Guest viewing is limited

Daily WHO Reports for the Coronavirus Outbreak (Link)

As a side note, I think the weekend before last weekend there was a very lengthy article on NHK website about the testing process, how long it can take etc. Among other things they mentioned that Japan had a theoretical testing capacity of 13 or 15k tests/day and wrote that Japan was scrambling hard to get to 20k, but that this would be very difficult ... Germany currently has a capacity for 860k/week, so roughly 8 times more.
Guess we are very lucky that covid didn't really hit hard here ...
It also sounds very reasonable to me that you want to regularly test hospital staff, caretakers etc. once the emergency state gets lifted. Wonder how they want to do that with such tiny capacity.

It also sounds very reasonable to me that you want to regularly test hospital staff, caretakers etc. once the emergency state gets lifted. Wonder how they want to do that with such tiny capacity.

Yeah exactly, if they have to treat patients, they are exposed to it all the time and have their health on the line. Really a though call to keep them safe....and I think there is no country that didn't run into shortages of protective gear and so on. Frequent testing is as important.

Let's hope everything stays under control as is(y)

It's very likely that the remaining emergency order in Japan will be lifted today. We of course urge our members in Japan to continue best practices for further infections.

I'd also like to remind readers that as we return to normal business, please keep negative opinions to yourself on those shops and providers returning to work in the coming weeks.

Also just because the emergency is lifted Japan is still adding countries to a travel ban as of Friday. In other words if you are not here likely they won’t let you in still.
Even if you have PR, or a visa they will still deny entry.

If I understood correctly any PR holder who left before April when they issued the order is still able to come back.

@MikeH
This is more for people who may want to visit Japan because the State of Emergency has been lifted. Also for the people who left after it was announced & are stuck.
If we leave now still we also can’t easily come back.

@MikeH
This is more for people who may want to visit Japan because the State of Emergency has been lifted. Also for the people who left after it was announced & are stuck.
If we leave now still we also can’t easily come back.
Some idiot in one of the other online groups I'm in, was going on there and declaring that japan was OPEN and that visitors could go to Japan now. He equated that since the emergency was over, Japan was going to be open again. :banghead:

Yes I believe some will equate the end of State of Emergency with Japan is open for travel. It’s the opposite they just added more countries that are on the banned list.

Reactions: Simonka
Yes I believe some will equate the end of State of Emergency with Japan is open for travel. It’s the opposite they just added more countries that are on the banned list.
... as they should!
Lets become a Sakoku again and have a Tokugawa as shogun. Japan lost its way since the Meiji revolution! :D

Reactions: just4fun and MikeH
Some idiot in one of the other online groups I'm in, was going on there and declaring that japan was OPEN and that visitors could go to Japan now. He equated that since the emergency was over, Japan was going to be open again. :banghead:

Haha, some people really have no clue or are to lazy to inform themselves. Japan limited travel long before the state of emergency...two completely different things.

So what we are going to see next we will close the country again in less than a month when the new infections hit the roof.
Not my problem. Just reporting what's reported... lol

Not my problem. Just reporting what's reported... lol

Just sucks as I would need to visit the Old Country for some family matters and won't be doing it before I know I can actually get back too. Preferable without getting in to two week quarantine each way.

Reactions: Desktop
Just sucks as I would need to visit the Old Country for some family matters and won't be doing it before I know I can actually get back too. Preferable without getting in to two week quarantine each way.
Well. I'm not in Shinjuku, I'm at home, in my office, diligently working. So... I'm not contributing to the mass of people out there.

Well. I'm not in Shinjuku, I'm at home, in my office, diligently working. So... I'm not contributing to the mass of people out there.

Yeah, that was never the implication in my message. It just surprises me even after all this time how the population follows the orders by the letter and then similarly believes the virus has disappeared completely when the government tells the lock-downs are over.

Then again I am not really afraid of the virus, just the restrictions the governments are doing because of it.

Oh don’t be so fussy ... Quarantines in Lithuania are fun , or so I decided :)

Reactions: MikeH

I think you have now officially run out of guesses in Europe. I guess you need to widen the net. :p

And as I said in other thread, "it is a fact as I just made it up" so I believe you in the Lithuania thing too! :D

Born in Argentina to "unexpected" German immigrants.

That would probably give you not just multiple passports but multiple passports with totally different names. :D

Reactions: Sudsy
That would probably give you not just multiple passports but multiple passports with totally different names. :D
Like Michael-Henrik Pedro Von Mittelvinger-Innurasz Gonzalez y Sanchez . Credible. I think we solved the mystery now

Reactions: MikeH
Also just because the emergency is lifted Japan is still adding countries to a travel ban as of Friday. In other words if you are not here likely they won’t let you in still.

It's going to be even stricter until their testing capacity/quarantine protocol at the airports improve.

Wasn’t it Liechtenstein
Or some other country that appears under a microscope next to white blood cells