Very unique.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
You are right. Apologies for that.
How did it work for your friend then? Same people but different relationship. Very unique.
I think it mainly works because they are not living together anymore so maybe she stopped taking him for granted and the duty part of her view of the relation disappeared so she switched back to girlfriend mode.

My brother-in-law's friends asked me years ago how it was being a foreigner married to a Japanese woman, specifically had I broken the paradigm and somehow got the upper hand? I thumped my chest and said in Japanese, "I'm the EMPEROR in my own house!" and they cheered and then one said, "And your wife?"

I let my shoulders droop and said "She's the Shogun."

That is my question, too!
@MikeH Also interested to know what married woman with kids is able to get out to a bar in the evening – especially if her husband is out doing p4p, who is watching the kids? ;)

I don't know if my answer is going to be very helpful as I don't usually go out for the purpose of trying to pick someone up. Rather I just prefer places which encourage mingling and talking with anyone, male or female.

It's a long game but I'm old and patient :D. And if your target is simply to talk with everyone and have fun it's much easier to feel happy with your night.

Especially in summer Ginza has many bars I like, other places mentioned in TAG are Omotesando, Daikanyama and Ebisu.

And as my friends are not in their 20's anymore (the current range is from 33 to 43) sometimes their kids are already in high school :). Though the youngest one has her mother-in-law take care of the kids while she is having her girls night out, with me :ROFLMAO:.

I don't know if my answer is going to be very helpful as I don't usually go out for the purpose of trying to pick someone up. Rather I just prefer places which encourage mingling and talking with anyone, male or female.

It's a long game but I'm old and patient :D. And if your target is simply to talk with everyone and have fun it's much easier to feel happy with your night.

Especially in summer Ginza has many bars I like, other places mentioned in TAG are Omotesando, Daikanyama and Ebisu.

And as my friends are not in their 20's anymore (the current range is from 33 to 43) sometimes their kids are already in high school :). Though the youngest one has her mother-in-law take care of the kids while she is having her girls night out, with me :ROFLMAO:.
I honestly think you are the smartest (and possibly "hunkest" ) of us all here (I mean, the men). No P4P at all? :)

Reactions: MikeH
I honestly think you are the smartest (and possibly "hunkest" ) of us all here (I mean, the men). No P4P at all? :)

I don't know what you are smoking but it seems to be pretty strong so please be careful! :D As you should know in internet nobody knows you are a dog and in real life I am a 46 year old virgin boy living in his mom's basement in the suburbs of Detroit.

And I think I have a couple of p4p reviews in even this year? Just a few short years ago almost all my sex was p4p. It was easy, no need to go hunting and no drama. Then slowly I was able to gather a few regular non-p4p lady friends and then all of sudden I was busy with them and not doing much at all p4p anymore.

Now for the last couple of years my friends have taken care of my GFE needs, and I've hopefully taken care of their's. The best is when you get passed around and girls introduce their friends to you :cool:. I do still sometimes dip in to the p4p too, but mostly it is now coming back from drinking and stopping to meet one of my regular providers for an hour of fast fun kind of thing.

Yeah, I remember reading the forums 15 years ago and thinking it would never happen to me. Made a point of it with my wife as well that we would stay man and wife. And then poof! All gone. :)

And the weird thing is she constantly drops hints and suggestions that I either have a girlfriend or should make one. I don't and don't want to either.

Her mom even told me last week that somebody my age (still in my 30s) should have at least 1 or 2 girlfriends. Aye yay yay.

And the weird thing is she constantly drops hints and suggestions that I either have a girlfriend or should make one. I don't and don't want to either.

Her mom even told me last week that somebody my age (still in my 30s) should have at least 1 or 2 girlfriends. Aye yay yay.

Now that's a little weird, even by Japanese standards! :confused:

I agree. You should have at least four in order to rotate the roster properly and not get bored.
So mathematically some wives should be girlfriends for other guys too. Damn i wish mine had a boyfriend and I could surprise her doing the deed with him and she would finally accept to sign the divorce papers.
Hey MikeH , would you f... my wife?! (Same voice as De Niro's in Raging Bull but in a begging manner :))

lucky you !

So mathematically some wives should be girlfriends for other guys too. Damn i wish mine had a boyfriend and I could surprise her doing the deed with him and she would finally accept to sign the divorce papers.
Hey MikeH , would you f... my wife?! (Same voice as De Niro's in Raging Bull but in a begging manner :))
in Japan you can't divorce if she doesn't sign ? I mean it can't be an unilateral demand ?

Reactions: Frenchy
in Japan you can't divorce if she doesn't sign ? I mean it can't be an unilateral demand ?
Well I could sue but it would be long and shitty. 90%+ of divorces here are done through mutual consent (and if it doesn't happen they just stay married but separated , sometimes in the same house! Thank God at least I make enough money to avoid this kind of hell)

Well I could sue but it would be long and shitty. 90%+ of divorces here are done through mutual consent (and if it doesn't happen they just stay married but separated , sometimes in the same house! Thank God at least I make enough money to avoid this kind of hell)
In Soviet Russia, men don't get divorced... they get drunk!

In Soviet Russia, men don't get divorced... they get drunk!
Oh in Japanese Japan they do too!
(And the wives as well, sometimes - of course responsibilities are never black and white in those cases ... for me it's above all the institution itself that sucks and badly needs to be replaced. We have "concubinage" in France ... living together for a while and making it official but without the chains of marriage , they should have this here too)

We have "concubinage" in France ... living together for a while and making it official but without the chains of marriage , they should have this here too)

Reactions: Frenchy