Guest viewing is limited

Daily WHO Reports for the Coronavirus Outbreak (Link)

The Holy See?
That would be quite ironical if Mikey was a Vaticanian (whatever they’re called... Vaticanese?)
He's not quite perverted enough to be a pope though....

Reports coming from my little birds in Shinjuku:

IT'S PACKED.

lol.

Now it's just a matter of luck. Could work without any rise in numbers, but Korea has shown that it only needs one guy with symptoms heading out to party to get 100 new cases at once. I hope at least clubs stay closed a bit longer.

Or some other country that appears under a microscope next to white blood cells

My country is like TBO. It might be tiny but it is beautiful to visit.

We just need someone to come up with a "Quarantine DH" - come into a country, get quarantines for 2 weeks, pick a cute companion to spend that time with you, pay appropriately.
It would be the most epic way to travel! :D

My country is like TBO. It might be tiny but it is beautiful to visit.
I know! I know! Gambia !
Damn it was so obvious ... Sorry Mikey, hope I didn’t hurt your Gambian proud with my very uneducated guesses

I know! I know! Gambia !
Damn it was so obvious ... Sorry Mikey, hope I didn’t hurt your Gambian proud with my very uneducated guesses

It's good we never met in Roppongi or Kabukicho, you would have guessed correctly immediately when you saw how many close Nigerian friends I have in those places.

Oops, did I gave it up now? :confused:

Japan mulls easing entry ban on 4 countries (Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand)
https://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0006582114

Some Japanese bloggers wrote about their recent experiences of arrival at Narita. Upon arrival a passenger needs to wait for a few hours in the airport to get tested, and then transported to a designated hotel (a blogger cites Toyoko-Inn Narita Airport) for two days until the test result comes back from the lab. If the result is negative, you are allowed to go to a place where you have pledged to stay for a 14-day self-quarantine but also "requested" not to use public transport for your onward travel. It looks pretty much messy even dealing with a very limited number of arrival passengers...

How are people getting home from Narita without using public transportation?

How are people getting home from Narita without using public transportation?

Someone needs to pick them up with a car I would presume. Or you need to rent a car by yourself. If there is any company willing to do rent to you.

Reactions: Ken1988 and Desktop
Someone needs to pick them up with a car I would presume. Or you need to rent a car by yourself. If there is any company willing to do rent to you.

Those rental car companies are probably desperate for a bit of business now that fewer people are traveling. Might be good for them.

Reactions: Majestyk and MikeH

In addition to those, the gov compiles a list of taxi companies which are willing to give you a ride to your quarantine address from Narita/Haneda. Not many tho.
https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/newpage_00020.html

Some hotels/property management firms offer a self-quarantine package (自主隔離プラン) including airport pickup.

So is there going to be another Tokyo lockdown?

The doctors I have talked predict there will be a second wave. Then it's left to the government to figure out if it's really worth closing everything down again.

It being Japan I wouldn't be the least surprised if we are in lock-down again before autumn.

It being Japan I wouldn't be the least surprised if we are in lock-down again before autumn.
Let's just hope things stay open long enough for a fresh wave of entrepreneurially minded young ladies to grace our shores.

I hope it's all just speculation.

Reactions: Tabanico
I see groups of 5-6 drinking together in cramped pubs. I wouldn’t be surprised.

I understand, people need an outlet but maybe meeting one friend at a time in a ventilated space is a better idea..

Reactions: MikeH
Meanwhile they have announced that they are going to announce whether they will decide to make the rainbow bridge glow red to make people behave.

Great work guys.

If they shut my gym I am going to fucking chain myself to it and force them to keep it open.

Reactions: MikeH
I see groups of 5-6 drinking together in cramped pubs. I wouldn’t be surprised.

I understand, people need an outlet but maybe meeting one friend at a time in a ventilated space is a better idea..
I went to my newly re-opened watering hole this evening and they had it pretty organized with social spacing. There were a couple of busy tables but not like the old days. 4 guys at a table for 6. Uber eats was busy there. It's not anywhere near back to "normal status imho. The new cases.......well, they got the virus a week or more ago right?

Meanwhile they have announced that they are going to announce whether they will decide to make the rainbow bridge glow red to make people behave.

Great work guys.

If they shut my gym I am going to fucking chain myself to it and force them to keep it open.
A red light bridge? Now we're talkin :p:)

Reactions: MikeH and Frenchy
I went to my newly re-opened watering hole this evening and they had it pretty organized with social spacing. There were a couple of busy tables but not like the old days. 4 guys at a table for 6. Uber eats was busy there. It's not anywhere near back to "normal status imho. The new cases.......well, they got the virus a week or more ago right?
Well, there are no strict enforcements so it really depends on the venue. Some take necessary precautions, some just don’t care.
What I observe is people are more laid back in residential areas, as if viruses can’t be transmitted in local neighborhood pubs.

Great work guys.

Looks like they will make the rainbow bridge light up in red from 11pm today. But it won’t have any affect in plans of reopening things. Just another statement that you should avoid the 3C’s as much as possible.

It seems not likely for now. A recent report by the gov's expert panel concluded that the peak of infection (backward projected from the illness onset data) was at the end of March, well before the SoE. Many are skeptical now if a "lockdown" is effective.

Well, there are no strict enforcements so it really depends on the venue. Some take necessary precautions, some just don’t care.
What I observe is people are more laid back in residential areas, as if viruses can’t be transmitted in local neighborhood pubs.

The difference is, that it's much more easy to trace in local pubs, as it's mostly the same regular. Way better than people going to shinjuku bar hopping and then spread it in all 4 directions.